ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > ElaKiri Help
Reload this Page Home networking danna kattiyata :D

(#1)
Old
Gomida will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to Gomida Send a message via AIM to Gomida Send a message via MSN to Gomida Send a message via Yahoo to Gomida Send a message via Skype™ to Gomida
check Home networking danna kattiyata :D - 08-06-2012, 12:03 AM

High ping between laptop and router

I did a hard reset on my router (Prolink H5004N)
-because since around 1 week back,
-my lap start showing 1Mbps connection between lap and router no matter how close to the router
-this was a permanent issue afterwards. I never saw the two connected >1Mbps via wifi
-but my desktop gets connected @ 100.00Mbps

Problem starts now
Now after the reset, my first problem solved. (I get readings >100Mbps between the router and lap [BGN=300Mbps])

THOUGH

With no WiFi password set to router
-I'm having abnormally higher pings between lap and router when connected as WLAN, max <500ms.

With WiFi password (WPA2 AES) the same I had before
-I'm having abnormally higher pings between lap and router when connected as WLAN around >1000ms randomly WITH packet loss

I assume this cant be a problem with the router since I checked with my friend's lap and it worked fine.
And also all pings from my desktop to lan (connected wia RJ232 Ethernet) are below 1ms.

I need to avoid a windows reinstall. Please can anyone help?
Thanks!

Router settings: As said, factory reset.
PC Settings and anymore related info: Ask me I'll give you

Last edited by Gomida; 08-06-2012 at 12:20 AM.
(#2)
Old

Send a message via ICQ to Gomida Send a message via AIM to Gomida Send a message via MSN to Gomida Send a message via Yahoo to Gomida Send a message via Skype™ to Gomida
08-06-2012, 12:14 AM

Bump ekak wath daala palayanko
(#3)
Old
shan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of light

08-06-2012, 12:15 AM

you laptop has a N standerd wifi card and ur wifi-router is N-300 or more competable...nothing unusual...now it has moved to the corect settings after reset. ENJOY!
(#4)
Old
shan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of lightshan4djfun is a glorious beacon of light

08-06-2012, 12:17 AM

but i see a 2% loss thats is somethiing weired
(#5)
Old

08-06-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan4djfun View Post
but i see a 2% loss thats is somethiing weired
That IS my problem
(#6)
Old

08-06-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomida View Post
That IS my problem
how many computors do u have?
(#7)
Old

08-06-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
you laptop has a N standerd wifi card and ur wifi-router is N-300 or more competable...nothing unusual...now it has moved to the corect settings after reset. ENJOY!
I just needed to mention the reason why I reset the router
Sorry if it caused to oversight the actual problem
Edited
(#8)
Old

08-06-2012, 12:25 AM

Quote:
how many computors do u have?
Two,

1. Desktop, wired, connected with RJ232 cable ethernet. No symptoms. All Normal
2. Laptop, wireless, 2% Loss. And lag.

(*) I used a friend's lap temperory to check if the problem is at Router end. But friends lap did not give any loss. Now that lap is no longer connected.

Ping results:
1. Desktop = all below 1ms
2. Laptop = High pings as posted
3. Friend's laptop = all below 1ms
(#9)
Old

08-06-2012, 12:43 AM

ur lap is only giving 2% or desktop also giving
(#10)
Old

08-06-2012, 12:47 AM

wireless connections ccan be tricky cometimes. what u can do is reinstall the driver rather than re-install the system. try that + live boot ubuntu and re-check. if the problem persist, PM me