ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > Sports
Reload this Page ..::Football IV::..

(#7571)
Old
Wolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant future

Today, 09:36 AM

Moyes yana yana thana awl.
(#7572)
Old
Wolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant future

Today, 09:36 AM

OFFICIAL: Juventus complete permanent Cuadrado deal

Juventus have completed the permanent signing of Chelsea midfielder Juan Cuadrado in a deal worth €20 million.The Colombia international has signed a three-year deal with the Serie A champions after spending the past two seasons on loan in Turin.

Cuadrado has helped the Bianconeri win back-to-back Scudetti and Coppas de Italia as well as playing his part in their run to the Champions League final this season.And after two fine seasons out on loan, Juve have made use of their option on the star to bring him back to Serie A on a permanent basis.

"Juventus announce that, after pre-contract terms were met, they have taken up the option to sign Juan Guillermo Cuadrado Bello from Chelsea," the club confirmed in a statement released on Monday.

"The fee in line with the agreement is €20 million payable in three installments from the coming 2017-18 season."Juventus and the player have in turn signed a contract until June 2020."Cuadrado moved to Chelsea in February 2015 after impressing with Fiorentina.

The midfielder, however, failed to adapt to life in the Premier League, and made just 15 appearances in all competitions for the Blues before being loaned out to Juventus at the start of the 2015-16 season.

He has scored eight goals in 83 appearances for Massimiliano Allegri's side having been deemed surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge.
(#7573)
Old

Today, 09:37 AM

Griezmann admits 'six out of ten' chance of joining Man Utd

Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann has admitted there is a "six out of 10" chance that he will join Manchester United this summer.

The France international has long been linked with the Old Trafford outfit, and Red Devils boss Jose Mourinho is keen to add the player to his squad.

And now Griezmann has revealed there is a real chance of him moving to the Europa League finalists, with his future set to be finalised in the next fortnight."My future will be decided within two weeks, " he told French television show, Quotidien.

He was then asked what the possibility of him joining United this summer would be out of 10, he replied "six".

Some reports have suggested Griezmann will only sign for United if they can secure Champions League football for next season.But Goal understands this is not the case, meaning defeat to Ajax on Wednesday evening would not necessarily end their chances of bringing Griezmann to the Theatre of Dreams.

The former Real Sociedad forward would likely cost in the region of €80 million should United make a bid.
(#7574)
Old

Today, 09:39 AM

Man Utd starlet Angel Gomes 'honoured' to follow in footsteps of Duncan Edwards

Angel Gomes says he is honoured to become the youngest player to represent Manchester United since club legend Duncan Edwards.The 16-year-old replaced Wayne Rooney in the 88th minute of Sunday's 2-0 home win over Crystal Palace, making his debut for the club.

As well as becoming the first Premier League player to be born in the year 2000, Gomes – a cousin of former United winger Nani – was the youngest to represent the club since Edwards' debut in 1953.

Gomes told MUTV: "Duncan Edwards was a great player and a United legend.
"He started playing when he was young and it is an honour to be the youngest since him."

Gomes had a rollercoaster week, being named the youngest-ever winner of United's Youth Team Player of the Year accolade before being drafted in by Jose Mourinho for the squad to face Palace.He added: "Obviously, it's a dream come true. I have been here since the age of six working my way up and it's what everyone dreams about.

"I just want to thank the manager for putting me on the bench and playing me, and all the staff back at the club and everyone who has helped me."I'm from Manchester, Salford and it's literally down the road. It's just unbelievable.

"It happened so quickly, really, from Thursday [getting the award] to Sunday, training on Friday and making an impression in Saturday's training before being named on the bench and coming on.

"My family were in the crowd. I was fortunate to get 10 tickets for all my family and I saw them in the corner when I was warming up and gave them a little thumbs-up. It was amazing.

"I felt the players made it easy for me really. Before coming on, I was speaking to Michael Carrick about how to get into the pockets and stuff and he helped me out a lot when I came on.

"He just kept trying to pass to me so I was happy and all the lads supported me and helped me, telling me what to do so I thank them for that."The attacking midfielder has been tipped as a future star, with United's Under-23 coach Nicky Butt describing his talent as "ridiculous".

Asked about next season, Gomes added: "I don't know what the future plans are but I just want to continue playing, whether it's in the Under-18s or Under-23s.
"I just want to stay with the good habits and carry on pushing really. Who knows?"
(#7575)
Old

Today, 09:40 AM

Coutinho planning Champions League run with Liverpool

Philippe Coutinho has dropped the biggest hint yet that he is ready to turn down overtures from the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

The Brazilian continues to see his future at Anfield called into question, despite being settled in his current surroundings and having committed to a new long-term contract in January.That deal is intended to keep him at the club until at least 2022, by which time Coutinho will be approaching his 30th birthday.

"Speculations are for journalists only," he told ESPN Brazil after the win over Middlesbrough. "I've got a long contract with Liverpool."The whole team is playing well, today was a very important victory, next season it’s the Champions League."

He has netted 14 times across all competitions for the Reds this season, with a personal best 13 of those efforts coming in Premier League fixtures.

It is those exploits which have attracted the likes of Barca and Bayern to his services, but Liverpool have no intention of selling and the man himself appears to have no desire to consider a change of scenery.
(#7576)
Old

Today, 09:41 AM

Ajax sensation Dolberg breaks fan's arm with wayward shot

Kasper Dolberg has hit the target 23 times this season, but one wayward warm-up effort saw the Danish striker break a supporter’s wrist.The 19-year-old has starred for Ajax in 2016-17, earning him widespread acclaim and reports of interest from Manchester United.

Dolberg will lock horns with the Red Devils in the Europa League final on Wednesday, with his Dutch club looking to him for inspiration in the final third.

He has provided that on numerous occasions since breaking through in Amsterdam, but did end up sending an unfortunate fan to casualty on his last appearance against Willem II after firing a wild pre-match shot into the stands.Stijn Udo, the supporter in question, explained to AT5: "It was going very fast. The ball hit my wrist very hard.

"At half-time, I went to the first aiders, they gave me a bag of ice, but I did not want to miss the match. Ajax could have become champions!“After the match, I went to the hospital. First I thought it was a bruise, but after taking x-rays, it turned out that I broke my wrist in two places."

Ajax have offered their apologies to Udo and intend to reward his loyal support in some way, although tickets to Wednesday’s Europa League clash in Stockholm may be a little optimistic.

"They will send me a little something, but I do not know what yet,” added Udo.“Two tickets for the final on Wednesday? Yes, that would be nice, though it will be difficult because I cannot drive with my wrist."

Ajax beat Willem II 3-1, with Dolberg among the scorers, but they missed out on the Eredivisie title by one point to Feyenoord.
(#7577)
Old

Today, 09:42 AM

Clichy confirms he will leave Man City

Gael Clichy has confirmed that he will leave Manchester City when his contract expires this summer.The French left-back, who signed for the club in 2011, is one of seven senior players whose deals are up in July.

Pablo Zabaleta is the only other of those to have officially announced that he is leaving, and he was honoured with an emotional send-off following City's final home game of the season last week.

But now Clichy has told fans at an exclusive screening of 93:20, a City-made documentary about Sergio Aguero's league title-winning goal in 2012, that he will not be signing a new deal.During a Q&A session with supporters, he was asked if he would be playing with Joe Hart next season.

Hart is on loan at Torino and City are looking to find a permanent buyer this summer, and Clichy made clear he would not play alongside the England international even if Pep Guardiola had a shock change of heart over the goalkeeper.

"It's hard," he said. "I'm not sure whether or not Joe will be here next season, and I won't be here next season."City are in the market for full-backs this summer and are keen admirers of Monaco's Benjamin Mendy and Juventus' Alex Sandro.

As well as Clichy and Zabaleta, Bacary Sagna, Willy Caballero, Jesus Navas, Yaya Toure and Tosin Adarabioyo are out of contract this summer.Goal understands Sagna will follow his fellow full-backs out of the door, along with Caballero.

Navas has been offered a one-year extension but has also held talks over a return to boyhood club Sevilla on a three-year deal.Adarabioyo has agreed terms on a new contract, however, while Toure appears likely to be offered another year-long deal.
(#7578)
Old

Today, 09:44 AM

Conte named LMA Manager of the Year

Antonio Conte has been rewarded for his efforts in leading Chelsea to the Premier League title with the League Managers' Association (LMA) Manager of the Year award.The Italian has made an instant impact since arriving at Stamford Bridge following the end of Euro 2016.

In his first season in the Premier League he spearheaded a dominant title challenge, with Chelsea eventually winning the title by seven points over closest rivals Tottenham.

And he has been honoured with the prestigious LMA award at the Association's annual dinner, determined by votes from managers across the league pyramid.

It is the second time in as many years that an Italian has taken the gong, with Claudio Ranieri winning last time round in recognition of his work taking Leicester City to a thrilling title.It completed a double night of celebration for Conte, who also won the Premier League Manager Year of the Prize earlier in the evening.

Chelsea took a mammoth 93 points over their 38 games, losing just five times over the course of the season to stroll to Premier League success.

Conte could also complete the double if his side manages to down Arsenal in the FA Cup final.Brighton and Hove Albion's Chris Hughton received the prize in the Championship as he took the Seagulls back to the top flight for the first time in 34 years. There were also awards for Paul Cook of Portsmouth and Sheffield United's Chris Wilder, who won in League Two and One respectively for 2016-17.

Lincoln City's Danny Cowley, meanwhile, received a Special Achievement award after the non-league side battled through to the quarter finals of the FA Cup in a thrilling run that was eventually ended by Arsenal as well as winning the National League.
(#7579)
Old

Today, 09:44 AM

Congratulations Conte!
(#7580)
Old

Today, 09:49 AM

'It's a sad day for Manchester' - Football world reacts as 19 killed in suspected UK terror attack

At least 19 people have been confirmed as killed in a suspected terror attack in Manchester, UK, late on Monday night, and the football world has begun to mourn the tragic loss of life.

In addition to numerous fatalities, police claim over 50 people were injured when an explosion hit outside the Manchester Arena following an Ariana Grande gig.The likes of local club Manchester City, its captain Vincent Kompany and England football legend Gary Lineker took to social media to express sympathy and support for the victims of the tragedy.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) released a statement in the early hours of Tuesday morning explaining that it is treating the incident as a terrorist attack, although that's a working hypothesis with details remaining thin on the ground.

"Just before 22:35 on Monday May 22, 2017, police were called to reports of an explosion at Manchester Arena," the GMP statement reads."So far 19 people have been confirmed dead, with around 50 others injured. This is currently being treated as a terrorist incident until police know otherwise."

UK Prime Minister Theresa May condemned the incident, saying: "We are working to establish the full details of what is being treated by the police as an appalling terrorist attack."All our thoughts are with the victims and the families of those who have been affected."

All political parties will suspend campaigning ahead of the of next month's General Election for what will be a period of national mourning.

The Manchester Arena is in the city centre of the north-west UK, two miles north of Manchester United's Old Trafford and two miles west of Manchester City's Etihad Stadium.

Although initial reports suggested the explosion happened in the foyer, Manchester Arena released a statement in the aftermath claiming the explosion happened outside as an estimated 21,000 people left the concert just after 22:30
"We can confirm there was an incident as people were leaving the Ariana Grande show last night," it said.

"The incident took place outside the venue in a public space. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims."