ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > Sports
Reload this Page ..::Football IV::..

(#6661)
Old
Wolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant future

Today, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharuroxforjustice View Post
ඔයාගේ ත්‍රෙඩ් වලින්ම තමයි යාලුවා Foot Ball Niche ගැන ඉගෙන ගත්තේ.

සතුටුයි. එල ++

Elazzz bro!
(#6662)
Old
Wolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant futureWolverine GTR has a brilliant future

Today, 09:19 AM

Netherlands want Van Gaal as adviser after Blind sacking

Louis van Gaal could be set for a return to the Netherlands national team as the KNVB is open to working with him as an adviser.

The former Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach took over Oranje for the second time after their disastrous Euro 2012 campaign and guided them to a surprise third-place finish at World Cup 2014.

Leaving to take over at Manchester United afterwards, the Champions League-winning boss was replaced by Guus Hiddink at the national team, who was sacked during the Euro 2016 qualifiers as the Dutch missed out on the expanded tournament.

Hiddink's successor, Danny Blind, did not improve the situation, though, as a 2-0 loss to Bulgaria on Saturday left them six points behind France in their World Cup 2018 qualifying group, prompting the organisation to relieve him of his duties on Sunday.

As the KNVB looks to fix a dismal situation, they are open to working with experts and advisers, with 65-year-old Van Gaal a key option.

"For the profile we're looking for we have a technical director, but we will also look for many other experts," professional football director Jean Paul Decossaux told De Telegraaf, with Van Gaal named directly.

"We hope to come to an agreement with a new coach, but it will not be done in a week. Ahead of the games in June seems to be reasonable. "That list should include all kinds of names - a foreign coach is an option. "Ronald Koeman us undoubtedly capable, but I know he is under contract with a club.

"Tomorrow, Dutch football may move forward."
(#6663)
Old

Today, 09:22 AM

Defoe in the running for World Cup spot, says Southgate

Jermain Defoe has every chance of being selected for England's World Cup squad in 2018, says manager Gareth Southgate.Defoe, 34, scored in England's 2-0 World Cup qualification win over Lithuania at Wembley on Sunday, his first international appearance since November 2013.

Despite his age, Southgate insists the Sunderland striker will be considered if his side make it to Russia, as long as he is still fit and firing."We have got to look every time we get together as to who is in form," Southgate told reporters when asked about Defoe's World Cup chances.

"I don't know if we can have a distinct pecking order because players that are playing well deserve the opportunity."If we are going to be successful, we have got to have that competition for places.

"The reality is we will always lose players to injury, we have never been able to field or pick a full cohort, so it is really important that we are able to call upon the likes of Jermain and for him to have the impact he had in a game like this one.

"But if he is scoring goals in the Premier League and playing as well as he has this season, then there is absolutely no reason why he couldn't [go to the World Cup]."

Southgate added: "It is a great moment for him. He was thrilled to be back involved in the squad. I think he has enjoyed his week immensely.

"I'm pleased for the two lads who have got the goals, a great story for Jermain - I would have put my house on him scoring at some stage - and I felt Jamie Vardy added something to us.
(#6664)
Old

Today, 09:23 AM

‘He’s a mix of Zidane and Ronaldo’ – Perez hails Benzema as world’s best

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has hailed Karim Benzema as the game’s outstanding No.9.

The striker has been left out of the France national side for their latest fixtures against Luxembourg and Spain, but if Didier Deschamps is not a fan of the Lyon-born striker, Perez certainly is.“He's a mix of Zidane and Ronaldo, so for me he is the world's best number nine,” he told RMC. “He plays very well and it is very difficult to find a striker like him. If it depends on me, he will stay in Madrid forever, but that is not something we are discussing right now, but again, if it depends on me, he will stay here.”

Meanwhile, the president was tight-lipped on his side’s attempts to sign Kylian Mbappe from Monaco – a young man who made his France debut off the bench in Friday’s 3-1 win over Luxembourg.

“Anything is possible, but we will not talk about players who don't belong to Real Madrid. He's a great player but we're only thinking about La Liga and the Champions League right now,” Perez said.
(#6665)
Old

Today, 09:24 AM

Manchester City fined for misconduct during Liverpool game

Manchester City have been fined by the Football Association (FA) after admitting to misconduct charges filed after a 1-1 draw with Liverpool.

Referee Michael Oliver's decision to give the visitors a penalty at the Etihad Stadium was met with fierce protest from City players, who crowded round the match official. James Milner nevertheless converted from the spot, before Sergio Aguero sealed a draw for his side 20 minutes from the end.

But as the FA confirmed on Monday, Pep Guardiola's men crossed the line in their protests and the club is now liable to pay a fine of £35,000.

"Following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today [Monday 27 March 2017], Manchester City have been fined £35,000 after the club admitted an FA misconduct charge," a statement read.

"City breached FA Rule E20(a) in that in or around the 50th minute of the game against Liverpool on 19 March 2017, the club failed to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion."
(#6666)
Old

Today, 09:25 AM

De Boer will not be next Netherlands coach, says agent

Frank De Boer has no interest in becoming Netherlands head coach, according to his agent.

Oranje sacked Danny Blind on Sunday, less than 24 hours on from a damaging 2-0 World Cup qualifying defeat to Bulgaria.

Former Ajax boss De Boer has been touted as a possible replacement, with Netherlands facing the prospect of missing out on a second consecutive major tournament.

But his representative Guido Albers told AD Sportwereld that the 46-year-old, who won 112 caps for his country, remains committed to a return to club management despite a swiftly curtailed stint in charge of Inter this season.

"He wants to be on the field every day," Albers said."So he's not available. No, Frank de Boer will not be the new coach."It's nothing to do with the risk factor. Frank really wants to work on a team [club]."

De Boer's twin brother Ronald feels ex-boss Louis van Gaal could be the best option in Netherland's current predicament, but would caution him against a third spell in charge.He believes former Barcelona and Chelsea assistant Henk ten Cate – currently in charge of Abu Dhabi side Al Jazira - could be a good option, although a foreign appointment should not be ruled out.

"I would advise [Van Gaal] not to do it," Ronald de Boer told AD Sportwereld. "Henk ten Cate is therefore an option – someone with charisma, who has refined [his talents] internationally and loves attacking football."Put one former player like Ruud van Nistelrooy and Mark van Bommel next [as assistant]."

He added: "I'm definitely open [to a foreign coach] but only one who is for attacking football. That would be a German, or an Argentinian or a Spaniard."
(#6667)
Old

Today, 09:26 AM

Efficient Giroud still a favourite for France boss Deschamps

France boss Didier Deschamps believes Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud still has a valuable role to play with the national team.

Giroud has served as France's main striker since Karim Benzema's exile began in late 2015 and he led the line as the hosts finished as runners-up at Euro 2016, scoring three times.

Nevertheless, the 30-year-old continues to divide opinion in his homeland and has been restricted to seven Premier League starts with Arsenal this season.

He has managed eight goals in England's top flight and, with Monaco sensation Kylian Mbappe in Deschamps' squad for the first time, Giroud offered a timely reminder of his talents with a brace in Saturday's 3-1 World Cup qualifying win over Luxembourg.

"He can play tomorrow, like the other ones," Deschamps said at a news conference ahead of Tuesday's friendly with Spain at the Stade de France."Olivier has not had a lot of minutes on the pitch, also because he had an injury.Even if he was in the side [at Arsenal], then the people were thinking that he was able to play, to begin the match.

"If you're on the bench and you don't come in because you're not 100 per cent, then only few people can be aware of it."But before the international break he played three games in a row. He knows that he's had a more difficult season.

"But he proved on Saturday that he's still an efficient striker. He scores goals with us, but he also gives to the players around him to change the attacking dynamic."
Another of the young stars putting pressure on the likes of Giroud is Borussia Dortmund winger Ousmane Dembele.

The 19-year-old was substituted at half-time on his maiden international start against Ivory Coast last November, but he completed 90 minutes on the right flank at the weekend.

"Yes, it did not go well the first time," Deschamps said of Dembele. "He was perhaps a little inhibited."He has reacted well with his club, where he gives good performances. He has a running speed, he likes to dribble.

"He has to make the right choices but he is able to unbalance defences. This game against Luxembourg will give him confidence."
(#6668)
Old

Today, 09:27 AM

'I'm in the middle of my career' - Retirement far from Ramos' thoughts

Sergio Ramos has no plans to follow Spain team-mate Gerard Pique into international retirement after the 2018 World Cup and is adamant that he still has "many years left" at the top.

The Real Madrid star turns 31 on Thursday but is showing no sign of slowing down as he continues to be a vital cog at both club and international level.

Ramos is expected to play in Spain's friendly against France in Paris on Tuesday and he will win his 142nd cap in the process, with Iker Casillas' record of 167 well within sight.

His usual centre-back partner Pique will not be around for much longer, having already revealed plans to step away from the international stage after next year's World Cup, though Ramos will not be following suit."I am in the middle of my career," he said at a media conference."I have many years left at a good level. Each season I reset myself to start from scratch, not settling for what I've already won.

"As long as I continue to want to win, both in the national team and in the club, I will continue playing. I hope it's the longest possible time — I see it [retirement] far in the future."

Hoping to profit from many more years of Ramos is Spain coach Julen Lopetegui, who is eager for his team to play with freedom on Tuesday, insisting they will not just be looking to nullify France's chief threats like Antoine Griezmann.

"Let's play thinking only about us," he said. "We have a lot of respect for France, but the most important thing is to maintain the style, our football."We always face the game with confidence. We are aware of the strength of France, but we have our chance, we can play well."

The match is also going to be noteworthy due to the implementation of video technology for the first time in France, and while Lopetegui thinks it is a positive step, he believes the authorities need to find the balance when using it."The technology is welcome, but it needs to be applied in the right doses so that it does not lose freshness and interest," he said.