ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > ElaKiri.com > News and Updates
Reload this Page King Tut's Death...a mistery...

(#1)
Old
teescha is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to teescha Send a message via Yahoo to teescha
King Tut's Death...a mistery... - 05-27-2006, 01:39 AM

2005 research

On March 8, 2005, Egyptian archaeologist Zahi Hawass revealed the results of a CT scan performed on the pharaoh's mummy. The scan uncovered no evidence for a blow to the back of the head as well as no evidence suggesting foul play. There was a hole in the head, but it appeared to have been drilled, presumably by embalmers. A fracture to Tutankhamun's left thighbone was interpreted as evidence that suggests the pharaoh badly broke his leg before he died, and his leg became infected; however, members of the Egyptian-led research team recognized as a less likely possibility that the fracture was caused by the embalmers. 1,700 images were produced of Tutankhamun's mummy during the 15-minute CT scan.

Much was learned about the young king's life. His age at death was estimated at 19 years, based on physical developments that set upper and lower limits to his age. The king had been in general good health, and there were no signs of any major infectious disease or malnutrition during childhood. He was slight of build, and was roughly 170 cm (5‡ ft) tall. He had large front incisor teeth and the overbite characteristic of the rest of the Thutmosid line of kings to which he belonged.

He also had a pronounced dolichocephalic (elongated) skull, though it was within normal bounds and highly unlikely to have been pathologic in cause. Given the fact that many of the royal depictions of Akhenaten (possibly his father, certainly a relation), often featured an elongated head, it is likely an exaggeration of a family trait, rather than a distinct abnormality more typical of a condition like Marfan's syndrome, as had been suggested.

A slight bend to his spine was also found, but the scientists agreed that that there was no associated evidence to suggest that it was pathological in nature, and that it was much more likely to have been caused during the embalming process. This ended speculation based on the previous X-rays that Tutanhkamun had suffered from scoliosis.

The 2005 conclusion by a team of Egyptian scientists, based on the CT scan findings, confirmed that Tutankhamun died of a swift attack of gangrene after breaking his leg. After consultations with Italian and Swiss experts, the Egyptian scientists found that the fracture in Tutankhamun's left leg most likely occurred only days before his death, which had then become gangrenous and led directly to his death.

The fracture was not sustained during the mummification process or as a result of some damage to the mummy as claimed by Howard Carter. The Egyptian scientists have also found no evidence that he had been struck in the head and no other indication he was killed, as had been previously speculated.Despite the relatively poor condition of the mummy, the Egyptian team found evidence that great care had been given to the body of Tutankhamun during the embalming process. They found five distinct embalming materials, which were applied to the body at various stages of the mummification process. This counters previous assertions that the king's body had been prepared carelessly and in a hurry.
(#2)
Old
snowgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

05-27-2006, 04:40 AM

yess.... i totally knew diz... took a class in college calld mummification so talkd a lot abt king tut..the best guess they make is he died cause of the knee injury which could have been a result of falling from his cart...n it was proven that his knee injury was severe and embalmers had to take special actions to put it together while perfoming the embalment...
(#3)
Old
teescha is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to teescha Send a message via Yahoo to teescha
thats great... - 05-27-2006, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgirl
yess.... i totally knew diz... took a class in college calld mummification so talkd a lot abt king tut..the best guess they make is he died cause of the knee injury which could have been a result of falling from his cart...n it was proven that his knee injury was severe and embalmers had to take special actions to put it together while perfoming the embalment...

Tell us more about Ur experience in this college................
(#4)
Old
Hellbuster is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Hellbuster Send a message via Yahoo to Hellbuster
06-01-2006, 03:41 AM

(#5)
Old
snowgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

06-01-2006, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbuster
u ok?

well tee...my experience wasnt too good cuz i ve bn sleeping during more than half of da class despite dat i knw i learned lotta thingz abt King Tut n i have lotta books on him including lotta info on his intact tomb dat was discovered while back...n all stuffss... i m too lazy to type all dat ..