ewa hodai thamanhe hitha rawatta ganna
(#12)
Old
rapa has a spectacular aura aboutrapa has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to rapa
05-30-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoja_Ali
i also like to read that book of swaminwahansa.
any pdf's ?
i it is nice to know about other religious theories.
if I got the PDF, I'll send it to you bro
(#13)
Old
rapa has a spectacular aura aboutrapa has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to rapa
05-30-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djHiran
I'm also a buddhist. But after reading this book in unbiased and an open mind, I dont agree with the idea presented here by ven.Kiribathgoda Gnananda Thero
I didn't read that book yet
I like to know what is the reason for your decision?
(#14)
Old
shrawakaya is an unknown quantity at this point

05-30-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I'm also a buddhist. But after reading this book in unbiased and an open mind, I dont agree with the idea presented here by ven.Kiribathgoda Gnananda Thero
Please note that, idea presented in this book is not of Ven. Kiribathgoda Gnanananda Thero but of our Sasthrun Wahanse (Gautama Sambuddha). Ven Gnanananda Thero just communicates to us, what really Gautama Buddha has said re this, just refering to Uthum Buddha Deshana (from Sutra/Vinaya Pitaka).
(#15)
Old
djHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nice

05-30-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrawakaya
Please note that, idea presented in this book is not of Ven. Kiribathgoda Gnanananda Thero but of our Sasthrun Wahanse (Gautama Sambuddha). Ven Gnanananda Thero just communicates to us, what really Gautama Buddha has said re this, just refering to Uthum Buddha Deshana (from Sutra/Vinaya Pitaka).
Being a true buddhist, I'm a true vegetarian as well. Please read the book again carefully.
Don't forget that anyone can illicitly use our Sasthrun Wahanse's deshana from Thripitaka.

Last edited by djHiran; 05-30-2008 at 11:59 AM.
(#16)
Old
djHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nice

05-30-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapa
I didn't read that book yet
I like to know what is the reason for your decision?
Machan the overall idea is that being a vegetarian is not something essential. I don't agree to that.
But being a true vegetarian is something very difficult to do and hence have a real value.
I'm a true vegetarian
(#17)
Old
shrawakaya is an unknown quantity at this point

05-30-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Being a true buddhist, I'm a true vegetarian as well. Please read the book again carefully.
Don't forget that anyone can illicitly use our Sasthrun Wahanse's deshana from Thripitaka.
Dear Friend, I did read the book carefully. Not only the book, I also read all Sutra/Vinaya sections in Sutta and Vinaya pitakas to which Ven.Gnanananda Thero has referred to. Further, I also have read many more Sutra Deshana of Gautama Buddha, directly from Sutta/Vinaya Pitaka. My Dhamma knowledge is independant. Ven.Gnananda Thero's book does not conflict with my understanding of Sri Saddharma and Gautama Buddha. Even before reading this book, I had same views on the subject. So dear friend, why don't you independantly study this. There's no point in arguing here. Isn't it?
(#18)
Old
Chamila is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via Skype™ to Chamila
smile 05-30-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapa
The latest book by Venerable Kiribathgoda Gnanananda Thero is on 'Vegetariansim'. The book is presented in Questions & Answers method and discusses in detail, the various beliefs prevailing in the community with regard to the consumption of non-vegetarian food by Buddhists. Any wise person can clear all his/her doubts on 'Vegetarianism' by reading the book in non-judgmental, unbiased and an open mind.

ape rate mas anubawa karana aththo meeka kiyewwoth hodai.duk widala widala merna sathage malakuna kala sathutuwena kattiyata meeka thami hoda.balanna ape ratte minissukeedenek mas nisa ledarogawalata goduru wenawadakiyala.oowen midennanam mas athhariya uthui.
(#19)
Old

05-30-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrawakaya
Dear Friend, I did read the book carefully. Not only the book, I also read all Sutra/Vinaya sections in Sutta and Vinaya pitakas to which Ven.Gnanananda Thero has referred to. Further, I also have read many more Sutra Deshana of Gautama Buddha, directly from Sutta/Vinaya Pitaka. My Dhamma knowledge is independant. Ven.Gnananda Thero's book does not conflict with my understanding of Sri Saddharma and Gautama Buddha. Even before reading this book, I had same views on the subject. So dear friend, why don't you independantly study this. There's no point in arguing here. Isn't it?
Ok, thank you for your idea. I also own a set of books of the total Thripitakaya. But I'm still not finished reading it.

BUT as to my opinion, to be or not to be a vegetarian is not the core of Buddhism as well. It's all about the only practicable way to attain Nibbana... So, arguing on such a topic like this is not something useful.
(#20)
Old
Nash_Node is just really niceNash_Node is just really niceNash_Node is just really niceNash_Node is just really niceNash_Node is just really niceNash_Node is just really niceNash_Node is just really niceNash_Node is just really nice

05-30-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Machan the overall idea is that being a vegetarian is not something essential. I don't agree to that.
But being a true vegetarian is something very difficult to do and hence have a real value.
I'm a true vegetarian
who the heck is a TRUE vegitatian ?

care to explain?