ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > Automobile > Automobile Technical Help
Reload this Page vitz 2017 gear box issue

(#41)
Old
Dragon Kolla is a glorious beacon of lightDragon Kolla is a glorious beacon of lightDragon Kolla is a glorious beacon of lightDragon Kolla is a glorious beacon of lightDragon Kolla is a glorious beacon of lightDragon Kolla is a glorious beacon of lightDragon Kolla is a glorious beacon of lightDragon Kolla is a glorious beacon of lightDragon Kolla is a glorious beacon of lightDragon Kolla is a glorious beacon of lightDragon Kolla is a glorious beacon of light

01-14-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrm View Post
ne ban. normal auto gear car ekak padala mulinma CVT ekak drive karadi hithenne gear box eke awlak kiyala CVT stress karanne nethuwa shape eke drive karanna one.

Passo aluth eke nam engine/gear box same as Vitz. Vitz ekata wada space eka tikak wedyi. samahara options ehemath wedyi.
ela ela

mekata awith reply ekak dala palayanko

http://www.elakiri.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1924777
(#42)
Old
Hyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to behold

01-14-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emios View Post
You are saying the same thing.Sri lanka is severe condition and go traffic is the worst thing for heat related issues.Sri lanka is not a desired climate with high humidity.You are making statements for japan roads.Even if you don't drive at all it should be replaced.More importanlty if you make short trips it becomes worse in the case of op doing 11000km just short trips.
Yes, traffic is hell in Sri Lanka - frequent stop-go traffic puts tremendous strain on transmission fluid when you DRIVE through such traffic. That's why you should replace transmission fluid when you DRIVE 40k kms under those conditions.

Water contamination due to condensation happens in Japan as well as SL - more so because Japan actually has a winter while SL does not. If this was a concern for transmission fluid Japs would have it much worse than us.
(#43)
Old
Emios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of light

01-14-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyaenidae View Post
Yes, traffic is hell in Sri Lanka - frequent stop-go traffic puts tremendous strain on transmission fluid when you DRIVE through such traffic. That's why you should replace transmission fluid when you DRIVE 40k kms under those conditions.

Water contamination due to condensation happens in Japan as well as SL - more so because Japan actually has a winter while SL does not. If this was a concern for transmission fluid Japs would have it much worse than us.

stop and go traffic beats any winter by miles.Ask any mechanic the state of cvt oil,the filter after 2 years and the performance change.Drivng 40k you can do under 3 months too what then?11000km you can do over years too.same thing.Not me ask any mechanic.
(#44)
Old
Hyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to beholdHyaenidae is a splendid one to behold

01-14-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
stop and go traffic beats any winter by miles.Ask any mechanic the state of cvt oil,the filter after 2 years and the performance change.Drivng 40k you can do under 3 months too what then?11000km you can do over years too.same thing.Not me ask any mechanic.
If you DRIVE 40k under stop-go traffic conditions within 3 months (driven under severe conditions) should the transmission fluid be replaced? - Yes

If you drive 11k under stop-go traffic conditions within 3 years (driven under severe conditions) should the transmission fluid be replaced? - No

Not me, refer to a workshop manual or a maintenance schedule published by people who MAKE cars. (I can post a pic of my maintenance booklet published by Mitsubishi if you like) Even under SEVERE conditions, you're not supposed to replace transmission fluid in a timely basis.

Last edited by Hyaenidae; 01-14-2020 at 03:13 PM.
(#45)
Old
Emios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of light

01-14-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
If you DRIVE 40k under stop-go traffic conditions within 3 months (driven under severe conditions) should the transmission fluid be replaced? - Yes

If you drive 11k under stop-go traffic conditions within 3 years (driven under severe conditions) should the transmission fluid be replaced? - No

Not me, refer to a workshop manual or a maintenance schedule published by people who MAKE cars. (I can post a pic of my maintenance booklet published by Mitsubishi if you like) Even under SEVERE conditions, you're not supposed to replace transmission fluid in a timely basis.
Make cars and severe conditions in japan! not to be used in sl keep reading it untill you ruin something
(#46)
Old

01-14-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Make cars in japan! not to be used in sl keep reading it untill you ruin something
Made in Japan but mine is an export model and exported to Sri Lanka by the manufacturer along with all warranties and recall support enjoyed by the Japanese Even the suspension is designed specifically for our road conditions (High-ground clearance) so the manufacturer wasn't messing around when recommending maintenance intervals
(#47)
Old

01-14-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Made in Japan but mine is an export model and exported to Sri Lanka by the manufacturer along with all warranties and recall support enjoyed by the Japanese Even the suspension is designed specifically for our road conditions (High-ground clearance) so the manufacturer wasn't messing around when recommending maintenance intervals
good luck is all i can say
(#48)
Old

01-14-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
severe conditions in japan!
There's no such thing as "severe conditions in Japan" severe conditions are severe conditions regardless of the country.

You should really read a maintenance schedule sometime ... they've nicely explained what they mean by "severe conditions".
(#49)
Old

01-14-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
good luck is all i can say
Thanks, go find a maintenance schedule for an export model of a car if you don't believe me
(#50)
Old

01-14-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Thanks, go find a maintenance schedule for an export model of a car if you don't believe me
export manual specially to sri lanka.Give me one if you have one