ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > ElaKiri Talk!
Reload this Page Aethist corner of Elakiri

(#361)
Old
AncientGlory has a spectacular aura aboutAncientGlory has a spectacular aura about

03-22-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethist View Post
My friend I did not do science/ maths to argue with you on physics, humbly I say that. However, if you cannot measure some shyte using a scientific meter, then that shyte only exists in one's mind, which is just shyte to me and for the 79% of this world who do not beleive in Buddhism and Hinduism

Religions by popularity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...us_populations
Our discussion need not necessarily have a scientific basis. Am I correct to assume that you believe 'soul' is a concept made in mind and no other religion except Buddhism and Hinduism has such a concept? Also the reason for not believing a soul exists is because it is not measurable?
(#362)
Old
ela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of light

03-22-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
My friend I did not do science/ maths to argue with you on physics, humbly I say that.
Me too.....
(#363)
Old
GuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of light

03-22-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientGlory View Post
Our discussion need not necessarily have a scientific basis. Am I correct to assume that you believe 'soul' is a concept made in mind and no other religion except Buddhism and Hinduism has such a concept? Also the reason for not believing a soul exists is because it is not measurable?
Actually the weight of the soul is measured by scientists....

Quote:
The human soul weighs 1/3,000th of an ounce!
http://www.noeticsciences.co.uk/weig...he-human-soul/

http://rationallyspeaking.blogspot.c...-21-grams.html
(#364)
Old
ela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of lightela_eluwa120 is a glorious beacon of light

03-22-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuneBhai View Post
It seems that they presupposed if there is some change in weight, it should be attributed to soul.
(#365)
Old
Aethist is an unknown quantity at this point

03-23-2012, 07:46 AM

(#366)
Old
GuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of lightGuneBhai is a glorious beacon of light

03-23-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
(#367)
Old
twisted is a glorious beacon of lighttwisted is a glorious beacon of lighttwisted is a glorious beacon of lighttwisted is a glorious beacon of lighttwisted is a glorious beacon of lighttwisted is a glorious beacon of lighttwisted is a glorious beacon of lighttwisted is a glorious beacon of lighttwisted is a glorious beacon of lighttwisted is a glorious beacon of lighttwisted is a glorious beacon of light

03-23-2012, 07:20 PM

Heavenly Father—take to thee
The supreme iniquity
Fashioned by thy candid Hand
In a moment contraband—

Though to trust us—seem to us
More respectful—“We are Dust”--
We apologize to thee
For thine own Duplicity--
(#368)
Old
AncientGlory has a spectacular aura aboutAncientGlory has a spectacular aura about

03-24-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ela_eluwa120 View Post
It seems that they presupposed if there is some change in weight, it should be attributed to soul.
However I think the important question is if there is a change, how do you explain it? Any ideas(Other than soul)?
(#369)
Old
djHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nicedjHiran is just really nice

03-24-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
However I think the important question is if there is a change, how do you explain it? Any ideas(Other than soul)?
There may be other possibilities, because there is no concept "conservation of mass" in physics (chemists think that it holds, but it is not correct). For example, if you allow A and B to react for example, the combined molecule AB does not have the mass of A added to B, but less. The lost fraction of mass is a very small indeed, but the important thing is there is a change. And this change can very accurately be quantified using special theory of relativity.
(#370)
Old
Aethist is an unknown quantity at this point

03-25-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=4]Our discussion need not necessarily have a scientific basis.

not being rude but I do not participate in non quantifiable/ scientifically not measurable/ uncommon sense/ illogical discussions

having said that, you come and tell me, one day that NASA has discovered "heaven" or Stephen Hawking the greatest scientist of our time, disagrees to what he already said about "soul", then I will become a religious person ASAP

"when the brain dies it's all over for the mind" - Stephen Hawking - The Universe in a Nutshell