ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > Sports
Reload this Page ..::Football IV::..

(#8451)
Old
Wolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond repute

07-18-2017, 01:52 AM

Morata open to AC Milan move but talks have cooled, says Mirabelli

Massimiliano Mirabelli says Alvaro Morata has expressed an interest in joining AC Milan, but talks have cooled down as their search for a high-profile striker continues.

CEO Marco Fassone confirmed on Sunday that the Rossoneri are looking to snap up one of Morata, Andrea Belotti and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in a busy transfer period for the club.Speculation continues to circulate about the three centre-forwards, with Premier League champions Chelsea among others being named alongside each.

Although Milan sporting director Mirabelli says talks got off to a good start with Real Madrid's Morata, they are still looking at the likes of the Torino and Borussia Dortmund stars.

"We're sorry if Torino are annoyed about Belotti," he told Mediaset. "We have a number of strikers in mind and we are asking for information.

"I spoke with Torino and they know we are monitoring Belotti among others. We are acting with integrity and transparency: notifying the club before talking to the players.

"We have been looking at Morata from the beginning, and he has made himself available, then complications arose between the Champions League final and the emergence of different interested teams and things have cooled since. It can warm up again, but it will be on our terms."

Milan have spent big in the current transfer window, with the shock signing of Leonardo Bonucci from Juventus adding to the captures of Andrea Conti, Andre Silva, Hakan Calhanoglu, Franck Kessie and others.One of their most significant deals, however, has been the contract renewal of Gianluigi Donnarumma after he rejected their initial offer.

Mirabelli, appointed as sporting director by Milan's new Chinese owners, is delighted the 18-year-old will remain at San Siro."From the beginning, Donnarumma’s new contract was our ‘mission impossible’," he said.

“We inherited a player whose contract was expiring: the old management had failed, but it’s excellent that he renewed, as many said the chances were zero.

"With Bonucci, it all happened in a flash. We haven't quite realised ityet."Alongside Ramos, he is one of the strongest defenders in the world in terms of technique and character. Over the years, he has learned to win.

"He is a very important signing from all points of view. To tear him from Juve wasn't simple. I can't find the words to express the feeling."
(#8452)
Old
Wolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond repute

07-18-2017, 01:56 AM

Bale has 'no clue' over Ronaldo's Real Madrid future

Real Madrid star Gareth Bale says he has "no clue" if Cristiano Ronaldo will leave the club in the transfer window.

Speculation emerged last month that Ronaldo wants to move away from Spain, having reportedly been unhappy with the club's level of support in the wake of allegations of tax fraud.

The 32-year-old is said to have been pacified following talks with Madrid president Florentino Perez, but a refusal to speak publicly about his intentions has done little to dispel the rumours entirely.Bale, who has spent the last four years alongside Ronaldo at Santiago Bernabeu, admits that he is in the dark about his team-mate's plans.

"I haven't read anything," he told Marca. "I have no clue about what's going to happen. Look, yesterday I found out that [Romelu] Lukaku had signed for Manchester United... I honestly don't know."We won titles, we did well, we don't need to change anything."

When pressed on whether he expects Ronaldo to stay, he added: "Well, you'll have to ask him."One man who has been linked with a move to Madrid is Kylian Mbappe, with the Monaco striker's future still far from clear.

Bale concedes that he has watched little of the 18-year-old but would welcome his arrival if Madrid pushed ahead with a move.

"I haven't seen much of him, really," he said. "I don't watch a lot of football but I know that he's a good player and if he comes it's because he's had a great season and hopefully he can help the team."

Bale's involvement last term was curtailed by ankle and calf injuries, with the Wales international missing all of his side's last six Liga games and managing only 13 minutes of the Champions League final win over Juventus.

However, the 28-year-old says he worked hard on his fitness simply to be in the squad for the 4-1 win in Cardiff and now hopes to play a bigger role in 2017-18."Obviously during the holidays I haven't done a lot of intense stuff but I'm recovering well," he said.

"Last year, the pain made it difficult for me to stay fit. I've worked hard to recover and now I'm able to do pre-season."To be honest, six weeks before the final I worked hard to get fit, and to be on the bench was rewarding because I hadn't done that work to not be there at all.

"I worked hard, 12 hours a day, to be available for the final and to be able to enjoy those minutes was really rewarding. Lifting the cup in front of my friends and family was incredible.

"We go out to win everything, that's the plan, and we believe we can do it. I'm sure we'll also need a bit of luck."
(#8453)
Old

07-18-2017, 01:57 AM

Barcelona claim no offers for Neymar amid reports he wants to leave

Barcelona technical secretary Robert Fernandez does not expect Neymar to leave the club and insists that there are no offers on the table for the Brazilian.

Neymar signed a new five-year contract last June that includes a buy-out clause, which has risen from €200m to €222m and will reach €250m in 12 months' time.

The 25-year-old was linked with a move away from Camp Nou before his new deal effectively ended speculation over a possible transfer to either Manchester United or Paris Saint-Germain.

However, a report in Sport on Monday claimed the forward is unsettled in Catalonia and would consider leaving in the transfer window.Robert, though, does not expect the former Santos star to leave any time soon.

When asked if he could imagine Barca without Neymar, he told a news conference: "I don't think that's going to happen."He added: "It's not our intention to lose players, certainly not good players. We try to improve within the confines of what is possible."We've not had any offers for any players in our squad."Robert added that Barca would like to sign a midfielder who can play in three different roles across the centre of the pitch.

Ernesto Valverde's side have been rebuffed in their attempts to negotiate a deal for PSG's Marco Verratti but Robert made it clear they will not sign a player of anything less than the highest quality, despite their challenging transfer window so far.

"It's difficult because we have an amazing team. Whoever comes here has to be a big player," he said."A player who can play in all three positions would be amazing, because playing in that position means you're always fighting for game time so the more positions you can play in, the more opportunities you'll have."
(#8454)
Old

07-18-2017, 01:58 AM

Jardim expects Mbappe Monaco stay despite Madrid and PSG interest

Kylian Mbappe is staying "calm" amid intense transfer speculation over his future, says Monaco head coach Leonardo Jardim, who expects the teenager to stay at the Ligue 1 champions.

Mbappe has been linked with a world-record transfer away from Monaco, having scored 26 goals across all competitions last season as his side unseated Paris Saint-Germain from their Ligue 1 throne and also embarked on a run to the Champions League semi-finals.

Real Madrid and PSG are among the clubs reportedly keen to prise the 18-year-old away from Monaco, but Jardim believes he will not follow stars Bernardo Silva and Tiemoue Bakayoko out of the club, although Benjamin Mendy is expected to join Manchester City.

"Mbappe seems very calm, he is young and has great potential," Jardim said during Monaco's pre-season tour."He has only just joined up with the squad and so he needs to find his rhythm again, but I see he's doing well.

"I am counting on Mbappe as I am all of the players I have; I expect to have him here."The striker has already featured for Monaco in their pre-season campaign. He was given a 45 minute outing in their 4-2 win over Stoke City before playing for an hour as they drew 0-0 with PSV on Sunday.

While PSG and Madrid maintain their interest, Arsene Wenger appeared to concede defeat in Arsenal's pursuit of Mbappe on Saturday when he told reporters he expects the teenager to stay in Ligue 1 for another season.

"Maybe he had too much choice, so in the end people don't move," Wenger said.

Despite this summer's sales and the persistent uncertainty around Mbappe, Monaco have managed to commit Jardim and striker Radamel Falcao to new contracts that tie them to the club until 2020.
(#8455)
Old

07-18-2017, 01:58 AM

'It's all out in the open' – Spalletti hints at Perisic exit

Inter manager Luciano Spalletti has appeared to hint that Ivan Perisic's long-rumoured move to Manchester United is drawing closer.

The 28-year-old Croatian has been a main transfer target for the Red Devils this summer and after weeks of speculation, it appears he is nearing a move to Old Trafford. Following reports of a fee being agreed between Manchester United and Inter, Spalletti told Sportitalia: “Perisic? You [journalists] know everything, it’s all out in the open.”

Perisic was not named in Inter's squad for their friendly against Nurnberg on Saturday, and has posted cryptic messages on social media hinting at a transfer.

He has made a total of 79 appearances in all competitions for Inter since a 2015 move from Wolfsburg, scoring 20 goals and providing 16 assists from his wide attacking position.
(#8456)
Old

07-18-2017, 02:01 AM

Juventus reach agreement with Arsenal over Szczesny, De Sciglio to sign for €12m

Juventus have agreed a fee with Arsenal in the region of £10m for Wojciech Szczesny and the Polish stopper is set to complete his move in the next 48 hours, Goal understands.The Old Lady have also sealed a move for Milan right-back Mattia De Sciglio, who will join for £11m.

Szczesny, 27, spent the past two seasons on loan at Roma after losing his starting berth at Emirates Stadium and will travel to the United States with his new team-mates on Thursday for their pre-season tour.

The goalkeeper would have been playing second fiddle behind Petr Cech if he were to return to Arsenal and therefore set his sights on a transfer to Turin where he will be earning a cool £3.5m-a-year.

De Sciglio, meanwhile, will reunite with his former boss Massimiliano Allegri, who gave the Italy international his first taste of senior club football in 2011 with Milan.

Juve coach Allegri sees Szczesny as the long-term successor of Gianluigi Buffon, who is expected to hang up his gloves in 2018.

Szczesny's permanent exit paves the way for Emiliano Martinez to become Cech's deputy in 2017-18, with Arsenal ready to cash in on wantaway David Ospina, too.
The Colombian shot stopper is keen to leave the club in order to get regular first-team action elsewhere and an offer in the region of £5m would suffice to lure him away from the Gunners.

There was interest from Fenerbahce earlier in the summer, but a move to the Istanbul giants eventually fell through after the Turkish club refused to increase their £3m offer for the goalkeeper.
(#8457)
Old

07-18-2017, 09:37 AM

Man City in talks to sign Pepe Reina from Napoli

Manchester City are currently locked in talks with Serie A club Napoli over a move for Spanish goalkeeper Pepe Reina, Goal understands.

The transfer teams are currently haggling over a fee, with the Partenopei hoping to receive €5 million for the former Liverpool shot-stopper.Man City, however, are currently offering only €3m, though it is expected that both sides will come to an accord fairly quickly.

With 21-year-old Angus Gunn having been sent on loan to Norwich City, Pep Guardiola's side have been in the market for a third-choice goalkeeper all summer, but had expected to wait until later in the summer window to wrap up a deal.A swoop for 34-year-old Reina has quickly moved up the agenda, though, and progressive talks have taken place in recent days.

The Spain international is not expected to replace Claudio Bravo at the Etihad, but rather battle with the Chilean for a starting spot along with new boy Ederson.

It is understood that Bravo could yet leave City this summer but the chances of an exit are currently very slim, given that he has already rejected several offers earlier this year and is committed to seeing out his deal.
(#8458)
Old

07-18-2017, 09:38 AM

Neville: Rooney can end Everton's trophy drought

Former Everton captain Phil Neville believes Wayne Rooney could end the club's hunt for silverware.

After 13 trophy-laden years at Manchester United, Rooney returns to Everton, who have not won a trophy since the 1995 FA Cup.

But with United and England's all-time leading goalscorer Rooney back at Goodison Park and Everton investing heavily, titles could be on the horizon, according to Neville.

"They have been very proactive, they have not waited for Lukaku to leave, they have said, 'Let's get our players in first and take some of the pressure off'," he said.

"I remember when I was at Everton with David Moyes. We sold Joleon Lescott one summer and Mikel Arteta towards the end [of the transfer window] — when you sell those players it puts added pressure on and fans get a little angry.

"They have actually signed four or five players, the fans are happy. It softens the blow of [Romelu] Lukaku leaving with knowing full well there are one or two more to come.

"I think the signing of Rooney gels it all together for Everton. There is no way Wayne Rooney would go back to Everton if he didn't think they were going to win things, that is for sure."

While Everton sold Lukaku to United, manager Ronald Koeman has brought in Jordan Pickford, Michael Keane, Davy Klaassen and Sandro Ramirez.

Neville continued: "Everton have to look at Tottenham. Four or five years ago, Tottenham and Everton were on similar levels, Tottenham kicked on and Everton didn't but now I think they are well capable of doing a Tottenham — producing a young team with a brilliant manager in Ronald Koeman.

"Everton have bought quality and what is more exciting is the young players breaking through — couple that with Wayne Rooney and it should be good. Everton could be one of the teams to watch this year."
(#8459)
Old

07-18-2017, 09:39 AM

Barcelona post record revenues of €708million

Barcelona recorded record revenues of €708million during the 2016-17 financial year, according to their latest set of results.Club spokesman Josep Vives told a news conference that the return was €13m more than Barca's projected figure.

At the end of the 12-month period, Barcelona recorded a profit of €18m after tax, while debt has been reduced by €24.5m to €247m.The figures outstrip Barcelona's revenues of €679m for the previous year, with a four-year renewal of the club's sponsorship with Qatar Airways boosting the coffers.

Japanese internet retailer Rakuten began a four-year shirt sponsorship deal with Barca this month that will be worth €55million per season to the LaLiga giants.

Rivals Real Madrid reported revenues of €620m last October, but those figures did not include money brought in from player sales as Barcelona's do.
(#8460)
Old

07-18-2017, 09:40 AM

Totti confirms he will begin 'new adventure' as Roma director

Francesco Totti has revealed his eagerness to begin a "new adventure" as he confirmed he would stay at Roma as a director on Monday. The 40-year-old legend left the Giallorrossi at the end of the 2016-17 season after spending his entire playing career at the club.

Initially there was some uncertainty over which path he would take, with offers to continue on the field in Japan circulated alongside the chance to join the Roma backroom staff. Club loyalties won out eventually, however, as Totti expressed his delight at renewing his link with the Serie A side.

"The first part of my life as football player is finished, now a second part begins as director, and I am hoping to do well as on the pitch. Now begins a new phase and a new adventure." Totti told Roma TV.

"It will take time, step by step, to understand the role most suitable for me, and I will try to help all, from the youth team to the chairman. I don't know how long it will take."There are people who think about their new role outside the field while they play; until 28 May I thought only about the field.

"Now I have the opportunity to work with AS Roma, with the sports director Monchi, the president [James] Pallotta and the coach [Eusebio] Di Francesco. I am lucky to know this club so well, I just have to understand what I want to do, and find the right role.

"At the moment I want to be everything and anything, an important character for Roma. I think that my future will be beautiful, I will choose a perfect role for me. Di Francesco? I have a great relationship with him".