- I gave up writing when I was 10. Too dangerous. I've found my profession. I'm an exterminator. Somebody's stealing my roach powder. I ran out in the middle of a job. They ration it out like snakebite serum. It's the best job I ever had. If I run out again, I'm finished.···
"I am your case officer. You are my agent. I, in turn, report to your controller. Come, Mr. Lee. You don't have to play dumb with me. Well, now. As you might have expected. I have instructions for you from Control. It's about the little woman. Your wife is not really your wife. She is an agent of Interzone Incorporated. An organization based in Interzone a notorious free port on the North African coast. A haven for the mongrel scum of the Earth an engorged parasite on the underbelly of the West. You must kill her. It must be done soon this week. And it must be done real tasty"
- Could you do me a favor? I want you to type a few words into me words that I'll dictate to ya. Okay. Now, the first sentence is... "Homosexuality is the best all around cover an agent ever had." These are words to live by, Bill. I'm glad these words are going into your report. Our new management will be so pleased that you see our point of view.
- What point of view?
- Well, just that we appreciate that you might find the thought of engaging in, homosexual acts. morally and, possibly even physically repulsive and, we are encouraged that you are able to overcome these personal barriers to better serve the cause to which we are all so devoted.
- Surely you know better than to bring an enemy agent into your own home. You gave me no choice. You were giving her access to your innermost vulnerabilities forcing them on her, for God's sake! What's your assessment of the situation? Did Frost know that his machine was an Interzonal agent?
- He and his wife appear to have a close connection with the indigenous population here.
- His wife. Of course! The key is Joan Frost. You will seduce her, and you will discover the substance of her report and deliver it directly to me.
- Seduce her? But what about Kiki and the Interzone boys? My cover.
- It'll work beautifully, Bill. The opposition will be thrown into total confusion.
- You have to admit, it was a pretty tasty setup, Bill. Joan marries you as part of her agent's cover not realizing that you were the very enemy agent assigned to kill her. As elegant as it is brilliant.
- Wait a minute. You're saying that Joan was sent by Interzone, Incorporated to marry me? And it didn't matter that I didn't know anything about it?
- An unconscious agent is an effective agent, Bill. The situation does generate some ethical paradoxes at times. I'm the first to admit that.
- When you bugs first approached me one of your associates suggested that Joan was possibly not human. What did he mean by that? what was she?
- Well, Joan was a special case. Joan was an elite corps centipede.
- Where is she?
- Hans's old drug factory in the Medina. Fadela is your point of penetration into Interzone, Inc.
- Fadela. what do I do when I find her?
- You'll know what to do when the time comes. Just remember this all agents defect and all resisters sell out. That's the sad truth, Bill. And a writer lives the sad truth like anyone else. The only difference is he files a report on it. Leave me now before it's too late.
- I must be hallucinating.
- It's probably the first time you haven't been hallucinating in a long time.
- What are you talking about? Naturally, I've had a few odd moments. Everybody blacks out in Interzone. What are you cats doing here?
- We thought it was important for us to help you get your book together. I've sent sections of it to my publisher, and they're interested. All you gotta do is finish it, man.You've already done the hard part.
Directed by David Cronenberg (Shivers 1975, Rabid 1977, Scanners 1981, Videodrome 1983, The Dead Zone 1983, The Fly 1986, Dead Ringers 1988, eXistenZ 1999, Spider 2002, Eastern Promises 2007, A Dangerous Method 2011, Cosmopolis 2012)
- So is it true you killed a boar with your bare hands?
- Don't believe everything people say about me*. I had a knife.
- So are you here to kill someone?
- We have come to the conclusion that kidnapping is the only way to help Rosenberg keep his word.
- I'll give you a discount for taking him.
- Not him, his fiancée, Katherine.
- We, we don't kidnap women.
- Good rule. This is the king and his rules.
- It makes no difference.
- If you still believe that things could be changed for the better. I need your help. There is something you should know, but keep it for yourself. Her uncle is the king of France.
- Why are you running?
- You cannot betray Sigismund you don't know who he is.
- It's good enough for your fiancé.
- Sigismund does this on his own! By rescuing me, he'll force my fiancé to do his bidding for him. I can't live with that!
- God's will.
- Because you believe that kings are placed on the throne by God. Please tell me more about God's will.
- Tie her up.
- Your nephew was murdered because of you. Is that God's will? If you hadn't have done this, he'd still be alive!
- You're really going against your own king? Do you remember what we were taught?
- Father was wrong.···
- ···Why are you doing this?
- When I was boy, all I wanted to be was a king's knight. I trained in the woods, I trained hard. Then one day king's knights hanged Anna for killing a hawk. I tried to stop them, but. My father made me understand that what had happened was right because the king's law is God's law. The kings may be chosen by God. But they still make the mistakes of men.
Violence·Tyranny Intrigues Power···Honor·Justice·Freedom·Faith·Hope Lord, forgive us for what we're about to do.
- I am responsible for the safety of the people of this city. And their right to go safely about their business.
- Does that include the right to murder and mutilate?
- You fool! Jews would have been slaughtered in the streets if I had not had those words removed. Do you know the theory given greatest credence among the common people? That this is a blood ritual. Carried out by some Jew whose religious fervor. Sends him out in search of prostitutes to offer as a sacrifice to his god. If those words had been seen, not a Jew would have been safe! Their houses and their shops would be destroyed.
- Nonsense, Warren. The writing had nothing to do with the Jews you know that as well as I do. You did not remove that writing to protect Jews against anti semitic rage. The Jews or "Juwes" referred to are from your own secret society of the loyal order of Freemasons.
- We well, "benevolent society." We are no danger... This is not the kind of paltry, sordid episode. You're accustomed to meddling in, Holmes. And you do so at great risk to yourself. Good day.
- You are the head of a radical movement. Your career at Scotland yard is finished. You don't care a damn about what happens to Mary Kelly, or any of the other pathetic women.
- Well, perhaps that's true. Perhaps they're not important. This government's aristocratic contempt for the people and how they suffer. If you, Sherlock Holmes, can't see the corruption around you, then perhaps some people do have to die in order to expose it.
- You'd let Mary Kelly die.
- Yes, by god, I'll let her die. But if you find the killers, and it can be shown that my superiors in the government have concealed evidence, if you can expose their lies, their abuse of power, then perhaps we can bring this decadent monarchy to its knees. She trusted you, Mr. Holmes. She came out of hiding because she trusted you. So, if they got her, it's because she trusted god almighty Sherlock Holmes. They used you. We used you. You did exactly what we wanted you to do.
- ···They murdered anyone who might have known of the child. Thus was born the myth of Jack the Ripper. I have proof of evidence suppressed by you, sir Charles. Evidence which seemed to accuse a member of the sacred order to which you all belong. You are all Freemasons. And in discovering the involvement of a fellow Mason, you were sworn to protect him in his criminal intent.
- Then you accuse us!
- Of complicity in murder? No, Prime Minister. Your suggestion was enough to prompt these men to action. What was done was all done in your name.
- I shall not debate that with you. There are larger issues here than you can understand. Don't presume to judge us, Holmes. I know where my duty lies: In the protection of the monarchy.
- There is not now, nor has there ever been, a danger to the monarchy. That thought existed only in the minds of the three men in this room! Your intrigue simply served the disaffected radicals, whom you fear.
- Very well, Mr. Holmes. What shall I tell the Queen? You surely don't suggest that her majesty is in any way involved?
- I cannot easily believe that.
- You have my word!
- I would prefer some more reliable authority.
- In the circumstances, I shall ignore your offensive attitude.
- If I seem to be offensive, Prime Minister, you may take it I am offended! You offend me.
- Shall I resign? Would that satisfy you?
- Yes, resign. And if I had the means, I would compel you.
- You know what you risk, Mr. Holmes. The ruin of your own society. And the substitution of a radical, anarchist ideology.
- I care nothing about that. You're all the same to me. Freemasons and the radicals all of you equally to blame. God knows, if I could prove your complicity, I would not hesitate, but I was not a party to your secret councils. Only you know to what extent you are responsible. For the moment, however, as long as the child is safe, you have my word I shall keep silent. But in the event child is harmed in any way, I will make public everything I know.
The Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson are embroiled in the investigation surrounding the 1888 Whitechapel murders committed by "Jack the Ripper". Though the plot features a similar premise, it is somewhat different in tone and result to A Study in Terror 1965 (watch).
Premise of the plot behind the murders is influenced by the book Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution by Stephen Knight who presumed that the killings were part of a Masonic plot.
"You saw something too. Mom tried to tell me, but she couldn't speak. In less than two months, she was completely lost. She cut her wrists and painted all that shit. Dad tried to stop her, but she attacked him. He went into shock and doesn't want to talk. That thing wasn't Alzheimer's. She looked possessed. Dad is hiding something from us, that's why he wouldn't talk.···We're going to do a rite. It's going to show us what they've been hiding from us. It's a Peruvian man that cures with a psychotropic liquid, Ayahuasca that along with the Chacruna, which is the stuff that contains the hallucinogen. The shaman says it cures the diseases of the soul. I think it's like a journey to your subconscious. To what's suppressed in your memories. 'Ayahuasca' means 'rope of the dead'."(watch)
- Powerful men like your father came to this island to perform rites with the devil and they sacrificed the babies. You're cursed. You survived a satanic rite. It was the devil's touch what made you so rare. I knew you would come back. Natalia, it is time you accept your gift.
- My sister was right. Why did all of this happen?
- The devil brought you here, and nothing will stop him. Sooner or later, he will find you again. And the story will repeat once more.
- Why didn't he kill me like the others?
- To recover what he lost when you survived. A baby. Abel is a virgin too. And that is not a coincidence. He is also a victim. The same forces that trap you give you the key to escape. It is a universal law. Abel is your doom and your salvation, it is no coincidence that you are destined to fall in love. The devil murdered your sister, not Abel. You have the gift to see this. As soon as the devil appears, we need to catch him and finish the rite. The one that started with your christening. The rite of exorcism. The devil anticipated the ceremony and gave you a name. Our name is our identity, but it also subdues us if we lose it. That is why we need you to recover it. Abel has been possessed since he was born. The ayahuasca did not wake the demon. It woke the boy asleep in him. It made him recover his memory.
"You will feel me, my virgin. You will serve me like your mother did. I raped your sister every night and I devoured her soulless child. And I will do the same with yours"
- Of course we're doing wrong. It's a crime. She is an unlicensed pig!*
"I had a little contretemps with that new chiropodist. Why we need chiropodists, I don't know. Something wrong with their feet, people can come to me! the doctor. I see he's opening a surgery. You don't call a flyblown room where you cut toenails, a surgery! Women's feet, Good God, man! Taking the bread out of my mouth. You have to think of a way of getting him out. I don't like him! Jaunty toenail clipping little sod! Biking around!"
- Listen! I've had just about enough. If you want roast pork, we can have roast pork. We can have it next Sunday if you want. And the Sunday after that. And the Monday and the Tuesday. You can have pork till you're blue in the face. You could be fed up of pork. "Porc Royale"! I mean it. We could ... We can!
- How? How?
- Steal a pig!
- We spent a lot of money on that pig. A hundred and fifty people. It'll be in the papers, of course. They'll jump on it. "Leading lights in dinner fiasco." , "Civic Row Over the Paltry Fare" Of course, practical socialism. That's what it's going to be like now. What's yours is mine. Excuse me, while I help myself. I'd have them bastinadoed. I'd flay them alive. God! What a nasty, piss stained little country this is. It's like this new Health Service. Do you realise that any little poorly pillock is now going to be able to knock on my door and say: "I am ill. Treat me." I'm not surprised! I'm not surprised at all. We're finished. That's what's coming to the top: the scum. No class, no breeding, no morals. I give this country 5 years.
- I can put my hands on two turkeys in Bradford.
- Two? Two? We have got one hundred and fifty people coming, and Jesus isn't one of them! Two turkeys in Bradford. Five years of war and that's what it's come to: two turkeys in Bradford.
Set in Yorkshire in 1947, when post WW2 Britain was still experiencing strict meat rationing(watch).Local bigwigs are planning a feast to celebrate the upcoming wedding of Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip(watch).To get around food rationing laws, They have decided to illegally raise a pig for the feast. But the plans go awry when pig is stolen.
[Masafumi Kobayashi, a journalist who had been chronicling supernatural phenomenon since 1995. He gathered accounts of strange occurrences in his pursuit of horrifying and unsolvable mysteries. Once he'd begun using video in his research he was able to compile his research on to videotapes. In April 2004 Kobayashi finished his latest video documentary, "The Curse". But soon after that... At night on April 12, Kobayashi's house burned down. Later his wife, Keiko was found dead in the remains. But Kobayashi wasn't found. He was declared missing. Masafumi Kobayashi had mysteriously vanished. His video, "The Curse" reveals a truth too astounding for public to imagine. This video documentary is deemed too disturbing for public viewing]
- What's with the aluminum on the walls? Why are you covered with it?
- It protects me from the tingling. Because the ectoplasmic worms are near. These horrible worms they are everywhere. They eat people and they multiply. Pigeons! Watch out for the pigeons!
- I'm trying to find out about a strange word. The word is "Kagutaba".
- Kagutaba? Right next to the Shikamimachi town there used to be a village called Shimokage. It's now at the bottom of a dam. Before the village's demise the villagers had a strange custom. It was called the demon ritual. It was performed to pacify the demon. The demon was called "Kagutaba".
- Does that mean that "Kagutaba" is the name of a demon?
- Well, it's difficult to say. I think that it was just convenient for them to call the unknown entity a demon. This is a document that is over 200 years old. It says Kagutaba right here. The kanji characters for "disaster, tool and spirit." The 3 characters make up the word Kagutaba. A tool that's capable of causing disasters. That's what it means. A long time ago, in Shimokage village there was a group of sorcerers who migrated from the west. They developed a type of sorcery called Shimokage's Way. One of their spells was called the "Kagutaba method." The ritual performed to summon Kagutaba. They sacrificed the baby monkeys and offered them to the medium to eat. Just like the ancient spell of the Shimokage sorcery which used baby monkeys as sacrifices.···The ritual was never performed publicly. But the last ritual performed in 1978 was filmed by a film production contracted by Mr. Ishii, the priest.
- I would like to meet the priest.
- 7 years ago, immediately after giving me the film. Mr. Ishii died from an illness. So did his wife but their only daughter's still alive. She was the possessed woman in the film. I heard that she lives with her son in the Mikaishi community, where the Shimokage villagers moved to. The villagers still believe in sorcery. Now it's becoming a fading memory but they still place a sickle at the door to keep away evil spirits. I think the that ritual caused her to become possessed. She said that she'd heard god's voice. She said she had to obey his words. She became kind of strange after that. I heard that people thought it was the Kagutaba's curse.
- Andy, look, I'm not going to dwell on this but do you know that they sent us a telegram tonight? I mean they actually sent us a telegram telling us that you were killed. They actually said that my son was dead.
- I was.
[On the local scene tonight, Brooksville loses one of its most beloved citizens, stabbed to death in his office late last night or early this morning according to Brooksville Police, The slaying is Everett County's second in three days and the presence of small needle like puncture wounds in the arms of both victims have led police to theorize that the crimes were committed by the same person. Perhaps raising the ominous possibility of a drug bent crime spree]
- I want you to know, Doc, that I'm in perfect health. There's not a living soul in better health than I am. Don't have to worry about getting sick or old or tired or hungry or anything. Well, maybe one thing.
- You see, I'm the school teacher at Tiboonda. Well, I lost all my money.*
- Gambling. Yeah, I know. Why did you have to lie about it? That's no disgrace here.
- Well, in any case, I can't stay in your cabin, indefinitely, can I?
- It isn't mine. I've just lived here for five years. Sit down and eat your Kangaroo grub. You're gonna need it. We're going Kangaroo hunting.
- You've been here five years?
- Shall I satisfy your curiosity? I'm a doctor of medicine. And a tramp by temperament. I'm also an alcoholic. My disease prevented me from practising in Sydney, but out here it's scarcely noticeable. Certainly doesn't stop people from coming to see me. I charge no fees because I'm not interested in money. Anyway, I'm unreliable. But I'm accepted socially because I'm an educated man of character. I get my food from my friends. My requirements in beer. Which, with some measure of self control, is the only alcohol I allow myself.
- And you get along without money altogether?
- It's possible to live forever in the Yabba without money. As you probably noticed, some of the natives are very hospitable. Take Janette for instance. Now there's a very interesting biological case. If she were a man, she'd be in jail for rape. She likes sex. She likes to experiment and she likes variety. We thought about getting married once, but neither of us could live with one person for very long. Still, she visits me from time to time. When I want her. And when she gets bored with others. Sex is just like eating. It's a thing you do because you have to. Not 'cause you want to, but most people are afraid of it. People think Janette's a slut. The women who'd like to act like her and the men she has given a tumble to. Janette and I are alike. We break the rules. Beer?
- I thought you were pulling out of the Yabba on Saturday. What went wrong?···Did you have a good holiday?
- The best.
Follows a young schoolteacher who descends into personal moral degradation after finding himself marooned in middle of the Outback (watch) .
Directed by Ted Kotcheff (First Blood 1982, Uncommon Valor 1983, The Shooter 1995)
"A man got on the train. He was crazy and sick. He killed my friend. I don't even know where I am. Please, may I use your phone to make a call? What's going on? What's wrong with you? Say something! Why are you staring at me like that?"
- Everyone here went crazy one night. They can't help what they've become. It's a plague.
- Then why do they have it and we don't?
- Did you notice that the men have more sores than the women? And that crazy woman in the village had no sores at all.
- That's true. Why aren't we affected? Are you from around here?
- No, we were working at the construction site in the village. When it all happened, we took a car and some dynamite and got out of there. I'd love a good beer right now.
- Beer? In a region known for its wine?
- Wine doesn't do anything for me. Maybe a glass on special occasions like the grape harvest. I haven't even had any this year.
- Say... last Sunday was the grape harvest festival, right? You and I drank nothing but beer, and we're fine. Everyone else in the area is crazy and diseased and it all happened just after the grape harvest festival. If the wine is the culprit, then the whole vineyard's infected too.
"Don't come any closer. Stay back. I'm sick. I'm disfigured. I could go crazy any minute. I have to kill myself while I'm still sane! I'm losing my mind! It's eating me alive!"
original title·····Les Raisins de la Mort
- It could be from a mother ship, in free orbit, just above the Earth's atmosphere.
- But, where's this mother ship from?
- From the Earth's point of view, Which planet is nearest to us in its particular orbit?
- Right. Only about thirty million miles away. And here we are, moving around the sun, going more than a hundred thousand miles an hour. And if we ever left our orbit, we could reach Mars within a few days. If Mars ever left their orbit, they could reach Earth.
- But, a hundred thousand miles an hour, Wouldn't the friction burn them up?
- In space there's no atmosphere, so no friction. We do know this, there isn't enough oxygen on Mars, and the surface is too cold to support human life as we know it. There is a theory, consequently, that their cities are underground, near some central core of heat. Or that they live in spaceships.
- You don't believe that? But it can't be proved.
- It can't be disproved, either. Could you disprove, for example, that the Martians have bred a race of synthetic humans to save themselves from extinction? The theory calls them "mutants".
- You all briefed on what's been happening?
- Yes, sir, but...
- No buts, major, it's all true.
- What in the name of time is that?
- This place is crawling with them big apes. Set up demolition charges, enough to blow this thing right back to Mars.
"It's been 13 days since we moved here from the city and still, nothing has happened. My father bought this lodge. Even when he knew nothing about the lodging business. At first, everyone worked hard with high hopes. But day by day our hopes turned into shattered dreams. And that was when everyone became more and more visibly hysterical"
- Go and get some bags and a shovel from the warehouse. We'll bury him in the woods.
- What? But we've got nothing to do with his death.
- Who's gonna think of suicide looking at this corpse? No will and no wallet. Even if it was a suicide, who'd want to stay here after such a horrible death. Do you want our lodge closed down?
- I'll be damned! What did we do to deserve this?
- What are you all staring at? Hurry up and get the bags!
- This is really getting out of control.
- Digging is becoming a job now. Now everyone's a pro. It took us several hours to bury the first one. But today, only took 30 minutes to dig a hole.
original title·····조용한 가족 (Choyonghan kajok)
"I'm not taking any shit from rat bastards like you. You treat us like garbage. Like we're nothing. Like we're not even here. You can't turn a man into nothing. You try, you're the one that's gonna pay"
- Henry, your face you look...
- Different? I am. No more Mr. Nice Guy.···I've been working on my image.
- I'm truly sorry about what happened.
- You sound guilty. What have you got to feel guilty about?
- Because I was part of it. I knew. Henry, please, you're scaring me.
- We get so used to the lies and deceit. It makes you do things that you don't want to do.
- ···I can understand what you did. I can't forgive it, and I can't forget it. But I can understand it. I know what it's like to feel so betrayed.
- What you don't understand is that if you let them betray you, you're betraying yourself. I've done it my whole life.
- You're crazy, Henry. You've gone fucking crazy.
- Not crazy. No, gone. All gone. There's nothing left. Nothing!
- God, is that blood?
- Yeah, and you know what? I'm getting a taste for it.
- ···Henry, please, I'm begging you.
- Really? Nobody ever begged me before. It feels kind of good to be begged.
- Police will catch you.
- They won't know me. I'm invisible... I've always been invisible.
Written and directed by George A. Romero (Season of the Witch 1972, The Crazies 1973, Martin 1976, Two Evil Eyes 1990, The Dark Half 1993, Night of the Living Dead film franchise 1968-2009)
- Don't worry about the movie. I'll handle that matter. I'm not worried about that. But don't be too hasty. You said you wanted to have enough time to get to know her.
- Why are you so negative about her? What's wrong with her? You said I could find my ideal woman from an audition.
- I only think that life isn't so easy. She's beautiful, classy and obedient. Such a woman not having any boyfriends is unthinkable. I checked out her references, but none are accessible. The bar she said she was working at is also unknown. We can't reach anybody who knows her.
"You can't move anymore. I've paralyzed your body, but your nerves will still have feeling. That way your skin gets sensitive and you can enjoy the pain.You only realize who you are by going through pain and suffering. Only when you feel pain can you know the shape of your heart. You only love me, right? I've only got you... Sorry, I'm pretty excited. It's a hassle living alone. I have nobody to talk to. You are the first one who is really warmhearted and tries to accept me and understand who I really am"
original title·····オーディション (Ōdishon)
"Armed hi-jacking of a vehicle, hostage taking. Any other cop would already be jailed. But you're not any other cop. So we're keeping this confidential. We'll indemnify the passengers and driver. You won't be charged. No plaintiffs, no charges: No sanctions. No rap for us, and you save your ass. But you won't escape the decision taken by the brass in this case: You're out of the CID and transferred to night duty, on the complaints desk. You'll surrender your weapon, and won't retrieve it until further notice. We were lenient in view of your fine record, and the tragedy you endured. But nothing further will be tolerated. Any relapse and you're out. Savvy? Mr Schneider, go home. Take a shower: You stink of piss and booze"
- Seems our guy is at it again. What was the doc's report?
- Same as the others: Raped, sodomized, beaten to death, and strangled. No break in. Victims always seem to let him in. No one lets anyone in around here, unless they know them. Going to the autopsy tomorrow?
- I'm going nowhere, I'm off the case. I fucked up. I'll keep at it "on my end".
- What's "your end"?
- I'm on night desk now. As of tomorrow. I've found the link. All the victims had a pet. That's our clue.
- There's millions of pets, and as many owners. Isn't it pure chance?
- No. That's how the fucker gets in. The animals know him.
- A dead cop, a son of a cop, shot by another cop, who's hardly a cop anymore. When you dive into shit, you splash everyone! And for zero results. Unauthorized arrests at gunpoint, acts incompatible with your present status. The Press and the Law will have a heyday! In short, we're soaked before it rains. Becker's dad is about to be named deputy head of the national Security Branch. I don't think he, or his superiors, want it known that his runt raped and killed 5 women, and was shot by cops arresting him. It's a simple deal, Schneider: You surrender your badge, and leave with 70% of your salary. We'll pin the screw-up on George Mateo, and find new motives for the arrest. You agree to clam up on this tragedy.
- What about the families of the victims?
- Right now, to hell with them.
- Son of a cop or not, he committed vile murders, in the vilest of manners. Our job is putting a name and a face on such acts.
- Becker died before he could confess. We'll never know if he was the killer. The DNA evidence has unfortunately gone astray. We have no more proof. The dead can't bother anyone, Capt. That's how it is. You have an hour to decide. If you opt for revealing the truth, we have all we need to put you behind bars.
original title·····MR 73
- There were probably four of them. This is Frans Meijer, a friend of Jan's. We don't know much about him. Cor van Hout. He's got racehorses and some property in Amsterdam. He's a friend of the other two, and he's married to Rem Humbrechts' sister. He's the youngest.
- He's the one. I want you to find this one for me. He tried to break me. He turned the ventilation on and off to torment me. He knew it drove me mad. He hates me.
- And we've discovered something about Rem Humbrechts' father. It turns out he worked for you for 20 years. The last couple of years, he worked as a sales rep until he was fired for alcoholism. He even took your firm to court, but he lost the case. He claimed he had to join in the drinking at the pubs he visited because the firm expected him to.
- Keep me informed. They locked me up for three weeks in a kind of rabbit hutch. Without any heating. I had to relieve myself on a dirty little camping toilet and paid 35 million for the experience. I want to know everything, their every move, who they're phoning, when they're going to the toilet. They mustn't have a moment's peace, never again.
"You're scared, aren't you? You're scared of me. Why? After all, I'm just a bum, a dope from the wrong side of Amsterdam. Eight years, ten at the most, and I'll be out again. Who knows, there may be a couple of millions waiting for me. And you? You'll have to watch your back for the rest of your life"
original title·····De Heineken Ontvoering