Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Log in
Register
Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Menu
Install the app
Install
Forums
New posts
All threads
Latest threads
New posts
Trending threads
Trending
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New ads
New profile posts
Latest activity
Free Ads
Latest reviews
Search ads
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Contact us
Latest ads
Google Pixel 9 Pro
vgp
Updated:
Yesterday at 5:57 PM
Ad icon
Jobreceive.com for sale
Blogerwiki
Updated:
Tuesday at 8:55 PM
Post Your Vehicle for Sale — FREE! - https://libro.lk
Kalu_Puth
Updated:
Tuesday at 7:38 PM
ඔයාගෙ Assignment හෝ Thesis එක හරියට හදාගමු
ErMurazor
Updated:
Saturday at 10:52 PM
Ad icon
BlackWall V2ray servers
hu KANNA
Updated:
Sep 23, 2026
Electronics
Vehicles
Property
Search
Reply to thread
Forums
General
Religious
ඉස්ලාම්-Cosmology1
Get the App
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Message
<blockquote data-quote="anamnlmslmn" data-source="post: 14624093" data-attributes="member: 453369"><p><span style="font-size: 15px"></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px">I've read that. His explanation is a bit skewed and he is alone with that view. He has put same verse from 10 different translations. Nearly all of them say that the heavens are being made VAST. Some with different words but similar meaning. </span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px"></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px">He says "I should first note that most translations do not suggest a link between this verse and the concept of expanding universe:" He puts the renowned translations of Yousuf Ali and Pickthall in that group. But they say that heaven is being made VAST. </span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px"></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px">Pickthall - We have built the heaven with might, and We it is Who make the vast extent (thereof).</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px"></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px">Yusuf Ali - With power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for it is We Who create the vastness of space.</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px"></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px">I don't know who are the others. But they also have a closer meaning.</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px"></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px"></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px">I've explained about the grammar of the arabic word in the original post. It being plural present participle is very clear. The meaning of the word "moosi'oon" is very clear. That "We are the expanders/making vast". What he says is that, he does not reject that meaning. He gives an alternative meaning of "encompassing".</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px"></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px">He also says...</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px">"The active participle “mūsi‘” is derived from “si‘a.” The latter may mean “expanse.” For instance, “wāsi‘,” which is another active participle of “si’a,” is used 5 times to mean “vast.” This is the case when it is applied to describe God’s “land” (4.97, 29.56, 39.10) “mercy” (6.147), and “forgiveness” (53.32) as being “vast”. But in its remaining 8 occurrences, the term “wāsi‘” has the broader meaning of “accommodating” or “encompassing.” In these verses, “wāsi‘” is used to describe God Himself, i.e. it is is one of the Beautiful Names of God. I will revisit this particular use of “wāsi‘” later."</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px"></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px">Therefore, he also does not reject that meaning.</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px"></span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px">What he tries to say is that, he gives an alternative meaning of "Encompasses". Well, it's not contradictory to the previous meaning, because to encompass/to accommodate something, there should be vastness in whatever property is being talked about. But, at the end he almost rejected the earlier meaning. I can't understand why.</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px"></span></p><p> <span style="font-size: 15px">If what he says is correct, then most of the scholars who did the translations all these years are wrong, only he is right! Not possible I suppose. When I searched about him, it appears that he was a christian later embraced islam and interested in quran. I don't think his idea would be acceptable against other accepted scholarly translators.</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 15px"></span></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="anamnlmslmn, post: 14624093, member: 453369"] [SIZE="4"] I've read that. His explanation is a bit skewed and he is alone with that view. He has put same verse from 10 different translations. Nearly all of them say that the heavens are being made VAST. Some with different words but similar meaning. He says "I should first note that most translations do not suggest a link between this verse and the concept of expanding universe:" He puts the renowned translations of Yousuf Ali and Pickthall in that group. But they say that heaven is being made VAST. Pickthall - We have built the heaven with might, and We it is Who make the vast extent (thereof). Yusuf Ali - With power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for it is We Who create the vastness of space. I don't know who are the others. But they also have a closer meaning. I've explained about the grammar of the arabic word in the original post. It being plural present participle is very clear. The meaning of the word "moosi'oon" is very clear. That "We are the expanders/making vast". What he says is that, he does not reject that meaning. He gives an alternative meaning of "encompassing". He also says... "The active participle “mūsi‘” is derived from “si‘a.” The latter may mean “expanse.” For instance, “wāsi‘,” which is another active participle of “si’a,” is used 5 times to mean “vast.” This is the case when it is applied to describe God’s “land” (4.97, 29.56, 39.10) “mercy” (6.147), and “forgiveness” (53.32) as being “vast”. But in its remaining 8 occurrences, the term “wāsi‘” has the broader meaning of “accommodating” or “encompassing.” In these verses, “wāsi‘” is used to describe God Himself, i.e. it is is one of the Beautiful Names of God. I will revisit this particular use of “wāsi‘” later." Therefore, he also does not reject that meaning. What he tries to say is that, he gives an alternative meaning of "Encompasses". Well, it's not contradictory to the previous meaning, because to encompass/to accommodate something, there should be vastness in whatever property is being talked about. But, at the end he almost rejected the earlier meaning. I can't understand why. If what he says is correct, then most of the scholars who did the translations all these years are wrong, only he is right! Not possible I suppose. When I searched about him, it appears that he was a christian later embraced islam and interested in quran. I don't think his idea would be acceptable against other accepted scholarly translators. [/SIZE] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Hath warak paha keeyada? (hatha wadikireema paha)
Post reply
Top
Bottom