Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Log in
Register
Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Menu
Install the app
Install
Forums
New posts
All threads
Latest threads
New posts
Trending threads
Trending
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New ads
New profile posts
Latest activity
Free Ads
Latest reviews
Search ads
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Contact us
Latest ads
Google Pixel 9 Pro
vgp
Updated:
Thursday at 5:57 PM
Ad icon
Jobreceive.com for sale
Blogerwiki
Updated:
Tuesday at 8:55 PM
Post Your Vehicle for Sale — FREE! - https://libro.lk
Kalu_Puth
Updated:
Tuesday at 7:38 PM
ඔයාගෙ Assignment හෝ Thesis එක හරියට හදාගමු
ErMurazor
Updated:
Sep 26, 2026
Ad icon
BlackWall V2ray servers
hu KANNA
Updated:
Sep 23, 2026
Electronics
Vehicles
Property
Search
Reply to thread
Forums
General
Religious
කාලී අම්මට
Get the App
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Message
<blockquote data-quote="humanoid" data-source="post: 8168092" data-attributes="member: 301119"><p><strong>Kali</strong> (<a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Sanskrit_language" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Sanskrit</span></a>: काली, <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Bengali_language" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Bengali</span></a>: কালী, both Kālī), also known as <strong>Kalika</strong> (<a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Bengali_language" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Bengali</span></a>: কালিকা, Kālikā), is the <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Hinduism" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Hindu</span></a> <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Goddess" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">goddess</span></a> associated with eternal energy. The name Kali comes from Kāla which means black, time, death, lord of death, <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Shiva" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Shiva</span></a>. Kali means "the black one". Since Shiva is called Kāla - the eternal time, Kālī, his consort, also means "the Time" or "Death" (as in time has come). Hence, Kali is considered the goddess of time and change. Although sometimes presented as dark and violent, her earliest incarnation as a figure of annihilation still has some influence. Various <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Shakta" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Shakta</span></a> Hindu cosmologies, as well as Shakta <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Tantra" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Tantric</span></a> beliefs, worship her as the ultimate reality or <em><a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Brahman" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Brahman</span></a></em>. She is also revered as <strong>Bhavatarini</strong> (literally "redeemer of the universe"). Comparatively recent devotional movements largely conceive Kali as a benevolent <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Mother_goddess" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">mother goddess</span></a>.</p><p>Kali is represented as the consort of Lord <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Shiva" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Shiva</span></a>, on whose body she is often seen standing. She is associated with many other Hindu goddesses like <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Durga" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Durga</span></a>, <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Bhadrakali" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Bhadrakali</span></a>, <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Dakshayani" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Sati</span></a>, <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Rudrani" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Rudrani</span></a>, <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Parvati" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Parvati</span></a> and <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Chamunda" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Chamunda</span></a>. She is the foremost among the <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Mahavidya" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Dasa Mahavidyas</span></a>, ten fierce Tantric goddesses.<a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/forum/#cite_note-0" target="_blank"><span style="font-size: 9px"><span style="color: #0645ad">[1]</span></span></a></p><p><em>Kālī</em> is the feminine of <em>kāla</em> ("black, dark coloured").<a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/forum/#cite_note-1" target="_blank"><span style="font-size: 9px"><span style="color: #0645ad">[2]</span></span></a> Kāla primarily means "black," but also means "time." Kālī means "the black one" and also "time" or "beyond time." Kali is strongly associated with <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Shiva" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Shiva</span></a>, and <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Shaivism" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Shaivas</span></a> derive her feminine name from the masculine Kāla (an epithet of Shiva). The early Sanskrit dictionary, the Shabdakalpadrum, states: कालः शिवः । तस्य पत्नीति - काली । kālaḥ śivaḥ । tasya patnīti kālī - "Shiva is Kala, thus his wife is Kali."</p><p>Other names include <em>Kālarātri</em> ("black night"), as described above, and <em>Kālikā</em> ("relating to time"). Coburn notes that the name Kālī can be used as a proper name, or as a description of color.<a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/forum/#cite_note-2" target="_blank"><span style="font-size: 9px"><span style="color: #0645ad">[3]</span></span></a></p><p>Kali's association with blackness stands in contrast to her consort, <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Shiva" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Shiva</span></a>, whose body is covered by the white ashes of the cremation ground (Sanskrit: <em>śmaśāna</em>) in which he meditates, and with which Kali is also associated, as <em>śmaśāna-kālī</em>.</p><p><em>Kālī</em> is frequently confused with the word <em>kali</em>, as in <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Kali_Yuga" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Kali Yuga</span></a> or the demon <a href="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Kali_(Demon)" target="_blank"><span style="color: #0645ad">Kali</span></a>. However, the words <em>Kālī</em> ("black, time") and <em>kali</em> ("weak, crude, inarticulate") are etymologically unrelated, and the goddess <em>Kālī</em> is not associated with Kali Yuga in Hinduism.</p><p><strong>Origins</strong></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="humanoid, post: 8168092, member: 301119"] [B]Kali[/B] ([URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Sanskrit_language"][COLOR=#0645ad]Sanskrit[/COLOR][/URL]: काली, [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Bengali_language"][COLOR=#0645ad]Bengali[/COLOR][/URL]: কালী, both Kālī), also known as [B]Kalika[/B] ([URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Bengali_language"][COLOR=#0645ad]Bengali[/COLOR][/URL]: কালিকা, Kālikā), is the [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Hinduism"][COLOR=#0645ad]Hindu[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Goddess"][COLOR=#0645ad]goddess[/COLOR][/URL] associated with eternal energy. The name Kali comes from Kāla which means black, time, death, lord of death, [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Shiva"][COLOR=#0645ad]Shiva[/COLOR][/URL]. Kali means "the black one". Since Shiva is called Kāla - the eternal time, Kālī, his consort, also means "the Time" or "Death" (as in time has come). Hence, Kali is considered the goddess of time and change. Although sometimes presented as dark and violent, her earliest incarnation as a figure of annihilation still has some influence. Various [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Shakta"][COLOR=#0645ad]Shakta[/COLOR][/URL] Hindu cosmologies, as well as Shakta [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Tantra"][COLOR=#0645ad]Tantric[/COLOR][/URL] beliefs, worship her as the ultimate reality or [I][URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Brahman"][COLOR=#0645ad]Brahman[/COLOR][/URL][/I]. She is also revered as [B]Bhavatarini[/B] (literally "redeemer of the universe"). Comparatively recent devotional movements largely conceive Kali as a benevolent [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Mother_goddess"][COLOR=#0645ad]mother goddess[/COLOR][/URL]. Kali is represented as the consort of Lord [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Shiva"][COLOR=#0645ad]Shiva[/COLOR][/URL], on whose body she is often seen standing. She is associated with many other Hindu goddesses like [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Durga"][COLOR=#0645ad]Durga[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Bhadrakali"][COLOR=#0645ad]Bhadrakali[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Dakshayani"][COLOR=#0645ad]Sati[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Rudrani"][COLOR=#0645ad]Rudrani[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Parvati"][COLOR=#0645ad]Parvati[/COLOR][/URL] and [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Chamunda"][COLOR=#0645ad]Chamunda[/COLOR][/URL]. She is the foremost among the [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Mahavidya"][COLOR=#0645ad]Dasa Mahavidyas[/COLOR][/URL], ten fierce Tantric goddesses.[URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/forum/#cite_note-0"][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0645ad][1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] [I]Kālī[/I] is the feminine of [I]kāla[/I] ("black, dark coloured").[URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/forum/#cite_note-1"][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0645ad][2][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] Kāla primarily means "black," but also means "time." Kālī means "the black one" and also "time" or "beyond time." Kali is strongly associated with [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Shiva"][COLOR=#0645ad]Shiva[/COLOR][/URL], and [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Shaivism"][COLOR=#0645ad]Shaivas[/COLOR][/URL] derive her feminine name from the masculine Kāla (an epithet of Shiva). The early Sanskrit dictionary, the Shabdakalpadrum, states: कालः शिवः । तस्य पत्नीति - काली । kālaḥ śivaḥ । tasya patnīti kālī - "Shiva is Kala, thus his wife is Kali." Other names include [I]Kālarātri[/I] ("black night"), as described above, and [I]Kālikā[/I] ("relating to time"). Coburn notes that the name Kālī can be used as a proper name, or as a description of color.[URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/forum/#cite_note-2"][SIZE=1][COLOR=#0645ad][3][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] Kali's association with blackness stands in contrast to her consort, [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Shiva"][COLOR=#0645ad]Shiva[/COLOR][/URL], whose body is covered by the white ashes of the cremation ground (Sanskrit: [I]śmaśāna[/I]) in which he meditates, and with which Kali is also associated, as [I]śmaśāna-kālī[/I]. [I]Kālī[/I] is frequently confused with the word [I]kali[/I], as in [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Kali_Yuga"][COLOR=#0645ad]Kali Yuga[/COLOR][/URL] or the demon [URL="http://www.elakiri.lk/wiki/Kali_(Demon)"][COLOR=#0645ad]Kali[/COLOR][/URL]. However, the words [I]Kālī[/I] ("black, time") and [I]kali[/I] ("weak, crude, inarticulate") are etymologically unrelated, and the goddess [I]Kālī[/I] is not associated with Kali Yuga in Hinduism. [B]Origins[/B] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Winadiyakata thappara keeyak tibeda?
Post reply
Top
Bottom