Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Log in
Register
Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Menu
Install the app
Install
Forums
New posts
All threads
Latest threads
New posts
Trending threads
Trending
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New ads
New profile posts
Latest activity
Free Ads
Latest reviews
Search ads
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Contact us
Latest ads
Google Pixel 9 Pro
vgp
Updated:
Yesterday at 5:57 PM
Ad icon
Jobreceive.com for sale
Blogerwiki
Updated:
Tuesday at 8:55 PM
Post Your Vehicle for Sale — FREE! - https://libro.lk
Kalu_Puth
Updated:
Tuesday at 7:38 PM
ඔයාගෙ Assignment හෝ Thesis එක හරියට හදාගමු
ErMurazor
Updated:
Saturday at 10:52 PM
Ad icon
BlackWall V2ray servers
hu KANNA
Updated:
Sep 23, 2026
Electronics
Vehicles
Property
Search
Reply to thread
Forums
General
Sports
෴||Pakistan tour of Sri Lanka 2014 Official Thread||෴|Aug 6- Aug 30|2Test -3ODI|
Get the App
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Dinushasankalpa" data-source="post: 17111123" data-attributes="member: 169735"><p>Sri Lanka's star all-rounder Thisara Perera has confirmed that he was approached by New Zealand to play for their national cricket team. </p><p> Perera was approached by New Zealand when he was pulled out of national squad citing poor performance. Although he was included in the Sri Lankan A squad, Perera distanced himself from the team saying he was under mental stress. </p><p> </p><p> "I was under stress. It is true that I was approached by New Zealand. They offered me citizenship and said I would be able to play for their national cricket team. I was also willing to accept the invitation. But later I realized I should give priority to my own country - Sri Lanka" Perera said in an up close and personal interview with weekend Lakbima yesterday. </p><p> </p><p> He had also told the newspaper that President Mahinda Rajapaksa intervened in the matter and promised to mete out justice to him. </p><p> </p><p> "The President told me not to make hasty decisions. He asked me to remain patient. Finally I managed to get back into the national team," Perera said. </p><p> </p><p> Asian Mirror exclusively reported two weeks ago that Perera was considered for selection after President Mahinda Rajapaksa intervened in the matter. He was pulled out of the cricket team when he fell out with Sanath Jayasuriya, Chief Selector of the National cricket team, when the latter barred him from playing for T20 league matches.</p><p> </p><p> Perera, who re-joined the national cricket team after a hiatus of a few months, ended up being the man of the series in the recent ODI series between Sri Lanka and Pakistan.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Dinushasankalpa, post: 17111123, member: 169735"] Sri Lanka's star all-rounder Thisara Perera has confirmed that he was approached by New Zealand to play for their national cricket team. Perera was approached by New Zealand when he was pulled out of national squad citing poor performance. Although he was included in the Sri Lankan A squad, Perera distanced himself from the team saying he was under mental stress. "I was under stress. It is true that I was approached by New Zealand. They offered me citizenship and said I would be able to play for their national cricket team. I was also willing to accept the invitation. But later I realized I should give priority to my own country - Sri Lanka" Perera said in an up close and personal interview with weekend Lakbima yesterday. He had also told the newspaper that President Mahinda Rajapaksa intervened in the matter and promised to mete out justice to him. "The President told me not to make hasty decisions. He asked me to remain patient. Finally I managed to get back into the national team," Perera said. Asian Mirror exclusively reported two weeks ago that Perera was considered for selection after President Mahinda Rajapaksa intervened in the matter. He was pulled out of the cricket team when he fell out with Sanath Jayasuriya, Chief Selector of the National cricket team, when the latter barred him from playing for T20 league matches. Perera, who re-joined the national cricket team after a hiatus of a few months, ended up being the man of the series in the recent ODI series between Sri Lanka and Pakistan. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Winadiyakata thappara keeyak tibeda?
Post reply
Top
Bottom