Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Log in
Register
Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Menu
Install the app
Install
Forums
New posts
All threads
Latest threads
New posts
Trending threads
Trending
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New ads
New profile posts
Latest activity
Free Ads
Latest reviews
Search ads
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Contact us
Latest ads
Ad icon
Jobreceive.com for sale
Blogerwiki
Updated:
Tuesday at 8:55 PM
Post Your Vehicle for Sale — FREE! - https://libro.lk
Kalu_Puth
Updated:
Tuesday at 7:38 PM
ඔයාගෙ Assignment හෝ Thesis එක හරියට හදාගමු
ErMurazor
Updated:
Saturday at 10:52 PM
Ad icon
BlackWall V2ray servers
hu KANNA
Updated:
Sep 23, 2026
Peppa Pig Family Plush Toy Set – 5 Characters
anil1961
Updated:
Sep 19, 2026
Electronics
Vehicles
Property
Search
Reply to thread
Forums
General
ElaKiri Talk!
⚾⚾⚾ ||India Tour of Sri Lanka 2015 || ⚾⚾⚾ |August 12 - September 01| 3-Tests|
Get the App
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Message
<blockquote data-quote="SagaxConatusV" data-source="post: 18867839" data-attributes="member: 515237"><p style="text-align: center"><strong><span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'"><span style="font-size: 15px"><a href="http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-india-2015/content/story/913159.html" target="_blank">Umpires ask <em>papare</em> band to stop playing</a></span></span></strong></p> <p style="text-align: center"></p><p></p><p><strong><span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'"><span style="font-size: 12px">Umpires asked a <em>papare</em> (brass) band at the P Sara Oval to stop playing during overs, for the second Colombo Test match in a row. The band set up in the "Sanga Fan Zone" were also asked to lower their volume, but continued to play during the match. </span></span></strong></p><p></p><p><strong><span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'"><span style="font-size: 12px">On Sunday, the fourth umpire was seen directing a <em>papare</em> band in the stand near the tennis court to first lower their volume, then stop playing altogether. The band then took to playing only during the gaps between overs, and in the drinks breaks. </span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'"><span style="font-size: 12px"> Umpires had also directed the <em>papare</em> band to stop playing on the fourth day during Pakistan's Test at the P Sara in June<em>.</em> On that occasion, Misbah-ul-Haq was seen complaining to the umpire about the music coming from the same stand. The on-field umpire immediately gestured to the band to 'kill the noise'. </span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'"><span style="font-size: 12px"></span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'"><span style="font-size: 12px"> None of the India players seem to have had any issue with the music during this series, however, and the team management confirmed that they had made no complaint. The ICC has not officially stated why the band was asked to stop on Sunday. The most likely explanation is that the umpires have requested a quieter atmosphere, in order to better hear the action, and discern nicks and edges. <em>At least four wrong caught-behind or bat-pad decisions had been given in Galle, when no music had been playing</em>. </span></span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'"><span style="font-size: 12px"></span></span></strong></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="SagaxConatusV, post: 18867839, member: 515237"] [CENTER][B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=4][URL="http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v-india-2015/content/story/913159.html"]Umpires ask [I]papare[/I] band to stop playing[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [/CENTER] [B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=3]Umpires asked a [I]papare[/I] (brass) band at the P Sara Oval to stop playing during overs, for the second Colombo Test match in a row. The band set up in the "Sanga Fan Zone" were also asked to lower their volume, but continued to play during the match. [/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=3]On Sunday, the fourth umpire was seen directing a [I]papare[/I] band in the stand near the tennis court to first lower their volume, then stop playing altogether. The band then took to playing only during the gaps between overs, and in the drinks breaks. [/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=3] Umpires had also directed the [I]papare[/I] band to stop playing on the fourth day during Pakistan's Test at the P Sara in June[I].[/I] On that occasion, Misbah-ul-Haq was seen complaining to the umpire about the music coming from the same stand. The on-field umpire immediately gestured to the band to 'kill the noise'. [/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=3] None of the India players seem to have had any issue with the music during this series, however, and the team management confirmed that they had made no complaint. The ICC has not officially stated why the band was asked to stop on Sunday. The most likely explanation is that the umpires have requested a quieter atmosphere, in order to better hear the action, and discern nicks and edges. [I]At least four wrong caught-behind or bat-pad decisions had been given in Galle, when no music had been playing[/I]. [/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Payakata winadi keeyak tibeda?
Post reply
Top
Bottom