Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Log in
Register
Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Menu
Install the app
Install
Forums
New posts
All threads
Latest threads
New posts
Trending threads
Trending
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New ads
New profile posts
Latest activity
Free Ads
Latest reviews
Search ads
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Contact us
Latest ads
Ad icon
Jobreceive.com for sale
Blogerwiki
Updated:
Today at 8:55 PM
Post Your Vehicle for Sale — FREE! - https://libro.lk
Kalu_Puth
Updated:
Today at 7:38 PM
ඔයාගෙ Assignment හෝ Thesis එක හරියට හදාගමු
ErMurazor
Updated:
Saturday at 10:52 PM
Ad icon
BlackWall V2ray servers
hu KANNA
Updated:
Wednesday at 4:58 AM
Peppa Pig Family Plush Toy Set – 5 Characters
anil1961
Updated:
Sep 19, 2026
Electronics
Vehicles
Property
Search
Reply to thread
Forums
General
ElaKiri Tabloid
Bank of Ceylon caught stealing money from user accounts and ATM fraud!
Get the App
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Message
<blockquote data-quote="scurvy" data-source="post: 16879959" data-attributes="member: 130929"><p>Money suddenly disappearing from my Bank Of Ceylon account. Sometimes Rs. 5000/- just disappears, another month Rs 3000 vanished.</p><p>When I called the head office in Colombo they said they have no idea what happened. They won't say what happened or take responsibility for the error, and they won't give the money back.</p><p></p><p>I have a friend who also used to have this problem with money suddenly vanishing from his Bank Of Ceylon Savings account. He got sick of it, consulted a lawyer and decided it was not worth the trouble for a lawsuit and simply moved on to Commercial Bank. But he lost around a total of Rs. 45,000/-</p><p></p><p>According to a banking consultant I spoke to he says that nowadays none of the youth, or 20-30 somethings go to the Bank of Ceylon anymore. Everyone now banks at Commercial or Seylan or Sampath banks. Bank of Ceylon is now mostly used by really old people. Their business is dying along with the customers.</p><p></p><p>He believes that the bank must be skimping money from user accounts on a regular basis to compensate for lost revenue from the younger generation.</p><p></p><p>Also recently I went to get some money from the Bank of Ceylon Keselwatta branch. I withdrew 18,000 using my Mastercard debit card. All I got was 17 thousand Rupee notes and a fifty Rupee note! SO I am at a loss for Rs 950/-.</p><p></p><p>I went immediately inside and complained to the manager. Without making an effort to check the ATM data or any such thing she said, that this couldn't possibly happen, and that it wasn't their fault and that they cannot compensate for my loss.</p><p></p><p>If I wanted them to check the video data from the ATM surveillance camera that I would need to submit a request in writing to the Head Office in Colombo.</p><p></p><p>So this is the sad state of the Bank of Ceylon. They use such horrible tactics such as ATM fraud to keep their earnings within the limit.</p><p>They insert fifty or hundred Rupee bills instead of Rs 1000/- notes so when the user withdraws from the ATM they get a lower amount but their account is debited the full amount that they typed into the machine!</p><p></p><p>The profits made from such ATM fraud must be vast and my banking consultant I spoke to said that he has been hearing of such ATM money inconsistencies from Bank of Ceylon branches as far apart as Anuradhapura and Kurunegala!</p><p></p><p>So this is the sad state of a once great bank.</p><p>Due to the rise and popularity of competing banks they have been forced to resort to underhand tactics to keep their earnings and pay their staff.</p><p></p><p>Please be aware of this when using the Bank of Ceylon accounts and ATM machines.</p><p></p><p>Update- received a threatening phone call from Bank of Ceylon senior executive telling me to pull down this page and other forum threads or suffer a lawsuit. Will update regularly.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="scurvy, post: 16879959, member: 130929"] Money suddenly disappearing from my Bank Of Ceylon account. Sometimes Rs. 5000/- just disappears, another month Rs 3000 vanished. When I called the head office in Colombo they said they have no idea what happened. They won't say what happened or take responsibility for the error, and they won't give the money back. I have a friend who also used to have this problem with money suddenly vanishing from his Bank Of Ceylon Savings account. He got sick of it, consulted a lawyer and decided it was not worth the trouble for a lawsuit and simply moved on to Commercial Bank. But he lost around a total of Rs. 45,000/- According to a banking consultant I spoke to he says that nowadays none of the youth, or 20-30 somethings go to the Bank of Ceylon anymore. Everyone now banks at Commercial or Seylan or Sampath banks. Bank of Ceylon is now mostly used by really old people. Their business is dying along with the customers. He believes that the bank must be skimping money from user accounts on a regular basis to compensate for lost revenue from the younger generation. Also recently I went to get some money from the Bank of Ceylon Keselwatta branch. I withdrew 18,000 using my Mastercard debit card. All I got was 17 thousand Rupee notes and a fifty Rupee note! SO I am at a loss for Rs 950/-. I went immediately inside and complained to the manager. Without making an effort to check the ATM data or any such thing she said, that this couldn't possibly happen, and that it wasn't their fault and that they cannot compensate for my loss. If I wanted them to check the video data from the ATM surveillance camera that I would need to submit a request in writing to the Head Office in Colombo. So this is the sad state of the Bank of Ceylon. They use such horrible tactics such as ATM fraud to keep their earnings within the limit. They insert fifty or hundred Rupee bills instead of Rs 1000/- notes so when the user withdraws from the ATM they get a lower amount but their account is debited the full amount that they typed into the machine! The profits made from such ATM fraud must be vast and my banking consultant I spoke to said that he has been hearing of such ATM money inconsistencies from Bank of Ceylon branches as far apart as Anuradhapura and Kurunegala! So this is the sad state of a once great bank. Due to the rise and popularity of competing banks they have been forced to resort to underhand tactics to keep their earnings and pay their staff. Please be aware of this when using the Bank of Ceylon accounts and ATM machines. Update- received a threatening phone call from Bank of Ceylon senior executive telling me to pull down this page and other forum threads or suffer a lawsuit. Will update regularly. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Nawa warak dahaya keeyada? (Namaya wadi kireema dahaya)
Post reply
Top
Bottom