Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Log in
Register
Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Menu
Install the app
Install
Forums
New posts
All threads
Latest threads
New posts
Trending threads
Trending
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New ads
New profile posts
Latest activity
Free Ads
Latest reviews
Search ads
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Contact us
Latest ads
ඔයාගෙ Assignment හෝ Thesis එක හරියට හදාගමු
ErMurazor
Updated:
Saturday at 10:52 PM
Ad icon
BlackWall V2ray servers
hu KANNA
Updated:
Wednesday at 4:58 AM
Peppa Pig Family Plush Toy Set – 5 Characters
anil1961
Updated:
Sep 19, 2026
Ad icon
Express VPN PC - 1 Year Rs. 600.00
Sanathbh
Updated:
Sep 19, 2026
Ad icon
Capcut Pro 7 Days Team Plan - Rs. 3️⃣0️⃣0️⃣
Sanathbh
Updated:
Sep 19, 2026
Electronics
Vehicles
Property
Search
Reply to thread
Forums
General
Sports
Bounce Me, If You Can, Sri Lanka's Star Batsman Sanath Jayasuriya Dares Australia
Get the App
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Pata" data-source="post: 469593" data-attributes="member: 2136"><p>Submitted by Rohit Bhandiye on Fri, 2007-04-27 07:18.</p><p></p><p>Sri Lanka's marauding opening batsman Sanath Jayasuriya has thrown down the gauntlet at the Australians to bounce him if they can in the final of the Cricket World Cup.</p><p></p><p>"It does not mater what they bowl to me. I have been around long enough in international cricket to face any sort of bowling. If they bounce me, I can pull and hook as well," said Jayasuriya with characteristic modesty.</p><p></p><p>Australians have tried to bounce Jayasuriya in recent times, suggesting the left-hander is vulnerable to fast, rising deliveries.</p><p></p><p>They also tried to put it in trial in a Super Eight game against speedster Shaun Tait bowled with extra venom and hostility at the Lankan left-hander.</p><p></p><p>Jayasuriya was then up to the challenge even though he didn't last long.</p><p></p><p>Ponting suggested in press conferences that Jayasuriya is the key to Sri Lanka's batting and the way go after him is to let loose the fastest bowler at him.</p><p></p><p>Ponting is especially upbeat about the Kensington Oval pitch which, by all accounts, should favour pace and bounce.</p><p></p><p>Jayasuriya, however, is hardly perturbed.</p><p></p><p>"It's not as if we haven't played on bouncier pitches. We also have fast bowlers who can take advantage. We feel we have the batters who can handle that sort of bowling," he remarked.</p><p></p><p>Jayasuriya was almost lyrical in his praise for captain Mahela Jayawardene whose century guided Sri Lanka to win over New Zealand in the first semi-final in Kingston on Tuesday, "It was one of the best hundreds I have seen. It came under pressure and the situation was intense. The team is also very happy because we needed it at that time," Jayasuriya said.</p><p></p><p>Jayasuriya, who with 387 one-day international than anybody in the history of the game, believes he is batting as good as he has ever batted in his life.</p><p></p><p>"I feel I am batting as well as I did in 1996. The time between 2003 for me, it wasn't that great for my batting. Now I feel I am batting as well as I ever did. The format of the ongoing World Cup was far tougher than the one they played during the 1996 triumph."</p><p></p><p>"In this World Cup we have needed a lot of games to reach the semi-finals. It's not so easy, you have to play really well."</p><p></p><p>"One of his mates during the 1996 World Cup triumph was Chaminda Vaas has been as good as he has ever in his long and distinguished career."</p><p></p><p>"My job these days is to take early wickets. The first 15 overs and the power plays have made the game batting-dominated. The batsmen these days tend to go after bowlers. But if you bowl well, batsmen respect it," remarked Vaas who has taken 13 wickets at a respectable average of 17.85.</p><p></p><p>Vaas also praised upcoming bowlers like Lasith Malinga and Dilhara Fernando for taking the pressure off him.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Pata, post: 469593, member: 2136"] Submitted by Rohit Bhandiye on Fri, 2007-04-27 07:18. Sri Lanka's marauding opening batsman Sanath Jayasuriya has thrown down the gauntlet at the Australians to bounce him if they can in the final of the Cricket World Cup. "It does not mater what they bowl to me. I have been around long enough in international cricket to face any sort of bowling. If they bounce me, I can pull and hook as well," said Jayasuriya with characteristic modesty. Australians have tried to bounce Jayasuriya in recent times, suggesting the left-hander is vulnerable to fast, rising deliveries. They also tried to put it in trial in a Super Eight game against speedster Shaun Tait bowled with extra venom and hostility at the Lankan left-hander. Jayasuriya was then up to the challenge even though he didn't last long. Ponting suggested in press conferences that Jayasuriya is the key to Sri Lanka's batting and the way go after him is to let loose the fastest bowler at him. Ponting is especially upbeat about the Kensington Oval pitch which, by all accounts, should favour pace and bounce. Jayasuriya, however, is hardly perturbed. "It's not as if we haven't played on bouncier pitches. We also have fast bowlers who can take advantage. We feel we have the batters who can handle that sort of bowling," he remarked. Jayasuriya was almost lyrical in his praise for captain Mahela Jayawardene whose century guided Sri Lanka to win over New Zealand in the first semi-final in Kingston on Tuesday, "It was one of the best hundreds I have seen. It came under pressure and the situation was intense. The team is also very happy because we needed it at that time," Jayasuriya said. Jayasuriya, who with 387 one-day international than anybody in the history of the game, believes he is batting as good as he has ever batted in his life. "I feel I am batting as well as I did in 1996. The time between 2003 for me, it wasn't that great for my batting. Now I feel I am batting as well as I ever did. The format of the ongoing World Cup was far tougher than the one they played during the 1996 triumph." "In this World Cup we have needed a lot of games to reach the semi-finals. It's not so easy, you have to play really well." "One of his mates during the 1996 World Cup triumph was Chaminda Vaas has been as good as he has ever in his long and distinguished career." "My job these days is to take early wickets. The first 15 overs and the power plays have made the game batting-dominated. The batsmen these days tend to go after bowlers. But if you bowl well, batsmen respect it," remarked Vaas who has taken 13 wickets at a respectable average of 17.85. Vaas also praised upcoming bowlers like Lasith Malinga and Dilhara Fernando for taking the pressure off him. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Dawasata paya keeyak thibeda?
Post reply
Top
Bottom