Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Log in
Register
Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Menu
Install the app
Install
Forums
New posts
All threads
Latest threads
New posts
Trending threads
Trending
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New ads
New profile posts
Latest activity
Free Ads
Latest reviews
Search ads
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Contact us
Latest ads
Google Pixel 9 Pro
vgp
Updated:
Thursday at 5:57 PM
Ad icon
Jobreceive.com for sale
Blogerwiki
Updated:
Tuesday at 8:55 PM
Post Your Vehicle for Sale — FREE! - https://libro.lk
Kalu_Puth
Updated:
Tuesday at 7:38 PM
ඔයාගෙ Assignment හෝ Thesis එක හරියට හදාගමු
ErMurazor
Updated:
Sep 26, 2026
Ad icon
BlackWall V2ray servers
hu KANNA
Updated:
Sep 23, 2026
Electronics
Vehicles
Property
Search
Reply to thread
Forums
General
Sports
..::Football IV::..
Get the App
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Wolverine GTR" data-source="post: 24390391" data-attributes="member: 158020"><p><strong>Champions League final will be Man City vs Barcelona - Mertesacker</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Per Mertesacker believes Manchester City will be triumphant in their Champions League quarter-final with Tottenham and go on to meet Barcelona in the final.The reigning Premier League champions went down 1-0 to their domestic rivals in the first leg but welcome Mauricio Pochettino's men to the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday.</p><p> </p><p>While former Arsenal and Germany defender Mertesacker is confident City can complete a comeback this week, he does not expect the same of their city rivals Manchester United, who trail Barcelona 1-0 ahead of Tuesday's game at Camp Nou.</p><p> </p><p>"Does Pep still know how to succeed in the Champions League? Of course he does and City will progress," he told <strong>Goal.</strong> "When City play the second leg at home and the team have the feeling they have to make up for something, that's when they play best."Plus, Spurs always had big problems in Manchester and got some heavy defeats.</p><p> </p><p>I don't expect that now, but they will surely miss Harry Kane. City have the big goal to win the Champions League and I don't think Tottenham will spoil that. I actually believe the final will be Man City vs Barcelona."</p><p> </p><p>The 34-year-old is also confident in Liverpool's ability to protect their 2-0 aggregate lead over Porto when they meet again in Portugal, but he believes Jurgen Klopp's team are too intense to stay in the fight with City for the Premier League crown."Liverpool and Klopp have a had a certain journey so far and that journey absolutely calls for success," he added. "They've had a fantastic season and have kept up with Man City – the best team in England.</p><p> </p><p>"I count a lot on Liverpool in the Champions League, because in knockout matches they are always able to bring that intensity into their game. Also I am convinced of Klopp's skills as a motivator. He is able to make the players even more hungry in these matches."In the Premier League I'd rather go with City. Liverpool's intense style makes it problematic for me to see them fighting for the title until the end."</p><p> </p><p>Mertesacker says there could be one shock on the cards in the Champions League, though, with Ajax and Juventus level at 1-1 before meeting again in Turin.</p><p> </p><p>But the presence of five-time Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo could tip the scale in the Italian side's favour."I think there could be another surprise, but I expect the Ronaldo factor to be decisive in the end," he said. "Still, Juventus were not too experienced for Ajax.</p><p> </p><p>"Ajax's calm way of playing can be very dangerous for Juve. Ajax definitely have a chance away from home and Juve know that. Real Madrid's exit is a good warning. I expect Juve to defend deep, while Ajax lacked some patience in the final third in the first match. They must improve in that area."</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Wolverine GTR, post: 24390391, member: 158020"] [B]Champions League final will be Man City vs Barcelona - Mertesacker[/B] Per Mertesacker believes Manchester City will be triumphant in their Champions League quarter-final with Tottenham and go on to meet Barcelona in the final.The reigning Premier League champions went down 1-0 to their domestic rivals in the first leg but welcome Mauricio Pochettino's men to the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday. While former Arsenal and Germany defender Mertesacker is confident City can complete a comeback this week, he does not expect the same of their city rivals Manchester United, who trail Barcelona 1-0 ahead of Tuesday's game at Camp Nou. "Does Pep still know how to succeed in the Champions League? Of course he does and City will progress," he told [B]Goal.[/B] "When City play the second leg at home and the team have the feeling they have to make up for something, that's when they play best."Plus, Spurs always had big problems in Manchester and got some heavy defeats. I don't expect that now, but they will surely miss Harry Kane. City have the big goal to win the Champions League and I don't think Tottenham will spoil that. I actually believe the final will be Man City vs Barcelona." The 34-year-old is also confident in Liverpool's ability to protect their 2-0 aggregate lead over Porto when they meet again in Portugal, but he believes Jurgen Klopp's team are too intense to stay in the fight with City for the Premier League crown."Liverpool and Klopp have a had a certain journey so far and that journey absolutely calls for success," he added. "They've had a fantastic season and have kept up with Man City – the best team in England. "I count a lot on Liverpool in the Champions League, because in knockout matches they are always able to bring that intensity into their game. Also I am convinced of Klopp's skills as a motivator. He is able to make the players even more hungry in these matches."In the Premier League I'd rather go with City. Liverpool's intense style makes it problematic for me to see them fighting for the title until the end." Mertesacker says there could be one shock on the cards in the Champions League, though, with Ajax and Juventus level at 1-1 before meeting again in Turin. But the presence of five-time Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo could tip the scale in the Italian side's favour."I think there could be another surprise, but I expect the Ronaldo factor to be decisive in the end," he said. "Still, Juventus were not too experienced for Ajax. "Ajax's calm way of playing can be very dangerous for Juve. Ajax definitely have a chance away from home and Juve know that. Real Madrid's exit is a good warning. I expect Juve to defend deep, while Ajax lacked some patience in the final third in the first match. They must improve in that area." [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Asuwa dahayen wadi kalama keeyada?
Post reply
Top
Bottom