Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Log in
Register
Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Menu
Install the app
Install
Forums
New posts
All threads
Latest threads
New posts
Trending threads
Trending
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New ads
New profile posts
Latest activity
Free Ads
Latest reviews
Search ads
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Contact us
Latest ads
Google Pixel 9 Pro
vgp
Updated:
Thursday at 5:57 PM
Ad icon
Jobreceive.com for sale
Blogerwiki
Updated:
Tuesday at 8:55 PM
Post Your Vehicle for Sale — FREE! - https://libro.lk
Kalu_Puth
Updated:
Tuesday at 7:38 PM
ඔයාගෙ Assignment හෝ Thesis එක හරියට හදාගමු
ErMurazor
Updated:
Sep 26, 2026
Ad icon
BlackWall V2ray servers
hu KANNA
Updated:
Sep 23, 2026
Electronics
Vehicles
Property
Search
Reply to thread
Forums
General
ElaKiri Talk!
I would like to get a hold of copies of The Silumina from January 1992 - April 1992
Get the App
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Message
<blockquote data-quote="skanthan" data-source="post: 17291183" data-attributes="member: 202423"><p>Ayubowan!</p><p> </p><p> I am interested in getting copies of January 1992 to April 1992 issues of The Silumina.</p><p> </p><p> The reason being is because that year, I had a copy of the Silumina from March or early April of that year and on the front page of the second section, there was an article, or short story (???) which was of particular interest to me. Unfortunately at that time, I could not read Sinhala (I learned Sinhala script and some words in 1993) and it was not clear what was going on and by the time I finally learned the Sinhala language, that paper got stolen.</p><p> </p><p> On the front page of the second section, there is a picture of a Sinhalese woman in a red sari sitting down and one man is laying down in front of her and it looks like she is going to apply something to him. She was picking up something which was cupped in her left hand with her right hand. And the headline of that article or story was in large, light blue letters.</p><p> </p><p> I had spoken to the librarian at Lakehouse Library in regards to what I was looking for and he could not get it what I was saying. Even I e-mailed him a description like what I have giving above of what I am looking for hoping it will be more clear to him and he says he could not find such picture. He even looked through all 1991 issues of the Silumina and could not find it. I think he saw what I was looking for, but due to me not being to explain him in Sinhala and him not understanding English that well, he could not understand what I was looking for.</p><p> </p><p> If anyone knows which issue of the Silumina the above mentioned photo and article appeared in, please let me know. It would be a great help to me.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="skanthan, post: 17291183, member: 202423"] Ayubowan! I am interested in getting copies of January 1992 to April 1992 issues of The Silumina. The reason being is because that year, I had a copy of the Silumina from March or early April of that year and on the front page of the second section, there was an article, or short story (???) which was of particular interest to me. Unfortunately at that time, I could not read Sinhala (I learned Sinhala script and some words in 1993) and it was not clear what was going on and by the time I finally learned the Sinhala language, that paper got stolen. On the front page of the second section, there is a picture of a Sinhalese woman in a red sari sitting down and one man is laying down in front of her and it looks like she is going to apply something to him. She was picking up something which was cupped in her left hand with her right hand. And the headline of that article or story was in large, light blue letters. I had spoken to the librarian at Lakehouse Library in regards to what I was looking for and he could not get it what I was saying. Even I e-mailed him a description like what I have giving above of what I am looking for hoping it will be more clear to him and he says he could not find such picture. He even looked through all 1991 issues of the Silumina and could not find it. I think he saw what I was looking for, but due to me not being to explain him in Sinhala and him not understanding English that well, he could not understand what I was looking for. If anyone knows which issue of the Silumina the above mentioned photo and article appeared in, please let me know. It would be a great help to me. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Dahaya deken beduwama keeyada?
Post reply
Top
Bottom