BMW 520D vs E200 Avantgarde

ieannet

• Oct 15, 2006
    BMW 520D 2012 vs E200 Avantgarde 2010, average 50K Mileage

katiyaa moko hithane mata agent ge garage ekema laginnda wayi da
    Toyota, Nissan, Kia ,Mitsubishi, peugeot used kalara thibe but not bmw and BMs

katiya damu balannda visathara tiakk help ekak ban

Sonique

• Oct 22, 2007
    Forest
    sure da :D

hari hari kaling thiba Montero, prado , harrier.... now used 9th one ban

Which year was the Prado and what version was it? Was it a montero sport? :P Why buy a Harrier when you have a Prado or used it :P It doesn't add up :rofl: Someone buying a luxury sedan won't have questions like these you are asking :P You are certainly on a budget if you have questions like these and I won't recommend buying these because if something fails in these it will cost you a fortune.

ieannet

• Oct 15, 2006
    I won't recommend buying these because if something fails in these it will cost you a fortune.

prado 2003 mekanam paranna wadi hama gahala, Montero 2008 1st owner ekek gathe 87.50 yi , Harrier 2011 unregister gathe patta bande

lees than 10M budget for next one

yes I would like to know what will happen something fails in above vehicles , etc ... finding parts, cost of maintain and common issues ....

Sonique

• Oct 22, 2007
    Forest
    prado 2003 mekanam paranna wadi hama gahala, Montero 2008 1st owner ekek gathe 87.50 yi , Harrier 2011 unregister gathe patta bande

lees than 10M budget for next one

yes I would like to know what will happen something fails in above vehicles , etc ... finding parts, cost of maintain and common issues ....

So I guess you are planning to buy a second hand Mercedes or a BMW. In some vehicles electronic sensors goes faulty from time to time for no apparent reason. Even if it's not a big deal, if you are going to fix them it'll be a headache and a money pit. But that depends on your luck. Two brand new mercedes will behave differently even if they are the same model of the same year. One can give you constant troubles while the other one rides smoothly for at least a year with no faults. If it's under warranty it's not that much of a problem but if you are not you won't have a good time. So I wish you good luck.

P.S. Father in law had two brand new 350es recently of the same year and in one month one of them had a faulty tire air pressure sensor (which we didn't even fix) and then it was indicating that there is something wrong with the power steering system (we felt nothing wrong in the system but it needed fixing). I think Mercedes's hobby is to give you false warnings but when it shows you those warnings you will really SEE the warnings and you cannot ignore them :P Other one has no problem at all :P Sold the faulty one and he was happy :P So all you need is luck and good luck :P

Last edited:

shiwankaswe

• Apr 30, 2007
    Colombo Sri Lanka
    BMW 520D 2012 vs E200 Avantgarde 2010, average 50K Mileage

katiyaa moko hithane mata agent ge garage ekema laginnda wayi da
    Toyota, Nissan, Kia ,Mitsubishi, peugeot used kalara thibe but not bmw and BMs

katiya damu balannda visathara tiakk help ekak ban

personal opinion go for 520D, this comment is totally based on resale value
    running cost is the same as on both

nikdw

• Jul 17, 2016
    You will have to spend at least 50,000 per month for repair. If you have budget for that. then you can with that. otherwise dont. Normally second hand European car repair cost is high and you will see them contently

ieannet

• Oct 15, 2006
    You will have to spend at least 50,000 per month for repair. If you have budget for that. then you can with that. otherwise dont. Normally second hand European car repair cost is high and you will see them contently

thanks machan

do you used 520D before ?

shiwankaswe

• Apr 30, 2007
    Colombo Sri Lanka

don't put useless comments if you don't have any experience on these EU vehicles

nikdw

• Jul 17, 2016
    don't put useless comments if you don't have any experience on these EU vehicles

lol without experience danno danithi. :D That we had spend more than 5 lacks for 2 years. anyway we didnt have problem with money but the burden is too much.

dayt0na

• Jan 2, 2012
    lol without experience danno danithi. :D That we had spend more than 5 lacks for 2 years. anyway we didnt have problem with money but the burden is too much.

Monthly fixed gaanak yanewa kiyela na..
    As one guy mentioned, there is the luck factor. You might have no issue for one year and then suddenly end up with a 5 lack repair..
    2003 n issella models wala prashna godak adui ..electronic sensors wade kaali nathi hinda..Brand new parts are still expensive.