Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Log in
Register
Search
Search titles only
By:
Search titles only
By:
Menu
Install the app
Install
Forums
New posts
All threads
Latest threads
New posts
Trending threads
Trending
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New ads
New profile posts
Latest activity
Free Ads
Latest reviews
Search ads
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Contact us
Latest ads
Google Pixel 9 Pro
vgp
Updated:
Thursday at 5:57 PM
Ad icon
Jobreceive.com for sale
Blogerwiki
Updated:
Tuesday at 8:55 PM
Post Your Vehicle for Sale — FREE! - https://libro.lk
Kalu_Puth
Updated:
Tuesday at 7:38 PM
ඔයාගෙ Assignment හෝ Thesis එක හරියට හදාගමු
ErMurazor
Updated:
Sep 26, 2026
Ad icon
BlackWall V2ray servers
hu KANNA
Updated:
Sep 23, 2026
Electronics
Vehicles
Property
Search
Reply to thread
Forums
General
ElaKiri Talk!
Snydercut එක බැලුවා..
Get the App
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Stimulus mind" data-source="post: 26263110" data-attributes="member: 577135"><p><strong><em>Zack Snyder’s Justice League</em></strong> was filmed in a square frame, and that’s the way Snyder wants you now to see it. Amusingly, this makes the Snyder Cut the first major superhero movie to be presented in the “Academy Ratio” (or something close to it), which was the cinematic standard throughout most of the Golden Age of Hollywood, going into the 1950s. Snyder has spoken candidly a few times about the unlikely choice to shoot <strong><em>Justice League</em></strong> in a 1.33:1 aspect ratio with 35mm cameras. And as much else about the creative process on what became the Snyder Cut, this choice stemmed from reactions to <strong><em>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice</em></strong>.</p><p>Snyder, much like his colleague and friend Christopher Nolan, began experimenting on <strong><em>Batman v Superman</em></strong> by shooting select sequences in IMAX. True IMAX film cameras, which record the picture on 65mm celluloid, produce an aspect ratio of 1.43:1, which is much closer to a square (although not quite as much as what is used in <strong><em>ZSJL</em></strong>). And when <strong><em>BvS</em></strong> was screened in IMAX theatres in 2016, it meant the portions of the movie filmed in IMAX filled the entire IMAX screen. However, the majority of the film that was not shot in IMAX only covered the center of the IMAX screen, with a more traditional aspect ratio of 2.39:1.</p><p>The 2.39:1 aspect ratio is traditionally the preferred format for action blockbusters in the last 20 years, as it provides the widest common frame for films shot with 35mm cameras (and digital cameras mimicking them)—as opposed to say, using specially designed 70mm cameras which could go much wider. Yet upon seeing the alternating aspect ratios on <strong><em>BvS</em></strong>, Snyder came to the conclusion he’d like all of <strong><em>Justice League</em></strong> to have a uniformly square frame that could fill an entire IMAX screen. And rather than shoot a whole film in IMAX—which has never been done due to the technical limitations of bulky IMAX cameras—Snyder opted to shoot the film on 35mm with a 1.33:1 aspect ratio.</p><p></p><p>The effect is virtually indistinguishable from the Academy ratio of 1.37:1, which is the format used by any number of cinema classics like <strong><em>Citizen Kane</em></strong>, <strong><em>Casablanca</em></strong>, and <strong><em>The Adventures of Robin Hood</em></strong> (which, by the by, are all on HBO Max). However, prior to the Snyder Cut, the intent was always to present the film in a square frame in IMAX while cropping the upper and lower portions of the image for regular movie theaters (and presumably home media), creating a 1.78:1 aspect ratio, which is closer to another Hollywood standard for widescreen use. This is what “the Whedon Cut” ultimately did.</p><p>In 2020, Snyder explained at Justice Con his rationale for releasing the Snyder Cut in a 4:3 frame on HBO Max (the closest TV standard to 1.33:1) and foregoing the original plan to crop the image for widescreen televisions:</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Stimulus mind, post: 26263110, member: 577135"] [B][I]Zack Snyder’s Justice League[/I][/B] was filmed in a square frame, and that’s the way Snyder wants you now to see it. Amusingly, this makes the Snyder Cut the first major superhero movie to be presented in the “Academy Ratio” (or something close to it), which was the cinematic standard throughout most of the Golden Age of Hollywood, going into the 1950s. Snyder has spoken candidly a few times about the unlikely choice to shoot [B][I]Justice League[/I][/B] in a 1.33:1 aspect ratio with 35mm cameras. And as much else about the creative process on what became the Snyder Cut, this choice stemmed from reactions to [B][I]Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice[/I][/B]. Snyder, much like his colleague and friend Christopher Nolan, began experimenting on [B][I]Batman v Superman[/I][/B] by shooting select sequences in IMAX. True IMAX film cameras, which record the picture on 65mm celluloid, produce an aspect ratio of 1.43:1, which is much closer to a square (although not quite as much as what is used in [B][I]ZSJL[/I][/B]). And when [B][I]BvS[/I][/B] was screened in IMAX theatres in 2016, it meant the portions of the movie filmed in IMAX filled the entire IMAX screen. However, the majority of the film that was not shot in IMAX only covered the center of the IMAX screen, with a more traditional aspect ratio of 2.39:1. The 2.39:1 aspect ratio is traditionally the preferred format for action blockbusters in the last 20 years, as it provides the widest common frame for films shot with 35mm cameras (and digital cameras mimicking them)—as opposed to say, using specially designed 70mm cameras which could go much wider. Yet upon seeing the alternating aspect ratios on [B][I]BvS[/I][/B], Snyder came to the conclusion he’d like all of [B][I]Justice League[/I][/B] to have a uniformly square frame that could fill an entire IMAX screen. And rather than shoot a whole film in IMAX—which has never been done due to the technical limitations of bulky IMAX cameras—Snyder opted to shoot the film on 35mm with a 1.33:1 aspect ratio. The effect is virtually indistinguishable from the Academy ratio of 1.37:1, which is the format used by any number of cinema classics like [B][I]Citizen Kane[/I][/B], [B][I]Casablanca[/I][/B], and [B][I]The Adventures of Robin Hood[/I][/B] (which, by the by, are all on HBO Max). However, prior to the Snyder Cut, the intent was always to present the film in a square frame in IMAX while cropping the upper and lower portions of the image for regular movie theaters (and presumably home media), creating a 1.78:1 aspect ratio, which is closer to another Hollywood standard for widescreen use. This is what “the Whedon Cut” ultimately did. In 2020, Snyder explained at Justice Con his rationale for releasing the Snyder Cut in a 4:3 frame on HBO Max (the closest TV standard to 1.33:1) and foregoing the original plan to crop the image for widescreen televisions: [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Dahaya deken beduwama keeyada?
Post reply
Top
Bottom