1NZ-FE engine needed for Premio 240

aquaman2020

• Dec 23, 2020
    Bangkok
    Maybe. Since we don't know what the actual problem is, so there can be several options to consider. You are looking at a used engine to buy and it could go either way. Yes if the head is damaged then best thing is to replace with another engine. If repairable personally I would go for a rebuild and I had done that in the past.
    Agreed. The devil you know is much better than the angel you don't know. You also have the option of upgrading to high lift cams / high compression pistons / porting and polishing the head while doing a rebuild which will guarantee better performance.

@hrm what's the issue with remapping at a dyno with wideband O2? I've done standalone ECUs (HKS F-Con V Pro) as well as Remapping (for lancers) and with great success. I'm just curious... Maybe something specific to 240?
    ------ Post added on Apr 30, 2021 at 9:28 AM

Reactions: hrm

hrm

• Mar 19, 2008
    Battaramulla, Sri Lanka

@hrm what's the issue with remapping at a dyno with wideband O2? I've done standalone ECUs (HKS F-Con V Pro) as well as Remapping (for lancers) and with great success. I'm just curious... Maybe something specific to 240?
    ------ Post added on Apr 30, 2021 at 9:28 AM

No issue actually. I just meant most of Allion/Premio owners doesn't care about that. :) They bought the car to run economically and it's anyway not built for fast diving nor to handle better on twisty roads etc. Just saying because I'm one of them. :D

There's nothing wrong if you want to squeeze some hps out and add bit more excitement to everyday driving. There're even suepercharged 1NZs with enhanced suspension available if you are that kind of a guy. But I think a car like a Civic or similar would justify the money spent.

Reactions: aquaman2020

aquaman2020

• Dec 23, 2020
    Bangkok
    No issue actually. I just meant most of Allion/Premio owners doesn't care about that. :) They bought the car to run economically and it's anyway not built for fast diving nor to handle better on twisty roads etc. Just saying because I'm one of them. :D

There's nothing wrong if you want to squeeze some hps out and add bit more excitement to everyday driving. There're even suepercharged 1NZs with enhanced suspension available if you are that kind of a guy. But I think a car like a Civic or similar would justify the money spent.
    Makes sense. I'm used to the Thai car culture where even Vios owners upgrade their suspension to H&R and port & polish the heads and run E-Manage with E20 / E85 just to get extra 20WHP. So we basically don't leave any potential HP untapped. :ROFLMAO:

hrm

• Mar 19, 2008
    Battaramulla, Sri Lanka
    Makes sense. I'm used to the Thai car culture where even Vios owners upgrade their suspension to H&R and port & polish the heads and run E-Manage with E20 / E85 just to get extra 20WHP. So we basically don't leave any potential HP untapped. :ROFLMAO:

You live in Thailand? They are so much better now. New Vios definitely has the potential for that.

aquaman2020

• Dec 23, 2020
    Bangkok
    You live in Thailand? They are so much better now. New Vios definitely has the potential for that.
    Yes sir, Thailand for the last 8 years. Our car culture is not as good as Australia (we dont get too many American cars as Australia). But it's not bad at all with pretty chill regulations. I drive a Lancer with a 98 Decibel s/s exhaust and it's street legal and my 95' Astina makes 150WHP at 8000rpm with a 2.5 inch s/s straight through (cat delete) exhaust and even that's street legal. :ROFLMAO:

hrm

• Mar 19, 2008
    Battaramulla, Sri Lanka
    Yes sir, Thailand for the last 8 years. Our car culture is not as good as Australia (we dont get too many American cars as Australia). But it's not bad at all with pretty chill regulations. I drive a Lancer with a 98 Decibel s/s exhaust and it's street legal and my 95' Astina makes 150WHP at 8000rpm with a 2.5 inch s/s straight through (cat delete) exhaust and even that's street legal. :ROFLMAO:

Nice to hear. Perks of living in an actual car manufacturing country. Good for you bro.

Reactions: aquaman2020

ishan.fdo

• May 1, 2012
    ehema case ekak nam repair karanna puluwan deyak. habay eka da prashne kiyala mulin balawanna. monawa kalath genuine parts danna. oya engine eka godak reliable hariyata maintain kaloth.
    hmmm ok mchn.. thanks bokka..

ehema case ekak nam repair karanna puluwan deyak. habay eka da prashne kiyala mulin balawanna. monawa kalath genuine parts danna. oya engine eka godak reliable hariyata maintain kaloth.
    hmm. man kalin toyota lanka yanda gye.. but bara bill 1k set wei kiyala bayata giye naha
    ------ Post added on May 4, 2021 at 1:42 PM

hrm

• Mar 19, 2008
    Battaramulla, Sri Lanka
    hmmm ok mchn.. thanks bokka..

hmm. man kalin toyota lanka yanda gye.. but bara bill 1k set wei kiyala bayata giye naha
    ------ Post added on May 4, 2021 at 1:42 PM
    ubata one nam mehema karanna puluwan. Toyota ekata kiyala inspection ekak karala repairs tika pita thanakin karanna. habay Toyota normally repair walata wada replacement thama karanne.

ishan.fdo

• May 1, 2012
    ubata one nam mehema karanna puluwan. Toyota ekata kiyala inspection ekak karala repairs tika pita thanakin karanna. habay Toyota normally repair walata wada replacement thama karanne.
    ethakota Toyota eke un engine brandnew fix karnavda? un gava 240 engine thyenavda?