- Apr 24, 2007
- What is the cost to install solar panels to cater the above requirement? - about 6 lax to 10 only solar (2.5KVA to 5KVA) + power backup another 3 lax like
- Do you have any good reliable companies that I can talk to? - try talking to all of them youl be surprised
- Any idea about the performance during clouding days? - cloud + night you are in darkness
- How long will it run at night (say full day of sunlight)? - unless you have battery power backup u are in darkness
- Share any experiences you have just to learn from it.
- Power generation does not happen at peak levels as they say, its always low
- you always need to clean and keep all panels at peak levels to get max performance
- regular servicing is a must
- When theres no on grid power, you are again in darkness.
- You can add another power recovery switch to convert and power up ur solar when there is no grid power (it will cost you another additional 75000 to 1 lak)
- you have to select between net metering, net accounting or off grid
- if you are off grid, then u have to rely on batteries
- If you have to go for batteries + solar then you have to get hybrid inverters (thats few more lax expensive than above stated amount in '1'
- Batteries dont last 15 yrs as they say. even your phone battery dont last that long (depends on charge cycles) if you are only relying on that after a year or two things go sideways. most off grid solutions have issues
- more importantly if you get net metering itl take about 15,20 years for you to recover the cost from CEB (they pay 22 for 1st 10 or 15 yrs and then 15 per unit from them) - i dont think il live that long
- if you are not planning to go for net metering or accounting and purely stay on batteries THiNK TWICE whether you can waste that amount of money
Power issue will not be there for few years (hopefully) so you again have to think twice whether you are going to go through all those complexities or just get a generator