Mersenne Forum Copy - On Ramanujan's B'day, I'm hereby declaring that "Pi Exponent" M314,159,257 is a definite Prime!!

Indrajith Gamage

• Aug 15, 2020
    Moratuwa
    www.facebook.com
    This post originally appeared on Mersenne Forum. Re-posting here for posterity. Original link is here.

https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?p=595950

Hi, this is Indrajith Gamage from Sri Lanka. I'm a complete newbie to Mersenne forum and not qualified beyond Bachelors' degree level in Mathematics. (If you don't already know, Sri Lanka is the small island country below India.) One nice coincidence is that I'm posting this on 22nd of December 2021, which is the Birthday of the Indian Mathematical genius Ramanujan.

So with those things in mind, I'm making this post to declare that the exponent M314,159,257 is a definite prime. I'm also hereby reserving and naming it as the "Pi Exponent". The reason behind that name is very simple. Just cross check it with the first 7 digits of Pi (3 and first 6 decimals). They match exactly. I found this today itself and made a Facebook post for verification purposes at 5.51pm IST today.(GMT +5.30)

So why is this declaration important? The answer is quite simple. I know that the current record holder for the biggest prime known is M82,589,933 and has been so since 2018. My exponent itself is nearly 4 times larger, which means it's more than 2^231 times massive. So it will be no surprise with current resources we have, verifying this using LL or any other methods will be quite a while ahead.

However, I'm giving you my word that this is undoubtedly a prime, and easily the biggest Prime Number found by quite a stretch. The "Pi Exponent" is doubly fascinating, because as we all know, Pi has a special place in any mathematician's heart. This is probably redundant, but in case anyone does not understand, I'm specifically declaring that,

2^314,159,257 - 1 is a Prime Number

Given the size of this massive number, I guess anyone will agree that I have no hope of scientifically verifying it with my puny personal processing power, nor will it be possible without some serious help within a reasonable time frame. However, I'm prepared to wager anything that this is definitely a prime. I don't want to disclose how I found it because it wasn't scientific, and that's not really important either.

What's important is that this will be scientifically proven with an LL test (or something similarly accurate). I would really love to see this happen before the next Pi day, which is March 14th, 2022. If some serious processing power can be dedicated to running this test, I think it's easily achievable. Probably not with the Mersenne resources only, but if there's a possibility of getting a big media attention to this along with some dedicated super computers, it will be quite easy. The fact that the exponent is so similar to Pi will clearly help in getting much wider coverage in media.

I can promise you that it will end with success by proving it is a prime, this is guaranteed. I'm very much aware that my words itself don't matter in this regard, that's why I'm putting down my real name in my account. You can verify my information anyway you like, and I'm asking everyone to take a leap of faith here. If you'd like, you can check the official Mersenne exponent status of the "Pi Exponent" right here. It's currently verified as a Pseudo Prime, so that will give some confidence to anyone who's skeptical.

https://www.mersenne.org/report_exponent/?exp_lo=314159257&exp_hi=&full=1&ecmhist=1

Let's try to get some big attention to this cause, using any avenues you can. With some luck, companies and agencies with massive computing power will find it beneficial to support and join this effort to verify the "Pi Exponent" as the biggest verified prime.

Of course, in the bigger picture, the success of this will definitely give a massive boost to Mersenne.org as well as their worthy cause of finding Primes, including Mathematics and STEM education as a whole. So even if you are not inclined to believe me, this would be a worthy cause. However, I give you my word that this will end in success. The fact that I took my time to write this lengthy post with my real name etc. is hopefully an indication itself of how sure I am.

Therefore, I hope you will join me in this worthy cause, and find it charitable to give some exposure to this effort using whatever means you can. Let's try to turn this into a real phenomenon, get some help from real supercomputers and complete the verification by March 14th 2022.

So Thank you everyone. I wish you all the joy of being a partner in this massive, successful endeavor.

Indrajith Gamage.

Sri Lanka.

Last edited:
    Reactions: mayadmax

Indrajith Gamage

• Aug 15, 2020
    Moratuwa
    www.facebook.com

vito

• May 5, 2008
    අදාළ නෑ නේ
    අර පහන්තුඩාවෙ සීන් එකට විස්වාසේ දුන්න වගේ වෙයිද දන්නෑ මේකත් :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

zid2021

• Oct 7, 2021
    Dude, you can't just say I know this is a prime. Give some kind of proof or explanation for it.

batwise

• Aug 28, 2020
    Gotham
    batman.com
    You got to answer these...
    Screenshot_2021-12-22-23-17-08.png

• Haha
    Reactions: zid2021 and vito

aggregate

• Jun 8, 2011
    අපෝ කිඹිසිඹා සුද්දන්ගෙන් අහන්ගෙන නේද රෙවෙන්නම. නොදකින් මේ පෑන්ටි වේසාවා ලංකාවෙ ඉතුරු වෙලා තියෙන රෙදි ටිකත් ගලෝනවා.

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 09.05.09.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 09.05.21.png

imhotep

• Mar 29, 2017
    Sorry... looks like "𝝅 in the Sky"...
    Posterity is as likely to be wrong as anyone else...

PS: But appreciate your effort though in pushing this. It's nice if it was proven true.

Reactions: u_make_me_sick_

nlasasatha

• Sep 2, 2009
    Tsukuba
    You have already been proven wrong by the existing, verified C-PRP test that was done for this exponent.

Instead of wasting your (and everyone else's) time with these ridiculous posts, please take some time to learn the MATH, and the types of tests performed by GIMPS clients.

LOL

Ramiel

• Nov 21, 2015
    You claim to have Bachelor's level knowledge of mathematics, yet repeat this trope about probability that demonstrates serious misunderstandings about probability. You also don't understand anything about primality tests- not a good basis on which to make claims.

"My ignorance leads me to think I could be right even though you all think you know better" is crank behavior, and is not welcome here.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

good effort though (y)