Mexico City rail overpass collapses 😦😦

Stimulus mind

• Feb 27, 2021
    Twilight world
    At least 23 people were killed and 65 were hospitalized when a railway overpass and train collapsed onto a busy road in Mexico City on Monday night, crushing cars under fallen carriages and rubble. The authorities halted rescue efforts shortly after they began, saying there was a risk that more train parts and debris could slam down onto the road. A video on local channel Milenio TV showed the structure plummeting onto a stream of cars near the Olivos station in the southeast of the city at around 10.30 p.m. local time, sending up clouds of dust.

V4OJY2VJFFP5VCMZK3U3FW65YU.jpg

At least two train carriages precariously hung from the damaged overpass. Initial rescue efforts saw medical and fire crews trying to access the carriages. The army was also in attendance. Speaking to reporters at the site, Mexico City Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum said it appeared a girder had given way on the overpass but the cause was being investigated.

chart.png

She said the rescue had been suspended as the structure was very weak. A crane was working to stabilise the train carriages so rescuers could resume their search for survivors.The authorities were working to identify the dead, which included children, Sheinbaum said. One person trapped in their car underneath the wreckage had been rescued alive and was taken to hospital. Seven of the people transported to the hospital were in a "grave condition" and undergoing surgery, she said.

The Metro 12 line that runs over the collapsed overpass was built almost a decade ago when Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard was mayor of Mexico City.
    "What happened today with the Metro is a terrible tragedy. My solidarity is with the victims and their families," Ebrard said on Twitter. "Of course, the causes must be investigated and responsibilities defined."Ebrard and Sheinbaum are seen by many political observers as the most likely successors to President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador once his six-year term is over in 2024.

KQ3XUPWPTJM77BXU6OXNHUDLEE.jpg

PUQWV6727ZNVNIGWVSNE6E36A4.jpg

W2BPFBB54NK3NM6XXW6FVUDC2I.jpg

FFBXJPAGZBPRHIWJN6HPSDC56E.jpg

3GBNKMVXHNN4FBDLKDYQFYCJUY.jpg

Honda.putha

• Dec 26, 2017
    අපේ මේ වගේ අවස්ථාවකදී ගලවා ගන්න එන්න කණ්ඩායමක් නෑ නේද?
    මොනවා උනත් හමුදාවනෙ එවන්නෙ.

රෙස්කියු වලටම වෙනම සෙට් එකක් ඉන්න ඕනෙ.

hancok

• Aug 16, 2008
    පිළි-ඇඳි-දොළ
    අපේ මේ වගේ අවස්ථාවකදී ගලවා ගන්න එන්න කණ්ඩායමක් නෑ නේද?
    මොනවා උනත් හමුදාවනෙ එවන්නෙ.

රෙස්කියු වලටම වෙනම සෙට් එකක් ඉන්න ඕනෙ.
    oya wage failures anticipate karanne na ban. wadima unoth power surge ekak wage gihin system down wela passengers lawa viaduct eka dige lagama station ekata awiddawan genawa wage scenarios thama thiyanne

Reactions: Stimulus mind

hancok

• Aug 16, 2008
    පිළි-ඇඳි-දොළ
    faark....hope it's not chinese made
    ape project eke hitapu foreign consultant kenek fb eke dala thibba mehema

I am trying to rack my brains to remember something. I am sure when I used to read RGI and IRJ about railways worldwide to keep up to date for business reasons that I read a few years ago about a metro line in Mexico City being in dispute and it was delayed a long time allegedly through disputes regarding the standard of work being done by the contractor. I wonder if this is the Line?

Honda.putha

• Dec 26, 2017
    oya wage failures anticipate karanne na ban. wadima unoth power surge ekak wage gihin system down wela passengers lawa viaduct eka dige lagama station ekata awiddawan genawa wage scenarios thama thiyanne
    මගෙ පොඩි මිස්ටේක් එකක්.

මම කියන්න හිතපු දේ නෙමෙයි ටයිප් කරලා තියෙන්නෙ.

මම කියන්න හැදුවෙ ලංකාවේ හදිසි අවස්ථාවකදි රෙස්කියු කරන්න ඒ දේම හදාරපු පිරිසක් නෑ නේද කියන එක.

මොකක් උනත් හමුදාව එවලනෙ කරන්න බලන්නෙ ඒකයි.

ITGuy25

• Oct 19, 2020
    මගෙ පොඩි මිස්ටේක් එකක්.

මම කියන්න හිතපු දේ නෙමෙයි ටයිප් කරලා තියෙන්නෙ.

මම කියන්න හැදුවෙ ලංකාවේ හදිසි අවස්ථාවකදි රෙස්කියු කරන්න ඒ දේම හදාරපු පිරිසක් නෑ නේද කියන එක.

මොකක් උනත් හමුදාව එවලනෙ කරන්න බලන්නෙ ඒකයි.
    ගිනි නිවන හමුදාවට පුහුණුවක් දීලා තියෙන්නේ. ඕන දේවල් දිලත් තියෙනවා.( වාහන එහේම හැප්පුනාම, කපලා ගන්න බඩු තියෙනවා.) ඒත් මේවගේ ලොකු සින් එකක් නම් පුලුවන්ද දන්නේ නැ

dfgrendezvous

• Mar 14, 2008
    ඔන්න ඕකනේ ලලිතසිරි සර් විරුද්ධ වුනේ කණු උඩින් කොච්චි පාර හදනවට. බඩු පටවන්න බැරි වෙයි කියලා කිව්වා වගේම මේකත් එක හේතුවක් . දැන් බොලාට පේනවනේ කොච්චර හොඳ තීරණයක්ද ලංකාව ගත්තේ කියලා.

- මෙන්න මෙහෙම කියාගෙන කවුරු කොමෙන්ට් කරන්න ආවත් පුදුමයක් නැහැ. :lol: :rofl::rofl::P

• Haha

hancok

• Aug 16, 2008
    පිළි-ඇඳි-දොළ
    ඔන්න ඕකනේ ලලිතසිරි සර් විරුද්ධ වුනේ කණු උඩින් කොච්චි පාර හදනවට. බඩු පටවන්න බැරි වෙයි කියලා කිව්වා වගේම මේකත් එක හේතුවක් . දැන් බොලාට පේනවනේ කොච්චර හොඳ තීරණයක්ද ලංකාව ගත්තේ කියලා.

- මෙන්න මෙහෙම කියාගෙන කවුරු කොමෙන්ට් කරන්න ආවත් පුදුමයක් නැහැ. :lol: :rofl::rofl::P
    ara 2SOMA ponnaya e kale rachanaa liya liya hitiya owa ohoma kadan watei kiyala underground dana eka hari kiyala. dan duwagana ei