Questions Research Restaurant

gdan011

• Oct 27, 2013
    Hey Elakiri guys,

I research running a restaurant in Sri Lanka. So I have a few questions regarding this. I hope you guys will help. ✌️
    1. What are the needed things to start a restaurant (any permit from local authorities)?
    2. What kind of employers are you looking for (do they need a certificate, or are you dependent on their skills)?
    3. What kind of theme are you following?
    4. What is the target crowd that you focus on?
    5. What can go wrong?
    6. Do you see any success stories?
    7. What are your marketing strategies?
    Please Let me know if you're doing a restaurant. I have more questions if you don't mind answering. 🌹

tclanki

• Feb 11, 2010
    Hey Elakiri guys,

I research running a restaurant in Sri Lanka. So I have a few questions regarding this. I hope you guys will help. ✌️
    1. What are the needed things to start a restaurant (any permit from local authorities)?
    2. What kind of employers are you looking for (do they need a certificate, or are you dependent on their skills)?
    5. What can go wrong?
    Please Let me know if you're doing a restaurant. I have more questions if you don't mind answering. 🌹

2. Employees

epgehan1

• Apr 16, 2013
    hell
    Hey Elakiri guys,

5. What can go wrong?
    Im not doing a restaurant, just giving some ideas here.
    2. Better to employ at least guys with basic cooking skills, try to find people who have done diplomas and courses from hotel schools.
    3. Rustic, Naturalist, Whatever the theme is...better to have a place that allows people to talk and chill freely. That is what lacks in typical restaurents.
    4. Depends on the location. mind the available dishes as per the location. No point in having sushi in front of a school :P
    5. Chasing profits in first 6 months, customer retention
    7. Free coupons, social media marketing (having contests etc), make sure to have google/trip advisor or fb reviews, have a SL map and some pins * let people mark their location in the restaurant, hang with map on a wall, its kinda fun)

these are just wild ideas.

Dias21

• Oct 24, 2020
    With so many restaurants withthin colombo and a falling economy. You better have a really good marking strategy..

Competition between restrurents are fierce these days..

Reactions: gdan011