Sampath debit card and PayPal issue.

Bigspin

• May 27, 2007
    LONDON
    Is it possible to pay paypal invoice through Sampath bank debit card?

My sister trying to pay £560 invoice for laptop and PayPal keep saying its declined when she try to pay the invoice without creating account.

So i called bank and they are saying you can't make payment or receive money from PayPal. However apparently you can pay for any other online transaction.

I don't understand their stupid policy.

shopwaiter

• Jan 25, 2019
    please make a virtual credit Card via sampath vishwa. You could have a new acrd number and pin number..

Bigspin

• May 27, 2007
    LONDON
    please make a virtual credit Card via sampath vishwa. You could have a new acrd number and pin number..
    What they are saying is you can't make payments to paypal at all? So if she put money to web card and its not working you can't even transfer money out of web card.

ieannet

• Oct 15, 2006
    when you obtain a debit card from Sampath Bank, You must apply for a used card for online payments. one's this done you can use these cards for $1500 max limits per transaction and $5000 total monthly, habayi if you done large amounts bank will ask you why you have done such payments, no commercial payments allow that why. you can use these cards for PayPal.

Bigspin

• May 27, 2007
    LONDON
    You can Pay upto 100$ from any card. But more than that would require an account verification.
    I called the bank and they are saying you can make or receive payment to paypal at all. Its policy. However you can pay to any other online site. I don't understand the stupid policy.

Still using web card? Ur sister teenager or what? 🙄
    She is.. She got more than enough money on her savings account.

• Wow
    Reactions: Heshan Daminda

Mr.Feel

• Jan 29, 2009
    Can we withdraw funds from Paypal to Sampath webcard (ofc from money receiving capable pp account)

dinukaperera

• Dec 21, 2006
    I can think of two possibilities.
    1) Debit Card is not activated for online/global transactions.
    2) By default Sampath Debit Card Payment daily payment limit is Rs. 75,000 unless it was requested to increase the limit. So £560 is equivalent to Rs. 140,000

ruwper

• Feb 15, 2010
    Is it possible to pay paypal invoice through Sampath bank debit card?

My sister trying to pay £560 invoice for laptop and PayPal keep saying its declined when she try to pay the invoice without creating account.

So i called bank and they are saying you can't make payment or receive money from PayPal. However apparently you can pay for any other online transaction.

I don't understand their stupid policy.

I had same issue and I went to Sampath bank branch and told them. They enable debit card for online payment and now it works fine for paypal. Amount I wanted to pay is lesser than 560pounds

Rogueswindlerbanditcrook

• May 5, 2020
    Sri Lanka
    OK I tried with Web card and its not working either. Wtf..
    Have you tried these steps;
    To link your card:
    1. Go to Wallet.
    2. Click the card you want to confirm. (You'll only have the option to confirm cards with a 'Confirm' banner.)
    3. Click OK.
    When you click ‘OK’, we'll charge your card £1. This will 'link' your card to your account. We'll refund the £1 charge to your PayPal account within 24 hours of when you confirm your card.

'Confirm' a card

If your online card statement shows pending transactions you may be able to see the code within minutes. The code will be printed next to the word 'PAYPAL'. If not, check your card statement within 2-3 working days to find your 4-digit PayPal code beside, or near the £1 charge. If you can't check your statement online, you'll need to wait for your next paper statement or contact your bank.

Once you have the code, you can confirm your card as follows:
    1. Go to Wallet.
    2. Click the card that you're ready to confirm.
    3. Enter the code and click Confirm.

wije1991

• Apr 11, 2009
    Canada
    I can think of two possibilities.
    1) Debit Card is not activated for online/global transactions.
    2) By default Sampath Debit Card Payment daily payment limit is Rs. 75,000 unless it was requested to increase the limit. So £560 is equivalent to Rs. 140,000
    Machan me details weradi.
    01. Sampath Debit Cards are pre activated for online payments no need to call and activate
    02. Daily limit is 350,000 for online/POs transactions.