Using Elakiri Effectively : For Beginners

Hayao

• Sep 11, 2009
    ♪ p1ɹoʍ uʍo ʎɯ uı ♥♫
    First I must tell this is a tutorial you will get to know about many components in Elakiri. Most of people thinks this is just a forum site for posting threads and chat with friends. But there are many other options in Elakiri for use. :yes: So here I will describe each options :D

Here is main page of Elakiri.

50674547g.jpg

1. How to create a blog entry in Elakiri

In Elakiri we normally post threads. Here you can also create a blog. Let's see how to do that.

First go to Blogs! in Site Navigation

83944061.jpg

Here go to Post to your Blog

66684199.jpg

There you will get a window like this. Here you can put any thing you like (Poem, Songs, Facts etc)

15539710.jpg

1. Title Name
    2. Type Section
    3. Post the blog entry
    4. Preview of the blog
    5. Save Draft

So that is how to post a blog entry. After you have done your blog entry you can see this in your details.

12478275.jpg

This person has done 50 blog entries so like that you can do any blogs entries you like. :)

2. About Threads

Here I will describe about threads. Thread is the most important part in forum sites.

32717446.jpg

This is normally the first post in a thread. Here thread starter has post a thread about Sri lanka. Now under Search this thread option you can type anything and search it. If you don't have time to look every page in thread you can type and search it here.

44930439.jpg

If you want to rate this thread you can do it in Rate Thread like this. Whether it is Excellent or bad like that.

82813824.jpg

Here you can adjust the display mode. The default mode is Liner Mode but if you like you can switch to Hybrid Mode or to Threaded Mode.

91028927.jpg

Here is a perview of a Hybrid Mode.

3. How to report a post or thread.

Well this a very important part. There are some members (mostly fake ID's) who post nude pics, virus, fake news, spams like that which are illegal in Elakiri. So if you see something like that click the above icon to report.

58741215.jpg

83828800.jpg

After clicked that you will get a window like this. Here you have to type about the post and the reason whether it is a fake news, spam etc. After that click the Send Report button and admin or moderator will get it.

4. How to create tags

In a thread go to above link and click it.

22592386.jpg

There you will get a window like this.

46063508.jpg

Here you have to type something for the tag. After typing it click the Save Changes button.

70519353.jpg

Then you will a get a tag and like this and you can post it to the thread. :)

5. How to create a folder

In Elakiri you can create a folder. Let's see how to do that.

95714986.jpg

Go to User CP in main page.

48082493.jpg

Here go to Edit Folders link.
    30417444.jpg

Here you can type a name for your folder. After typing a name go to Save Folders and you will get a new folder like this.

21936929.jpg

You can create many folders as you wish. :D

6. Managing Private Messages (PM)

Private Messages are also very important part in Elakiri. In Elakiri you can approximately use 250 messages. You cannot exceed that. So if you have lot of private messages you have to delete most of them. Here I will describe how to do that.

You can visit your private messages in Your Notifications.

88235996.jpg

After clicked that you will get a page like this.

80496484.jpg

Here you to have to tick messages you want to delete or move. Here i will show how to move private messages to a new folder. Before do that you have to create a new folder as i described before :yes: Then you will get a screen like this.

47450418.jpg

Here you have to choose the folder and click Move Items. After that the chosen private messages will go to the above folder and you can visit them in that folder.

Now I will show you how to delete private messages.

69460965.jpg

Tick the messages you want to delete.

64186332.jpg

After that choose Delete and click Go. That's all.
    Remember to delete private messages regular because others will unable to send your private messages if you exceed the limit.

7. How to block or ignore users.

If there's a member you want to ignore or block here how to do it. In User CP go to Edit Ignore List

31262573.jpg

There you have to type the person you want to ignore and click Okay

21876349.jpg

Or you can do the same like this. Go to the user's page you want to ignore and in User Lists you will get two options. If you want to remove him/her click 1.

Or if you want to ignore click 2.

54326983.jpg

8. Setting your Profile Privacy

Profile Privacy is very important because of spammers, key loggers etc. If you didn't set your privacy well they can spam in your profile page. To set it go User CP and click Profile Privacy

23274985.jpg

There you will get a window like this. I recommend you to use Your Friends option. :yes: So then only your friends can access to your profile page and it is good for your privacy. :D

42242070.jpg

9. How to use Chat box

Chat box is a new component which is introduced to Elakiri and it is very popular among the members in Elakiri. :cool:

Here is a screen of chat bar.

79627450.jpg

52433981.jpg

In chat box you can choose many options.

1. Status - You can use any status you like and others can see it.
    2. Available mode - If you are free and want to chat with other chose this
    3. Busy - If you are busy chose this so then others will notify it and they will not disturb you.
    4. Invisible - If you want to invisible for others you can chose this option
    5. Sound Notifications - You can enable sounds here or disable if you don't want
    6. Add more friends - You can add friends here
    7. Chat bar options button

92795069.jpg

If you don't want to chat and want others to show that are you are offline click this option.

92390897.jpg

Then it will show you that you are offline.

10. Managing your birthdays, anniversaries etc.

In Elakiri you can add events like your birthdays, anniversaries etc. Let's see how to do that.

Go to Calendar in the main page.

92901638.jpg

There you will get a calendar like this.

16742665.jpg

Let's imagine that my birthday is on April 14 and I want Elakiri to remember it to me. (Note that it will store here automatically if you put your birthday in your details at profile page)

Click on the month.

61153895.jpg

Now go to Wednesday in 14.

10295291.jpg

There you will get a screen like this and you can see my name and others birthdays on that day. If you want to reminder that for you click on the Request Reminder for this event link.

49848435.jpg

There you will get Add Reminder window and you can choose the time you want to remind you like. You can do this for your friends birthdays anniversaries etc. :yes:

74004238.jpg

11. Choose Elakiri Style

In Elakiri there are two themes you can use, EK main and EK lite. Personally I like EK main theme.

Here is a screen of EK main.

61991325.jpg

Here is a screen of EK lite

30060187.jpg

You can choose the theme here. (Go to the bottom in the main page )

29511525.jpg

12. How to create an album

In Elakiri you can create a album to add your pictures. You can use these pictures to make your profile page, add pictures to your group, share them with others like that. So now we'll see how to create an album.

Go to Your Profile page and click Customize Profile link.

27902253.jpg

Then go to Pictures & Albums

32866521.jpg

Then you will get this window. Here you can see the albums you created. Now go to Add Album.

33789178.jpg

Here you can add your album name, description and album type. If you want to make it private chose private option or else you can chose public if you like it share it with others. After that go to Submit.

60174352.jpg

Then you will get this window and here you have to upload pictures. Go to Click here to upload pictures!
    71841585.jpg

Here you have to choose the pictures you like to add in Browse and after done it click Upload Pictures

40183682.jpg

After that you can see your album in Profile Page like this.

58989717.jpg

You can see the pictures you added in that album. Click on the album name.

Here you can see the pictures. If you want you can Upload Pictures, Edit Album or Edit Pictures.

29693836.jpg

So that's how to create an album and edit them. :)

13. How to add pictures to your user profile

Before do this you have to create an album as I described before and upload pictures. Now to add pictures for your user profile go to User CP and click Customize Profile.

98082326.jpg

Here you will get this window to customize your profile. You can chose font color, font name, border type, background color like that.

71633682.jpg

Now go to your album and select the picture you want to add. Here select that Picture URL code and copy it.

49319958.jpg

Now come back to your Customize Profile and paste the above code here.

10700154.jpg

Then click Preview to see whether it is matching or not. If you not satisfy with that go back and select another picture. After you are satisfy with that click Save.

Here you can preview the changes you have done to your profile page. After done all click Save Changes and you can see the pictures in your profile page. :)

97904683.jpg

14. About Social Groups

In Elakiri you can create any group you like. So let's see how to create a group.

Go to User CP and select Social Groups

19960886.jpg

There you can see about social groups in Elakiri.

73547904.jpg

Now to create a group go to Create a New Group.

67341402.jpg

There you can select the group category, group name, details and group type. If you want to make a strict group which everyone cannot access select private option. Or else you can select public. :yes: After done all select the Save button.

68958867.jpg

Then you will get a message that you group has created and you can invite friends to join it, add pictures, add details and maintain it. If you want to keep your group popular among members always update it.

Here is a screen of popular social group.

94545951.jpg

That's all for this tutorial and its took two hours for me to make this. Though I enjoyed making this and I hope this will help for our new members and old members in Elakiri.

Thank you.

Hayao. :)

Last edited:

Hayao

• Sep 11, 2009
    ♪ p1ɹoʍ uʍo ʎɯ uı ♥♫
    ELAMA ELAKIRI WEDAK HAYAO MALLIYO !!!!!! :D :love:
    HUGAK MAHANSI WELA THIYENAWA WAGE MALLA.... hehe :)
    GODAK WATINA THREAD EKAK WEI APE Ek EKATA ALUTHEN ENA MEMBERSLA HEMOTAMA !!!!! :yes::yes: :D

ane mata mallata rep danna widihak na :( sowwi

Thanks a lot akka. :D ;) Ow tikak wela giya hadanna danna okkogema wage ewa haduwa :yes:

Thanks again for the comment akka :) :love:

Its okay no problem ;)

paris

• Jun 30, 2006
    වලාකුළක් උඩ..
    Thanks a lot akka. :D ;) Ow tikak wela giya hadanna danna okkogema wage ewa haduwa :yes:

Thanks again for the comment akka :) :love:

Its okay no problem ;)

ya penawa.... hehe :)

malla.... profile ekata images dala, colors dala hadana heti kiyala dena ekakuth othana thibba nam honda nedda? ethakota member kenekta karanna puluwan okoma wage thiyenawane...... :)
    ara ape geethq malli ehema ewata hariyana tutorials hadala threads dala thibba......

Hayao

• Sep 11, 2009
    ♪ p1ɹoʍ uʍo ʎɯ uı ♥♫
    ya penawa.... hehe :)

malla.... profile ekata images dala, colors dala hadana heti kiyala dena ekakuth othana thibba nam honda nedda? ethakota member kenekta karanna puluwan okoma wage thiyenawane...... :)
    ara ape geethq malli ehema ewata hariyana tutorials hadala threads dala thibba......

Done! ;) Thanks for the idea. :yes: :)

Ela aaa....:D:P

:P:D

Maximum bro.:)
    It helped me a lot:yes::yes:

Thanks bro ;) :)
    Ela Ela Hayao:yes::yes:
    0002043B.gif

Thanks bro :) :)

මමත් අළුත් මට මේක ශෝයි :D

rep +

Oya aluthda :rolleyes: Elaz thanks bro :) :D

wow niyama thread eka machan! shik rep denna widiyak nene!

Thanks bro its okay no probs :D ;)

Reactions: one_genuine

Malinga

• Jul 20, 2006
    හොඳ වැඩක් මල්ලි. සෑහෙන්න මහන්සිවෙලා තියනව. මේ වගේ ඉළකිරි වල තියන දේවල් ගැන දැනුවත් කරන එක බොහොමත් ම වටින වැඩක්. බොහොමත්ම ස්තූතියි මේ වගේ ත්‍රේඩ් එකක් දැම්මට.