Why the disparity between the 1 Trillion Yen I said, and the 500 billion currently in news? Here's why.

Indrajith Gamage

• Aug 15, 2020
    Moratuwa
    www.facebook.com
    thank you for the information machan.
    when exactly is this going to happen? I mean the date
    Essential items assistance will start before this month is over, especially food and medicines. By mid June, we can expect fuel and gas queues to vanish as well, and the fertilizer will be available within the month. We can expect some price drops or සහන මලු etc through Sathosa as well as other Supermarkets. These are the most pressing issues so those will be solved first. (the so called තුන් වේලක් කෑම section)

Yen amounts for Foreign Reserves will start within June as well, and we expect a surge in remittances as well even before that. Biggest thing is the trust placed by International companies that their dues will be paid. This will make it easier for us to clear the imports.

Infrastructure projects will obviously take some time, but hopefully they'll be completed by 2025 or so. (unless some idiots try to block that as well. Anyone who tries to do that should be hung, drawn and quartered by the public! I mean this very sincerely. Unleash the Beira lake treatment for all those who try, it's your citizens duty!)

We can start to dream about the future, and by September, the Dollar will cross into sub Rs. 300 territory. 😊

Last edited:
    • Wow
    Reactions: sihan and kasunkaru

sanzilla jackcat

• Oct 3, 2008
    ෆ්ලුජා නගරය
    Do you have to ask? There's no similar named channel with 5/3 million+ subs. (check my cover photo in fb 😊)
    A male prostitute like you never can buy a GoPro camera in your lifetime.

Neither a professional grade laptop.
    or workstation enough for a professional level youtube studio.
    ------ Post added on May 14, 2022 at 9:49 PM

• Haha
    Reactions: Indrajith Gamage

Akr30

• May 11, 2022
    First of all I want to say I also personally don't like Ranil.But he is going to become a hero within few months.So let him do the job.Let's give him at least 6months.So please stop saying "Go home" to everyone.Lets go back to our normal lifestyle.🙏🙏🙏

Reactions: Indrajith Gamage

Indrajith Gamage

• Aug 15, 2020
    Moratuwa
    www.facebook.com
    A male prostitute like you never can buy a GoPro camera in your lifetime.

Neither a professional grade laptop.
    or workstation enough for a professional level youtube studio.
    ------ Post added on May 14, 2022 at 9:49 PM
    Keep thinking that. 🤣

First of all I want to say I also personally don't like Ranil.But he is going to become a hero within few months.So let him do the job.Let's give him at least 6months.So please stop saying "Go home" to everyone.Lets go back to our normal lifestyle.🙏🙏🙏
    No issues with normal protesting and voicing options. However, don't try to block roads and become a nuisance, and absolutely no violence. 😊
    ------ Post added on May 14, 2022 at 9:53 PM

kasunkaru

• Jan 25, 2018
    Let's do this for English readers as well. Especially for Tamil and Muslim folks in Elakiri who won't necessarily read long Sinhalese explanations. (my Sinhala writing style is notoriously difficult for Google translate as well. 🤣)

So as you might already know, I first broke the news about the upcoming 1 trillion yen assistance from Japan on Thursday the 12th. I said 1 trillion yen. With the current exchange rates, that's $7.8 billion, which is close to $8 billion. However, the current news story only talks about a $4 billion assistance by a Japanese company. So why the disparity?

This is the first tranche of the assistance, to be distributed by Ranil's 5 people essential items committee. This method was used because Japanese companies have excellent multinational relationships and supply chains so its much easier and quicker for them to order. If Japanese government directly gave money to us and we had to shop around for essential items, it'll take much longer. We all know the කොමිස් situation and the හිතමිත්‍ර සමාගම් expectations in such a case as well. 🤣 So going this way ensures a quick and reliable supply of essential items from food to medicines, while also saving the supposed 20% of that money going to someone's pocket.

500 billion Yen rest of it will be a direct assistance for increasing our Foreign reserves. As you know, Yen is easily transferrable to USD, and if we so choose, any number of International banks will be happy to do it, in whole or any part of it.

The fuel refinery, oil storage facility and the 500MW natural gas power plant will be gifts, as in no money has to be paid back. There's one condition that there has to be long term contracts for the crude and natural gas, to be purchased through Japanese companies. Come to think of it, is that really bad? Especially when you compare with how we have to go asshole gaping to India and China for similar projects, even with massive interests and loans?

(There's the added trust that Japanese made refineries and power plants don't break down like Norochcholei as well. 😂😂😂)

So there you go. Ask any questions you might have, and I'll answer them here. 😊
    this is true india walin bijje 500 million credit line ekak gannat kochchra dewal wikkada kaputa? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: long term japanese contracts will also much more cheaper than these indian shit. 500 million usd dunat polim loweth adu wune nane mokkhri horayak tiyenwa. 500 million ati 1.5 months walata but eka paarakwat polim adu wune nane

sanzilla jackcat

• Oct 3, 2008
    ෆ්ලුජා නගරය
    Keep thinking that. 🤣
    lol , I don't want to buy GoPro, because I got it as a gift from my company that I'm working.
    I'm typing this on my lenavo business laptop.
    And I play games from my Nvidia Quard card( it's for developers) workstation with 144 Hz monitor.
    I'm a software engineer, not a male prostitute like you.

My current bill is around 30,000/- LKR per month.
    And I use Fila shoes and Nike when I go to gym.

kasunkaru

• Jan 25, 2018
    adoo mat danan hitye naa baladdi moo legend kenekne :o

Essential items assistance will start before this month is over, especially food and medicines. By mid June, we can expect fuel and gas queues to vanish as well, and the fertilizer will be available within the month. We can expect some price drops or සහන මලු etc through Sathosa as well as other Supermarkets. These are the most pressing issues so those will be solved first. (the so called තුන් වේලක් කෑම section)

Yen amounts for Foreign Reserves will start within June as well, and we expect a surge in remittances as well even before that. Biggest thing is the trust placed by International companies that their dues will be paid. This will make it easier for us to clear the imports.

Infrastructure projects will obviously take some time, but hopefully they'll be completed by 2025 or so. (unless some idiots try to block that as well. Anyone who tries to do that should be hung, drawn and quartered by the public! I mean this very sincerely. Unleash the Beira lake treatment for all those who try, it's your citizens duty!)

We can start to dream about the future, and by September, the Dollar will cross into sub Rs. 300 territory. 😊
    LRT will come back?
    ------ Post added on May 14, 2022 at 9:57 PM

Indrajith Gamage

• Aug 15, 2020
    Moratuwa
    www.facebook.com
    Gota said he was sorry that LRT was stopped and that he hoped to continue it, when he met a Japanese aid delegation about 2 weeks ago.
    It will. There's absolutely no reason for it being stopped. We could have already ended quite a lot of congestion if it continued, and many folks will be able to travel in comfort to work and home without private vehicles.

• Love
    Reactions: kasunkaru

pavanruka

• Mar 17, 2015
    Colombo
    It will. There's absolutely no reason for it being stopped. We could have already ended quite a lot of congestion if it continued, and many folks will be able to travel in comfort to work and home without private vehicles.

But now with the financial shit that we're bogged in, I don't know whether it's feasible in the near future.
    By the way, I couldn't find about a 1 trillion yen assistance from Japan. Has it been announced officially?

sihan

• Apr 7, 2007

great! Hope it will happen as described.

Indrajith Gamage

• Aug 15, 2020
    Moratuwa
    www.facebook.com
    But now with the financial shit that we're bogged in, I don't know whether it's feasible in the near future.
    By the way, I couldn't find about a 1 trillion yen assistance from Japan. Has it been announced officially?
    LRT is already over the feasibility, impact assessment stage bro. It was about to start construction when the plug got pulled off. We should just assume that conditions are same and just start back from where it was stopped. Hopefully with minimal reassessments. (which are mostly just dumb red tapes to satisfy no one)

There's still no official news. But that will be coming in the days ahead. When it does, you'll find it even without my help. These threads are sort of spoiler alerts. 😊

• Wow
    Reactions: kasunkaru

neonad

• Apr 15, 2008
    INSIDE EK
    LRT is already over the feasibility, impact assessment stage bro. It was about to start construction when the plug got pulled off. We should just assume that conditions are same and just start back from where it was stopped. Hopefully with minimal reassessments. (which are mostly just dumb red tapes to satisfy no one)

There's still no official news. But that will be coming in the days ahead. When it does, you'll find it even without my help. These threads are sort of spoiler alerts. 😊
    There is a catch, since it is not official yet. Can you explain how you have gathered all these info?