Sri Lanka satellite

lkdood

Apr 7, 2008
Washington, D.C. / London, U.K.

Sri Lanka's first satellite will be launched in a few days after the planned launch was delayed due to weather conditions at the launch location in Xichang, China.

The SupremeSAT-I satellite is owned by Chinese company China Great Wall Industry Corporation & Sri Lankan company SupremeSAT.

The satellite was built by the French company Thales Alenia Space and has a designed life of 15 years.

With the launch of the satellite Sri Lanka will become the third South Asian nation, after India and Pakistan to own a communications satellite.

kaushala1988

Oct 27, 2008
තමාගෙම ලෝකේ තමා
What is the Use of having our own satellite I mean I'm not negative on it but it could be better if we had a good telecommunication network in the country.
If it can be used correectly, a sattelite is all about telecommunication. and having one of our own we wont have to pay high taxes for using foreign sats.

however um still not sure about this until they show some good outcome of it....let's hope for the best

kernalpanic

Nov 12, 2011
even Sri-Lankan satellite is owned by china :D It has no advantage. It's cheaper to hire other people's satellite than get your own one.

This just get Chinese satellite and put SL flag on it and put it all SL TV that MR done some thing amazing by sending satellite to space :D