Yashodha Wimaladharma is Going Probably Through Menopause, DON'T Harass her for Being Human!!

Indrajith Gamage

• Aug 15, 2020

Hi folks, this time I'm coming to you with something indeed important. Therefore, please try not to allow yourself availed with whatever negative impressions you might have against me, and read through with the best neutrality you can offer. The choise of English language is also to appeal to a more knowledgeable crowd than people who usually follow me, since, I stress again, this is really important!

Veteran Actress Yashodha Wimaladharma seems to be getting significant amount of flack for appearing to behave abnormally on social media. Yashodha, as you might know, is no stranger to new technologies, and is usually capable of handling herself in the utmost professional fashion. It is a well documented fact that she's the first Sri Lankan artiste to have a webpage for herself. Throughout her long career, she has remained steadfastly capable of navigating the latest of technologies in a way that is becoming of a celebrity of her stature.

Recently, however, Yashodha seems to have delved into a different way of communicating with her loyal followers, one that is characterised by assuming a slightly narcissistic way of thinking. As one of the most recognizable icons of Sri Lankan popular culture, this is certainly a position she can very much claim if need be. However, the nature of how this is expressed is creating a significant buzz among social media users, and personal attacks, varying from lighthearted to somewhat serious, are being directed at her.

One wouldn't need a professional qualification to understand that this is causing her a great amount of distress. While she might appear to be behaving irrationally on the surface, there's reason to believe that there are certain underlying causes for it, especially with circumstantial evidence relating to her situation. This write up is written to provide some additional insight into what most people going after her don't seem to understand.

Yashodha Wimaladharma, as anyone could find for themselves, is currently a quinquagenarian. (yes, that's some deliberate jargon out of respect to her to not say the fact too openly) As age progresses, every biological female will be going through the natural process of decline in the reproductive ability, and hormonal changes associated with it. While this knowledge should be common enough, the social media reaction to Yashodha's recent changes calls into question whether that is indeed so.

We as a society are more than welcoming when a woman goes through behavioral changes attributed to pregnancy, but sadly we don't seem too keen on bestowing a similar understanding to what happens with Menopause. This can cause a significant change in normal conduct and thought patterns, and it's perfectly natural. Women who have borne children are less susceptible to the extreme changes of it, and since they are in the far majority, our society seems to have come into perceiving that as normal.

Yashodha made a choice earlier in life not to marry or have children, which is of her own private accord, and we as a society should respect her right for personal judgement. We should also try to understand the emotional aspects of going through Menopause with possible personal doubts on this choice, which is in addition to the extreme distress caused by associated hormonal changes, and digest the fact that while Yashodha is certainly a larger than life character in the celebrity space, she is no less human than us all. She is entitled to be a living breathing human being after all.

Therefore, I hereby implore you to treat this personal bout of change from Yashodha in an understanding manner, and not to have any hand in prolonging or amplifying her distress. No one will ever be able to fully grasp the effects of Menopausal hormone change without actually going through it, so please try to empathise with her and not make fun of her, since this is indeed a serious issue.

Even if all of this is Greek to you, perhaps you can understand this. She is of a similar age to the Mothers of most people trying to poke fun at her, so try to emphasize on that fact and perhaps extend a similar amount of respect when interacting with her on social media. Yashodha has faced unspeakable horrors as a victim of bullying in younger years, so please don't make her go through a similar situation once again.

Thank you if you took time to read upto here, and if you see someone making fun of Yashodha's recent interactions, make it your duty to educate them about this and discourage them from acting in a disrespectful manner towards her. You can freely use this write up, and the fact that I took it upon myself to write this long without any personal benefit might inspire you in that regard. I hope this will put an end to those causing distress to her unknowingly.

Cheers.

Indrajith Gamage

(Disclaimer : I'm not a health professional or in any way associated with Yashodha. She did not put me to task on writing this in any way either. I'm just doing a citizen's duty to educate people who don't seem to understand what's going on. If the heading and image associated with this seems a bit brash, please understand that it was intentionally made so, just to be utilized as a hook to give this write up more exposure, so that more people will be inclined to read this through)

Last edited:

Indrajith Gamage

• Aug 15, 2020
    Is that you the one who wrote this or you copied it somewhere else?
    I always write everything I publish myself. 👍 You can see a copy of it on my Facebook profile too.

Ussala neda damme naththan uba redi adu kaana wage wadane karanne 😆
    ඔය විදිහට හිතන නිසා තමයි ඉංග්‍රීසියෙන් දැම්මෙ. මම කිසිම දෙයක් උස්සලා නෑ. මමම ලියපු තවත් "හෑල්ලක්." (fb එකේත් දැම්මා)
    ------ Post added on Jul 17, 2021 at 9:33 AM

Indrajith Gamage

• Aug 15, 2020
    දැන් ඔය බුලි කරන එවුන් කඩ්ඩෙන් ඔච්චර දෙයක් කියවගන්න පුලුවන් උන් කියලද හිතන්නෙ?
    කඩ්ඩෙන් දැම්මාම තේරෙන්නෙ නැති නිසා හරි කට පියාගෙන ඉන්නවානෙ. 😂 එහෙමත් බැරි අයට අර ලොකු අකුරෙන් දාලා තියෙන අම්මගෙ සීන් එක කියෙව්වාම හරි. 😊

Last edited:

dilshan87

• Apr 1, 2008
    Moratuwa
    I always write everything I publish myself. 👍 You can see a copy of it on my Facebook profile too.

ඔය විදිහට හිතන නිසා තමයි ඉංග්‍රීසියෙන් දැම්මෙ. මම කිසිම දෙයක් උස්සලා නෑ. මමම ලියපු තවත් "හෑල්ලක්." (fb එකේත් දැම්මා)
    ------ Post added on Jul 17, 2021 at 9:33 AM
    I've got no idea what your FB account is. By the way you've got a good writing skill.
    By the way I'm not a fan of these actress gossips. But still your title brought me here.
    Keep it up!

Reactions: Boole

Maskoora

• Oct 5, 2020
    වැඩඩෙක් නම් මෙයාගෙ රෙදි අඩු කරල පෙන්නපන්.

වැඩඩෙක් නම් මෙයාගෙ රෙදි අඩු කරල පෙන්නපන්. (2)
    She is outdated now and not worth it. If you need to see, try for someone who is more trending these days. My choice is Nayanathara.

හෙළයෙක්

• Apr 26, 2014
    She is outdated now and not worth it. If you need to see, try for someone who is more trending these days. My choice is Nayanathara
    ඒක චැලේන්ජ් එකක් ඉන්ඩජිත්ට. ඔයා කැමති නන් ඔය නම උට කියල අඩු කරවගෙන බලන්න.

helplesser

• Nov 20, 2017
    ආයුබෝවන්, මේ වතාවේ මම ඔබ වෙත එන්නේ සැබවින්ම වැදගත් දෙයක් සමඟයි. එමනිසා, කරුණාකර මට විරුද්ධව ඔබට ඇති විය හැකි නිෂේධාත්මක හැඟීම්වලින් ප්‍රයෝජන ගැනීමට ඉඩ නොතබන්න, ඔබට ඉදිරිපත් කළ හැකි හොඳම මධ්‍යස්ථභාවය කියවා බලන්න. ඉංග්‍රීසි භාෂාව තෝරා ගැනීම සාමාන්‍යයෙන් මා අනුගමනය කරන පුද්ගලයින්ට වඩා දැනුමක් ඇති පිරිසකට ආයාචනා කිරීමකි, මන්ද මම නැවත අවධාරණය කරමි, මෙය සැබවින්ම වැදගත් ය!

ප්‍රවීණ නිළි යශෝධා විමලධර්මා සමාජ මාධ්‍යවල අසාමාන්‍ය ලෙස හැසිරෙන බවක් පෙනෙන්නට තිබීම නිසා සැලකිය යුතු ප්‍රමාණයක් ලැබෙමින් පවතින බව පෙනේ. යශෝධා, ඔබ දන්නා පරිදි, නව තාක්‍ෂණයන්ට අමුත්තෙකු නොවන අතර, සාමාන්‍යයෙන් තමාට වඩාත්ම වෘත්තීයමය ආකාරයෙන් හැසිරවිය හැකි ය. ඇය තමාටම වෙබ් පිටුවක් ඇති පළමු ශ්‍රී ලාංකික කලාකරුවා බව මනාව ලේඛනගත සත්‍යයකි. ඇයගේ දීර් career වෘත්තීය ජීවිතය පුරාම ඇය නවීන තාක්‍ෂණයන් සැරිසැරීමට ස්ථීර ලෙස සමත් වී ඇති අතර එමඟින් ඇයගේ පෞරුෂත්වයේ කීර්තිමත් පුද්ගලයකු බවට පත්වෙමින් තිබේ.

කෙසේවෙතත්, මෑතකදී යශෝධා තම පක්ෂපාත අනුගාමිකයන් සමඟ සන්නිවේදනය කිරීමේ වෙනස් ආකාරයකට යොමු වී ඇති බව පෙනේ. එය තරමක් මත්ද්‍රව්‍ය චින්තනයක් උපකල්පනය කිරීමෙන් සංලක්ෂිත වේ. ශ්‍රී ලංකාවේ ජනප්‍රිය සංස්කෘතියේ වඩාත්ම හඳුනාගත හැකි අයිකනයක් ලෙස, මෙය නිසැකවම අවශ්‍ය වුවහොත් ඇයට බොහෝ දේ ප්‍රකාශ කළ හැකි තනතුරකි. කෙසේ වෙතත්, මෙය ප්‍රකාශ වන ආකාරයෙහි ස්වභාවය සමාජ මාධ්‍ය භාවිතා කරන්නන් අතර සැලකිය යුතු ප්‍රහේලිකාවක් ඇති කරන අතර, සැහැල්ලු හදවත් සිට තරමක් බරපතල දක්වා වෙනස් වන පුද්ගලික ප්‍රහාර ඇය වෙත යොමු කෙරේ.

මෙය ඇයට විශාල පීඩාවක් ගෙන දෙන බව තේරුම් ගැනීමට කෙනෙකුට වෘත්තීය සුදුසුකමක් අවශ්‍ය නොවනු ඇත. ඇය පෘෂ් on ය මත අතාර්කික ලෙස හැසිරෙන බවක් පෙනෙන්නට තිබුණද, ඒ සඳහා මූලික හේතු කිහිපයක් ඇතැයි විශ්වාස කිරීමට හේතු තිබේ, විශේෂයෙන් ඇගේ තත්වය හා සම්බන්ධ අවස්ථානුකූල සාක්ෂි සමඟ. මෙම ලිවීම ලියා ඇත්තේ ඇය පසුපස යන බොහෝ දෙනෙකුට නොපෙනෙන දේ පිළිබඳ අමතර අවබෝධයක් ලබා දීම සඳහා ය.

යශෝධා විමලධර්මා, ඕනෑම කෙනෙකුට සොයා ගත හැකි පරිදි, මේ වන විට ඔහු චතුරස්රාකාරයෙකි. (ඔව්, එය කාරණය විවෘතව නොකිරීමට ඇය හිතාමතාම කරන ලද ප්‍රභාෂාවකි) වයස වැඩි වෙත්ම, සෑම ජීව විද්‍යාත්මක ගැහැණු ළමයෙක්ම ප්‍රජනන හැකියාව පිරිහීමේ ස්වාභාවික ක්‍රියාවලිය හා ඒ හා සම්බන්ධ හෝමෝන වෙනස්කම් හරහා ගමන් කරනු ඇත. මෙම දැනුම ප්‍රමාණවත් තරම් පොදු විය යුතු අතර, යශෝධාගේ මෑත කාලීන වෙනස්කම් වලට සමාජ මාධ්‍ය ප්‍රතිචාරය එය සැබවින්ම එසේ දැයි ප්‍රශ්න කරයි.

කාන්තාවක් ගර්භණීභාවයට හේතු වූ චර්යාත්මක වෙනස්කම් වලට භාජනය වන විට අප සමාජයක් ලෙස පිළිගැනීමට වඩා වැඩි ය, නමුත් කනගාටුවට කරුණ නම්, ඔසප් වීම සමඟ සිදුවන දෙයට සමාන අවබෝධයක් ලබා දීමට අප උනන්දු නොවීමයි. මෙය සාමාන්‍ය හැසිරීම හා චින්තන රටාවන්හි සැලකිය යුතු වෙනසක් ඇති කළ හැකි අතර එය සම්පූර්ණයෙන්ම ස්වාභාවිකය. දරු ප්‍රසූතියේ යෙදී සිටින කාන්තාවන් එහි ආන්තික වෙනස්කම් වලට ගොදුරු වීමේ අවදානම අඩු වන අතර, ඔවුන් බොහෝ දුරට සිටින බැවින්, අපේ සමාජය එය සාමාන්‍ය දෙයක් ලෙස වටහාගෙන ඇති බව පෙනේ.

යශෝධා ජීවිතයේ මුල් අවදියේදී විවාහයක් හෝ දරුවන් නොසිටීම තෝරා ගැනීමක් කර ඇති අතර එය ඇයගේ පෞද්ගලික කැමැත්තකි. සමාජයක් වශයෙන් අප පෞද්ගලික විනිශ්චය සඳහා ඇති අයිතියට ගරු කළ යුතුය. මෙම තේරීම පිළිබඳ පෞද්ගලික සැකයන් සමඟ ඔසප් වීම හරහා යාමේ චිත්තවේගීය කරුණු අවබෝධ කර ගැනීමට අප උත්සාහ කළ යුතු අතර, එය ආශ්‍රිත හෝමෝන වෙනස්කම් නිසා ඇති වන අධික පීඩාවට අමතරව, යශෝධා නිසැකවම ජීවිත චරිතයට වඩා විශාල වන බව ජීර්ණය කරයි. කීර්තිමත් පුද්ගලයින්ගේ අවකාශය, ඇය අප සැමට වඩා අඩු මිනිසෙකි. සියල්ලට පසු ජීවමාන හුස්ම ගැනීමේ මිනිසෙකු වීමට ඇයට අයිතිය තිබේ.

එමනිසා, යශෝධාගෙන් සිදු වූ මෙම පෞද්ගලික වෙනස්වීම අවබෝධයෙන් යුතුව සලකන ලෙසත්, ඇයගේ විපත දීර් l කිරීමට හෝ වැඩි කිරීමට කිසිදු අතක් නොතබන ලෙසත් මම මෙයින් ඔබෙන් ඉල්ලා සිටිමි. ඔසප් වීමේ හෝමෝන විපර්යාසයේ ප්‍රති effects ල සැබවින්ම ග්‍රහණය කර ගැනීමට කිසිවෙකුට කවදාවත් නොහැකි වනු ඇත, එබැවින් කරුණාකර ඇය සමඟ සංවේදනයෙන් හා විහිළුවට ලක් නොකරන්න, මෙය සැබවින්ම බරපතල කාරණයක් බැවින්.

මේ සියල්ල ඔබට ග්‍රීක වුවත්, සමහර විට ඔබට මෙය තේරුම් ගත හැකිය. ඇය විහිළුවට ලක් කිරීමට උත්සාහ කරන බොහෝ මිනිසුන්ගේ මව්වරුන්ට සමාන වයසේ පසුවන අතර, එම කරුණ අවධාරණය කිරීමට උත්සාහ කරන්න. සමහර විට ඇය සමඟ සමාජ මාධ්‍ය ඔස්සේ අන්තර් ක්‍රියා කිරීමේදී සමාන ගෞරවයක් දැක්විය හැකිය. තරුණ අවධියේදී හිරිහැර කිරීමේ ගොදුරක් ලෙස යශෝධාට කිව නොහැකි භීෂණයකට මුහුණ දී ඇත, එබැවින් කරුණාකර ඇයව නැවත වරක් ඒ හා සමාන තත්වයකට පත් නොකරන්න.

ඔබ මෙහි දක්වා කියවීමට කාලය ගත්තේ නම් සහ යශෝධාගේ මෑත කාලීන අන්තර්ක්‍රියා වලට යමෙකු විහිළු කරන අයුරු ඔබ දුටුවහොත් ඔබට මේ පිළිබඳව දැනුවත් කිරීම සහ ඇය කෙරෙහි අගෞරවනීය ලෙස කටයුතු කිරීමෙන් ඔවුන් අධෛර්යමත් කිරීම ඔබේ යුතුකම කර ගන්න. ඔබට මෙම ලිවීම නිදහසේ භාවිතා කළ හැකි අතර, කිසිදු පෞද්ගලික ප්‍රතිලාභයක් නොමැතිව මෙය දිගු කලක් ලිවීමට මා විසින්ම භාරගෙන තිබීම ඒ සම්බන්ධයෙන් ඔබව පොළඹවනු ඇත. නොදැනුවත්වම ඇයට කරදර කරන අයට මෙය අවසන් වනු ඇතැයි මම බලාපොරොත්තු වෙමි.

චියර්ස්.

salitha22

• Feb 8, 2015
    දැන් ඔය බුලි කරන එවුන් කඩ්ඩෙන් ඔච්චර දෙයක් කියවගන්න පුලුවන් උන් කියලද හිතන්නෙ?
    එච්චර දෙයක් පුලුවන්නම් උන් බුලි කරයිද බන් ,මුට පිස්සු

Reactions: Honda.putha

Maskoora

• Oct 5, 2020
    ඒක චැලේන්ජ් එකක් ඉන්ඩජිත්ට. ඔයා කැමති නන් ඔය නම උට කියල අඩු කරවගෙන බලන්න.
    No need, Already i'm on it. see my thread (https://elakiri.com/threads/තවත්-රෙදි-අඩු-කිරීමේ-උත්සාහයක්ද.1997633/page-4#post-26658353) and me too got the complements from @Indrajith Gamage too. If he is ok, i;m more than ready to welcome him on board (But i remember him previously stating that he doesn't like "Nayanathara" at all.
    ඒ මොන හාල් කෑල්ලක්ද බන් යශෝදා එක්ක බලද්දී
    හාල්ද පොල්ද මම දන්නේ නෑ ..හැබැයි දැන් යශෝධා පරණයි.නාකියි . ඉතින් මේ කාලෙට ගැලපෙන්නේ මෙයා විතරයි මටනම්

Reactions: windows_ubuntu