- May 28, 2017
කිසිම දෙයක් වෙනස් වෙලා නෑ. පරණ විදිහමයි.
දෙගුණයක් ගෙවලා ශ්රී ලන්කන් එයා ලයින් එන්න ඕන
හෝටලේ නිරෝධායනය වෙන එකට දවසට 12,500 ගෙවන්න ඕන.
PCR ටෙස්ට් එකකට ඩොලර් 50 ගෙවන්න ඕන (දෙකට 100)
ෆ්ලයිට් එකට නගින්න කලින් හෝටලේ ගාන ගෙවලා ඉන්න ඕන
මුන්ගෙ අම්මලට හුකවන්න ඕනනෙ යකෝ කියන බොරු වලට. මේ වේසිගෙපුතාලා කිවුව නේද ප්රශ්නෙ විසඳුවා කියලා. යකෝ රාජපක්ෂ ආණ්ඩුව බොරු කියනවා කියල මෙහෙමත් බොරු කියනවද.
මහින්දයා ඇවිල්ලා හොරකම සාමාන්යකරණය කරා. ගෝටා ඇවිල්ලා වගකීමක් නැතිව බොරු කියන එක සාමාන්යකරණය කරනවා.
This has reference to your request for approval for returning/travelling to Sri Lanka.
The COVID-19 Task Force in Sri Lanka has granted approval for you to travel to Sri Lanka on the SriLankan Airlines. Accordingly, the approval has been conveyed to the SriLankan Airlines by the High Commission. SriLankan Airlines now operates 3 flights a week, on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays leaving London Heathrow at 9.30 pm. However, each flight arriving in Sri Lanka during the COVID pandemic is allowed to bring a maximum of 75 passengers per flight. The SriLankan Airlines will close a flight for sale 24 hours before departure.
Please note the following guidelines given by the COVID-Task Force in Sri Lanka in this regard for compliance:
- Sri Lankan passport holders/Sri Lankan Dual Citizens must carry a negative COVID-19 test results (in English) where the test could be either PCR Test done within 96 hours prior to departure or Rapid Antigen test done within 48 hours prior to departure. Passengers holding non-Sri Lankan passports arriving in Sri Lanka must carry a negative COVID-19 PCR report (in English) where the test has been carried out within 96 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure. No passenger will be allowed to board the flight without a negative COVID-19 test result. The passenger needs to carry a negative report (in English) throughout his/her journey. Please note that even those who have had their COVID-19 vaccines need to comply with this requirement.
- After arriving in Sri Lanka passengers will be subject to a mandatory PCR test at the airport. The Passenger has to bear the cost. (approximately USD 50/= per person to be paid in cash on arrival).
- If the person is tested negative for COVID-19, he/she has to stay at a paid quarantine centre, recommended by the Sri Lanka Army during the period of quarantine. (14 days from time of check in at the hotel). According to available information the tariff of the hotels where quarantine is arranged is Rs 12,500/- per night for single occupancy and Rs 7,500/- for double occupancy. The cost of hotel quarantine, PCR tests and transport from the airport to the hotel has to be paid in Sri Lanka. Should the Government implement the requirement to collect these payments in advance, then SriLankan Airlines will contact the passengers before departure. Please note that the High Commission of Sri Lanka in London is not able to reserve quarantine hotels in advance on behalf of passengers and the High Commission does not have information of the paid quarantine centres. Passengers will get this information on arrival in Sri Lanka.
- Requirement to undertake paid quarantine is a condition of the approval for your travel to Sri Lanka and quarantining at private residences of the passengers is not allowed.
- Between 10th - 12th days the person has to undergo the second PCR test in Sri Lanka.
- If the person is tested positive for COVID-19, he/she will be admitted to a government hospital in consultation with the regional epidemiologists.
- Prior to leaving the quarantine centre, the area Medical Officer of Health (MOH) would recommend him/her for home quarantine for a period of 14 days.
- The passenger (if an Ex-Sri Lankan/Foreigner) has to obtain a visa prior to departure
- Currently the issuance of "On arrival Visas" has been suspended until further notice due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Therefore, please arrange a representative of yours to visit the Visa Division of the Department of Immigration & Emigration in Battaramulla with the relevant documents (a copy of this email and a copy of your passport) in order to obtain a relevant visa/landing endorsement for you.
Foreign nationals travelling to Sri Lanka as tourists
Please note that the above procedure is ONLY for Sri Lankans/Sri Lankan Dual Citizens/Ex-Sri Lankans/those holding resident visas for Sri Lanka and foreigners who are family members (spouse/children) of Sri Lankans and accompanied by such a Sri Lankan in the journey to Sri Lanka for the purpose of returning to the country/family visits etc.
Foreigners who intend to visit Sri Lanka for the purpose of tourism should follow a different procedure stipulated for tourists which is available at the website of the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau at the link https://www.srilanka.travel/helloagain/