Things to Follow When Working for a Company

tharakaf

• Oct 19, 2020
    Guys,

Just wanted to share a few things that I gathered during my carrier. Going to put it here so that anyone who is a fresher or who is thinking of making the same mistakes can learn it. Feel free to translated this in to sinhala if required.

1. It is just a Job - Nothing more Nothing less
    2. Do you max for what you are paid - Nothing more nothing less
    3. Find the balance between been selfless and selfish
    4. Remember that people will selflessly help/support you only if they see the following 2 things (else they will either not help you or start feeling jealous)
      1. You will never cross their paths and become a competition
      2. You are trying to achieve something they think you cannot
    5. If you think you are not appreciated you have two choice - Always pick the latter
      1. Keep trying and burn yourself
      2. Move on to a place where you can use your energy to do something good for you, your family and the company
    6. If you are a manager remember that it is always good to be in a well performing team rather than been a CEO of a shitty company - Always look after your team well. Happy team happy life.

dzero

• Nov 2, 2009
    Well said machan. All points are 100% correct and especially point 6, I didn't see this in any other places. And that's 100% true. If the team is not performing well, you are in hell.

tharakaf

• Oct 19, 2020
    Well said machan. All points are 100% correct and especially point 6, I didn't see this in any other places. And that's 100% true. If the team is not performing well, you are in hell.
    Lot of managers think that he/she is a one man army. But the truth is that team is what makes them look good.

Oka nisa I always used to say that "60-70%" of the credit I get needs to go to the team because they are who made it happen. Godak managersla oka kiyanna bayai. Reason eka --> unta unwa justify karaganna be

Reactions: SK29 and dzero

dzero

• Nov 2, 2009
    Lot of managers think that he/she is a one man army. But the truth is that team is what makes them look good.

Oka nisa I always used to say that "60-70%" of the credit I get needs to go to the team because they are who made it happen. Godak managersla oka kiyanna bayai. Reason eka --> unta unwa justify karaganna be
    "Reason eka --> unta unwa justify karaganna be" , sira kathawa machan. seriously. (y)

tharakaf

• Oct 19, 2020
    "Reason eka --> unta unwa justify karaganna be" , sira kathawa machan. seriously. (y)
    Mama mage 60-70% kathawa kiwwama godak uda un ahanawa ehenam itin umben athi wade mokakda kiyala. My answer was "Ain karala balapan mokada wenne kiyala 😜 "

Finally when I left the team (for other reasons) --> now its almost non existent. Dan meeting wala un katha wenawa ado mu tama mey gema gahala tibbe bla bla bla.

For me the manager is the guy who gels the team together, brings the best of out people and steers it in the right direction. Godak management level ekey unta oka terenne ne.

Reactions: dzero