hrm

• Mar 19, 2008
    Battaramulla, Sri Lanka
    The JDM 141 is called Axio, not Axia - printing mistake :baffled:
    There are no brand-new Axios - Fixed, thanks :D
    Btw, Mr Abeynaike, is that you?
    :D
    - No I am not, who the fuck is Abeynaike? :baffled:

Now this 'Nope, almost all 141s imported by TL were manufactured in Japan. I'm yet to see a Thailand-made 141'

As I said, I am not a 141 expert. But,

My brother just brought one and nearly all salesmen, importers ( from Kurunegala ) whom we can trust about their knowledge said brand new 141 is made in Thai.

Yes the CR says MFC is Japan, but they kept saying It's Thailand.

Good to know

This is the E140 platform and 10th generation of the Corolla. For Japanese market it came as a narrow body car which is Axio 141. Its a JDM and always came here as a reconditioned car. Export variant was the Corolla 141 which we are referring here and bit larger in size. They are always brandnew imported by the agent and/or through permits. I'm not sure where they made this car but Thailand definitely produced this model in 2010s for Asian region. Maybe initial 2008/9 cars did came from Japan. Also after 2010 there was a variant imported from Toyota Pakistan for military officials. They mostly came as petrol 6 speed manual transmission.

Reactions: Solo Rider
    Mar 16, 2019
    Thanks a lot for the detailed information. <3

The issue is with JDM AXIO it costs a lot and I don't think that price is reasonable these days... :( Then again no car has a reasonable price these days.

So regarding this spare parts issue, will Toyota Lanka have them? but people don't usually go there due to higher prices?

Cenon

• Feb 25, 2011
    141 use karala nam na bt ghin tynwa, pattama comfortable wahane but fuel consumption eka madi kiyala kiyanawa.

Hyaenidae

• Apr 8, 2015
    So regarding this spare parts issue, will Toyota Lanka have them? but people don't usually go there due to higher prices?

TL should be able to source spare parts for you but you'll have to expect month-long delays for parts they don't have in stock and the price of brand new spare parts would obviously be higher than reconditioned parts. Since the export version wasn't sold in Japan you won't find recon spare parts from dealers who import recon spare parts from Japan - you'll have to find dealers who import spare parts from Malaysia/Thailand/Singapore etc

Mar 16, 2019
    TL should be able to source spare parts for you but you'll have to expect month-long delays for parts they don't have in stock and the price of brand new spare parts would obviously be higher than reconditioned parts. Since the export version wasn't sold in Japan you won't find recon spare parts from dealers who import recon spare parts from Japan - you'll have to find dealers who import spare parts from Malaysia/Thailand/Singapore etc
    Understood. Thanks a lot, guys! :love: